Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mice / rat problem .

• 27-12-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone help . I moved into a new apartment and I can hear something knawin away at the wood and walls in the ceiling . I'm pretty sure it's rats / mice , is there any product I can buy that will kill them or like a plug in sonar thingy or anything else . I don't want to use pellets cause they just eat them die and rot up there and the smell will he unbearable . I'm being driven mad by the noise . PLEASE HELP ! ANYBODY .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

get your landlord to fix it

dead rats smell bad

mice not so much

block holes set traps

put down poison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

seany44 wrote: »
    Can anyone help . I moved into a new apartment and I can hear something knawin away at the wood and walls in the ceiling . I'm pretty sure it's rats / mice , is there any product I can buy that will kill them or like a plug in sonar thingy or anything else . I don't want to use pellets cause they just eat them die and rot up there and the smell will he unbearable . I'm being driven mad by the noise . PLEASE HELP ! ANYBODY .

Probably mice. Rats make banging and thumping noises. The ultrasonic devises only work for a short period of time, they will get used to it and carry on regardless.

If you have a landlord call him/her, it would be their responsibility to get rid of them.

If you own the place call rentokil or some similar company. You need to know how they are getting in before you can solve the problem for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,806 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Probably mice. Rats make banging and thumping noises. The ultrasonic devises only work for a short period of time, they will get used to it and carry on regardless.

If you have a landlord call him/her, it would be their responsibility to get rid of them.

If you own the place call rentokil or some similar company. You need to know how they are getting in before you can solve the problem for good.

^^^^^

What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from East to Animal & Pet Issues.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Field east

It could be moles or shrews. I understand that they live on flies so the standard mouse/ rat treatment is no good. Professional pest controllers will do a very good job in most cases. They will normally be able to tell you the type of pest involved , where they are getting in and the best way to control them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Sorry op, this topic is not suited to the ethos of this forum.
    If you do a search, you will find dozens and dozens of similar threads, because this same topic crops up at least once a week.
    But we're not having them any more here.
    All the best,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement