Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post ride tiredness??

• 26-12-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I know after a long 3-4 hour ride ita normal to be a bit tired. However I did jist 35k today and I am wrecked after it. I usuall do about 40-50km per day. I have a high carb diet usually. Its random when it hits me, I could do a 100k cycle and im fine after it or a 15km run and im grand. Is there a way to avoid it? I uaually get exhausted about 30 mins after the workout. I am not over trained as have had a few days off for xmass.
    Ps Happy Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

BMKN wrote: »
    .... I usuall do about 40-50km per day....

This. I know you said you had a few days off over Christmas but if your cycling every day you need 2 or 3 days off together off every so often to recharge your batteries, one day is no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

You mentioned you have a high carb diet, maybe try more protein and less carbs. Perhaps a high protein recovery drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭BMKN

Well I use a high carb diet so I have the energy for the rides or runs I do. I Might start taking a protein shake after rides or runs.
    bazermc wrote: »
    You mentioned you have a high carb diet, maybe try more protein and less carbs. Perhaps a high protein recovery drink?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Physical effort is one thing of many that may cause fatigue. I would not concern myself if it's a single exmple we are talking about here. It may be different if there is a pattern emerging, but I would certainly not be worrying about it at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

BMKN wrote: »
    Well I use a high carb diet so I have the energy for the rides or runs I do. I Might start taking a protein shake after rides or runs.

How is your sleep?
    Protein after exercise works well. No need for shake, real food is fine.
    irrespective of macro makup of diet you need to hit your micro nutrients; essential fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals.
    Unless your high carb diet is nutrient dense quality carbs you may be missing something or other.
    Plug a few days eating into cronometer and see if anything is amiss

• Advertisement
Advertisement