Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy for tall toddler (99th centile)

Options
  • 26-12-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

My lovely son is over 14 months and is 99th centile in height and weight. He has short legs but a very long back so we are looking for something to take his height and last another year or two. At 12 months he was the size of an 18 month old friend of his and he's shot up yet again in the last couple of months.

It would need to be possible to let him have the odd nap in it as, although it is rare that I let him sleep anywhere but his cot, I want him to be able to be put in a lying down position with leg support if he does have a sleep while in the shops.

If anyone has a buggy that they have used my it fits the bill please recommend away. Also if you had a buggy that you thought would last and didn't for whatever reason please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We have a bugaboo cameleon and I have posted previously that my "little" boy's head touches the top :( we also have a maclaren quest and he has WAY more head space.
    I have seen really really big kids in the baby jogger city mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Ooohhh good to know that about bugaboo Millem. I'll check out the baby jogger as the local shop has it I think. I hadn't even thought of maclaren buggys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Ooohhh good to know that about bugaboo Millem. I'll check out the baby jogger as the local shop has it I think. I hadn't even thought of maclaren buggys

I just leave the maclaren quest in my boot ;) My neighbour who is 4 is only out of his maclaren!!! if it comes to it though when he outgrows bugaboo (I might try and take off hood) I think we would defo buy a baby jogger city mini. I don't like the appeance of the out n about but I have seen very big kids in that too !

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I have an ICandy peach which I have loved but he is out growing it. My only other option is to stop feeding him or make him wear a brick on his head to drag him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

MIL has an ancient mcclaren quest. its about 8years old and on grandchild no 5. (along with a few foster kids)

My 2.5yr old still fits very comfortably in it with Loads of space . She is 90cm tall.
    It doesnt recline alot but my 9 month old has had the odd snooze in it and been pretty comfy looking.

I have the baby jogger city mini double (not single) and she has loads of space in that too. even though she would be in it with a coat and foot muff (which would make it bulky) she still has a decent amount of space left. This reclines alot (nearly flat) but there legs would be belt and sitting on the foot rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Baby jogger City mini is defo worth a look :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have a look at the out n about nipper ,it is very good for taller children .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I had the same problem and tried every buggy going but found mamas and papas armadillo great. http://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/armadillo/9031/

She still has plenty of room in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

We've the Uppababy Vista, my boy's over the 90th percentile for height and still has loads of room in it ... he's only 12 months now, but I really can't see him outgrowing it before he's old enough to be walking everywhere.

Having said that it certainly wouldn't be worth it for you investing in a new one at this stage - but if you saw one going at a good price secondhand, it could be worth a look.

Oh and it reclines flat, he seems to find it very comfy for snoozes! And it has a UV hood thing that pulls right down over the buggy, so it makes it lovely and dark for him in there when he needs a nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Baby jogger City mini is defo worth a look :)

Definitely the one to look at. Mine are tall as well and it fits perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

A jane slalom pro. Is very roomy and suitable for a tall child

Advertisement