Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming related Christmas gifts

Options
  • 26-12-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

So what did ye all get this Christmas?

I did pretty well this year. In our house we got:

A Wii U console.
    Super Mario 3D World [Wii U]
    Mario Kart 8 [Wii U]
    Nintendo Land [Wii U]
    New Super Mario U [Wii U]

Shadow of Mordor [PS4]
    CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]
    Assassin's Creed Unity: Bastille Edition [PS4]

An Altair plushie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I got:
    Alien Isolation
    The Last of Us
    €50 Gamestop Voucher
    2x Destiny T-Shirts

Got my issues:
    Zombi U
    Super Paper Mario (Wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »
    I got:
    Alien Isolation
    The Last of Us
    €50 Gamestop Voucher
    2x Destiny T-Shirts

Got my issues:
    Zombi U
    Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Will we be able to leave Destiny alone long enough (provided PSN comes back soon) to play these new games?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Young lad no 1
    Pokemon Omega
    Pokemon White
    Triton headset
    Battleblock
    insurgency

Young lad no 2
    FIFA 15 PC
    Xbox pad for PC
    lego hobbit

Between them I5 2500K 16gb ddr 7870 (my old pc :D)

Me
    New PC
    Mordor
    Payday 2

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Got a steam voucher and I treated myself to the Halo MCC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hard to get presents for me since I pretty much have everything I want now. My girlfriend did pick up some japanese Famicom and Super Famicom games for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Alien Isolation
    Shadow of Mordor both PS4
    €45 PSN credit :o
    Hoping my brother pulls through with 1 more game as I'm selling him my PS3 for a VERY reasonable price as an Xmas gift

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A 32gb Nvidia Shield Tablet. Already great for streaming games from my PC, gonna start exploring the emulation tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Got a retron 5 off the wife so I can box up and store my originals. Once it's properly hacked I can box up all my old games too. Happy with that for sure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wouldn't go packing them up too soon. If you are a stickler for accurate emulation, the emulation is a bit naff apparently (Castlevania 3 not working is a sure sign of a terrible emulator) with a lot of games not really working. Probably grand if you are not too pushed but I find everdrives better (but immensely expensive) and are at least authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got no games

f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The Last of Us art book and soundtrack both which are fantastic.

1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. I have a feeling my backlog may grow uncontrollably now I have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Got no games

f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Same, but I did get a good haul of Gunpla.

1/144 High Grade Reconguista in G(HGRC) Grimoire
    1/144 High Grade Build Fighters(HGBF) Beargguy III(San)
    1/100 Master Grade Chars Z'Gok
    and Perfect Grade Unicorn Gundam LED Upgrade(to go with the 1/60 Perfect Grade Unicorn Gundam I bought myself for Christmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hoping my brother pulls through with 1 more game as I'm selling him my PS3 for a VERY reasonable price as an Xmas gift
    I'm not sure you understand how Christmas gifts work...
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die. I have a feeling my backlog may grow uncontrollably now I have this.

Ooh! I have that one, my backlog exploded after it! :( Though I still don't understand why Spyro isn't in it!

I have a bit of a wierd one. My sister gave me Lost Planet 3 and Pac-Man and the Ghostly adventure. I'm convinced she walked into HMV and picked up the first two 360 games she saw.

The girlfriend got me Sam & Max Season one (Wii) as well as another game that i wont find out until tomorrow. (It's either Alien: Isolation for the 360 or The Last of Us)

My father clearly knows me best though as he got me a boxed 3DO and a couple of games for it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got pro evo and a 50 euro voucher for GameStop which I'm gonna blow on shadow of mordor or GTA 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd pics uploaded for another forum, so may as well reuse them. The household haul:

23vymxd.jpg

sgoima.jpg

5d3pj7.jpg

1ynxxj.jpg

2w7273n.jpg

20h0fwo.jpg

m9sn12.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm not sure you understand how Christmas gifts work...

Ooh! I have that one, my backlog exploded after it! :( Though I still don't understand why Spyro isn't in it!

I have a bit of a wierd one. My sister gave me Lost Planet 3 and Pac-Man and the Ghostly adventure. I'm convinced she walked into HMV and picked up the first two 360 games she saw.

The girlfriend got me Sam & Max Season one (Wii) as well as another game that i wont find out until tomorrow. (It's either Alien: Isolation for the 360 or The Last of Us)

My father clearly knows me best though as he got me a boxed 3DO and a couple of games for it!

A Panasonic 3do ? My brother won one of them in the Sunday world in 95, great console , too bad it didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A Panasonic 3do ? My brother won one of them in the Sunday world in 95, great console , too bad it didn't work out.

Yeah, spent half of christmas day playing Road Rash and freaking out because it was afraid someone would give it a knock or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah, spent half of christmas day playing Road Rash and freaking out because it was afraid someone would give it a knock or something.

The only concern in that case would be for the persons leg :D the 3DO (assuming it's an FZ-1) is very well made console, very solid. Excellent present!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    The only concern in that case would be for the persons leg :Dthe 3DO (assuming it's an FZ-1) is very well made console, very solid. Excellent present!

If a planet killer asteroid is on the way, the FZ-1 is the device you want to be hiding behind, it's the most solid piece of electronics I own!

This Christmas I have picked up the following

LoZ: Twilight Princess on GC
    Super Smash Bros on WiiU
    Captain Toad on WiiU
    Drive Club on PS4
    Metro Redux on PS4
    Villager and Kirby Amiibo
    My son got
    Scribblenauts Unmasked for the WiiU, PAL edition only released in Aus so had to import it, I was the best Dad in the universe for a time though, so it was worth it!
    Skylanders Trapteam for the PS3, otherwise known as crack cocaine for minors.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Persona Q, Solatorobo, and Lightning Returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'd pics uploaded for another forum, so may as well reuse them. The household haul:

23vymxd.jpg

sgoima.jpg

5d3pj7.jpg

1ynxxj.jpg

2w7273n.jpg

20h0fwo.jpg

m9sn12.jpg

Wow, you've a full year's worth of gaming there!

Love the Gamecube stuff, those are my favourite Star Wars games.

Just Smash for me. And a Mega Drive tshirt. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Got infamous second sons PS4 (currently playing it now and loving it)
    Shadow of Mordor PS4
    Far Cry 4 PS4
    Dragon Age 3 PS4
    AC Blackflag PS4

Should keep me busy for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Freedom Wars (Vita) and Tears to Tiara 2 (PS3)

Have only just cleared the games I got for Xmas 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I got some money which I put towards the steam sale (so far just gotten Xcom complete and The walking dead Season 2) and potentially towards a PS4.
    In my house we also got some boards games ( Carcassonee:south seas, Medina and Telestrations). We also got a Minecraft Diamond Pick axe.

I got a few gift cards so have treated myself to :

Bayonetta 2 Special Edition [WiiU]
    Driveclub [PS3]
    Little Big Planet 3 [PS4]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got a boxed N64 with some games. How did we all play goldeneye with that frame rate I'll never know. Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Got 5 ps4 games
    Far Cry 4 kyrat edition
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
    The Walking Dead Season 2
    The Evil Within
    The Last of Us

Also got a book, The Ultimate History of Video Games.

Bought a few more games in the sales yesterday myself, all I need now is the gift of time :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got a few gift cards so have treated myself to :

Bayonetta 2 Special Edition [WiiU]
    Driveclub [PS3]
    Little Big Planet 3 [PS4]

Prepare for big time happy feelings playing that one, it's simply incredible.

Drive Club is pretty good too, but be prepared to download a savage 2Gb update to get the awesome dynamic weather.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Prepare for big time happy feelings playing that one, it's simply incredible.

Drive Club is pretty good too, but be prepared to download a savage 2Gb update to get the awesome dynamic weather.

I played the demo of Bayonetta 2 earlier today. The action certainly felt nice and smooth but I was only playing on the gamepad so very hard to judge how it actually looks. The small screen was making it hard to make out what was happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nintendo 3DS with New Super Mario Bros 2, Zelda: A link between worlds and Pokemon Omega Red for me. Oh and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix for the PS3.

I hate my backlog

Advertisement