Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"China House" Parnell Street

Options
  • 27-12-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

There was a (fantastic) Chinese restaurant on Parnell Street called China House but it closed earlier this year.

Would anybody happen to know if the family opened another restaurant elsewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Would love to know myself that used to be our regular Chinese to go to. We started using the one not much further down the road its pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Weren't a load of Asian places on Parnell St served with closure notices for H&S standards being so poor? Could have been one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Weren't a load of Asian places on Parnell St served with closure notices for H&S standards being so poor? Could have been one of them?

Maybe not

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/food-closure-orders-issued-for-eight-dublin-eateries-1.1995067

"There were four restaurants on Parnell Street in central Dublin issued with orders including, Spicy Bite, Netedo’s, Oriental Pantry Food Express and Lasani restaurant ."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Deenie123 wrote: »

Yeah a couple of months ago I seem to remember they were in one of the "malls" nearby though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumor :pac:

Mandarin House beside the old China House premises is great. Friendly staff, good sized portions and delish . I could have sworn both were owned by the same guy but I could be wrong there.

Lee Kee down the other end ( few doors up from the Supporters bar ) , is also great at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement