Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV advice needed please

Options
  • 27-12-2014 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately the small startup I'm working may not exist in a few months so it's time to start looking. Would anyone mind having a quick look at my CV please and suggesting improvements?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgdohh8pzmcrkpb/CV.pdf?dl=0

Many thanks!

Second question, when asked in an interview why I'm leaving, what would the best response be?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The CV looks well. I don't really know what you could add or strip away. As for being asked why you're leaving, maybe honesty is the best policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

As a general rule of thumb, you should avoid the use of personal pronouns. Instead of "I led a team", simply say "Led a team". Start sentences like that with action verbs to grab attention, rather than repeat "I this", "I that", which gets repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

you should really mention some of your soft skills such as project management, research etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Did you get honours in your degree/masters? If so, put that down.

Any hobbies/interests? Put em down, shows you have interests out of work. If you're extremely lucky the recruiter/interviewer might be in to them too and create a common ground before you even meet them.

LinkedIn account?

I never put my address on my CV, find it somewhat irrelevant although like the hobbies/interests it could mean you have a common ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Thanks for your feedback, took it into account. Just sent it on there so hopefully I'll be hearing back soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement