Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio

Options
  • 26-12-2014 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

When I installed my new computer yesterday I noticed that my computer uses DVI and my Monitor VGA, luckily my computer came with a DVI to HDMI cable, but I have no sound now?!
    Any Help? PLEASE!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

sean2257 wrote: »
    When I installed my new computer yesterday I noticed that my computer uses DVI and my Monitor VGA, luckily my computer came with a DVI to HDMI cable, but I have no sound now?!
    Any Help? PLEASE!!!

I presume you mean your monitor has HDMI?
    When you mean the sound is gone, is this when you plug in headphones as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Assume he was using HDMI to HDMI on a TV or Monitor that had integrated speakers.

OP using the adapter youve used there sound cant be passed through to the monitor/tv. It only adapts the video, on HDMI cables carry audio too.

You need to get a 3.5mm TRS to 3.5mm TRS cable and connect that to your motherboards output and the monitors input.

330256000001154-00-750x750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

connect it to the audio out green socket at the back of the pc,
    OR the front audio out 3.5mm port on the pc.
    GO to monitor menu, audio settings, set audio volume to 90 per cent approx.

Advertisement