Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arrived in ROI

• 26-12-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

It's taken us almost two years but we are finally here. Are there any other Fjord owners out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

Welcome! I have seen a couple of Icelandic horses but no fjords. People are usually more into jumpers and hunters here

• Registered Users Posts: 19 norwegian fjord

fits wrote: »
    Welcome! I have seen a couple of Icelandic horses but no fjords. People are usually more into jumpers and hunters here

I didn't think that there would be many. There was a very cute one called Elvis last year for sale on Done Deal so was just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I ride a Pony called Elvis! He's not NF though, I'm afraid...

I haven't seen any but from pictures, I do agree with the cuteness! Their mane is amazing, cut or grown!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There used to be a man breeding Icelandics near Cahir, but have never come across any Fjords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I know of one in Kildare, his loving owner adores him, a young girl. His mane is gorgeous.

Unfortunately I don't know much about him, met him out schooling one day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Fjords look amazing alright!

What are they best suited for? I've read in the UK they use them alot for hacking cause they are fearless and can do a decent dressage test but not quite so suited to jumping! Also they have very strong, feisty personalities - sound like great characters :)

color_girl wrote: »
    Fjords look amazing alright!

What are they best suited for? I've read in the UK they use them alot for hacking cause they are fearless and can do a decent dressage test but not quite so suited to jumping! Also they have very strong, feisty personalities - sound like great characters :)
    They are great all rounders. Although not sure that they will jump great heights. I have done low level show jumping and cross country. Loads of hacking and sponsored rides. Not done any dressage as we went down the path of western riding. Competed seriously and did really well against the quarter horses. I just really enjoy him. Your right he can be strong willed and fiesty but overall very loyal and eager to please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭MedusaV8

norwegian fjord did you find some where in Kilmaine? I'm near Cross, we arrived here from Surrey in September.

Hi MedusaV8, yes we are near Kilmaine and settling in. I was working mainly in Surrey for the past 10 years. Small world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭MedusaV8

Hi MedusaV8, yes we are near Kilmaine and settling in. I was working mainly in Surrey for the past 10 years. Small world!

It certainly is. There is a couple from Woking running our local shop too. :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement