Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicked out of Crystal Nightclub

Options
  • 27-12-2014 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I was just kicked out of Crystal Nightclub, the reason? Drunk on 7-up.

I'm dancing away with my cousin, when a bouncer beside the DJ booth grabs me and drags me. I've never been handled by a bouncer, letalone ejected from a club.

I'm thinking we're being moved to a different area, I slow down and tell the bouncer my friend's with me to, but he doesn't listen and continues dragging me, meanwhile I'm wondering what the sweet hell is going on.

I see the exit sign, and virtually stop and say "Wait where are you bringing me? I'm with a friend?", he says, "You're pissed. Out or I'm calling the guards", I don't think I've ever been so shocked in my life, he drags me further.

I stop still, saying "I have 2 7ups in me, how do you think I'm drunk!?", he just drags me out the door, rips off the band that lets you in and slams the door.

I was outside in the freezing cold, the most shellshocked in all my life.

So... what can I do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 viperkevin

squadro wrote: »
    Go home.

Yeah, done. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭baalad

Not alot unfortunately. Some bouncers are assholes. However, anyone that works for the owner of that premises are usually alright (i oboe the owner so familiar with the bouncers also) although i haven't been out in so long they may be different guys on the door these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Put it in your memoirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Train hard in a gym everyday, bulk up, go back to the night club and try dragging him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Rock Bottom through a table........... Whammmmmm
    Sorted.
    Never touched alcohol myself and experienced the same, at the end of the day as someone else here said "Some" bouncers are @$$holes, but don't paint them all with the same brush or take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

OP, presuming that you are telling the truth about having no alcohol in you and you have a witness (your cousin) to back you up about being thrown out unfairly, I would go straight to their facebook page and complain about your treatment, giving as much detail about the bouncer as possible and get your cousin to post as well backing you up, a lot of these places dont like the bad publicity on their website.

Sounds like you got a real pr!ck of a bouncer to be honest. I stopped going to that place coz of one particular barman in there, full of himself and makes loads of mistakes with change etc but never admits to it. Good luck with it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

OP, presuming that you are telling the truth about having no alcohol in you and you have a witness (your cousin) to back you up about being thrown out unfairly, I would go straight to their facebook page and complain about your treatment, giving as much detail about the bouncer as possible and get your cousin to post as well backing you up, a lot of these places dont like the bad publicity on their website.

Sounds like you got a real pr!ck of a bouncer to be honest. I stopped going to that place coz of one particular barman in there, full of himself and makes loads of mistakes with change etc but never admits to it. Good luck with it OP.

hit them up on social media, leave a review

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If I was you I'd be happy if I was chucked out of Crystal Nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

AFAIK there is actually nothing you can do about this...they have right to refuse anyone service (within reason cant discriminate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

He must of seen you doing something, you mention you were dancin away with your cousin, but is their something you're not mentioning, like for instance were your cacks down to around ankles or was your top wrapped around your head.

He must of seen you doing something, you mention you were dancin away with your cousin, but is their something you're not mentioning, like for instance were your cacks down to around ankles or was your top wrapped around your head.

Nope, nothing different to the hour and a half before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

There's more to the story...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

sue the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

viperkevin wrote: »
    Nope, nothing different to the hour and a half before that.

That's a bit of an evasive answer. Were you behaving in such a way that the bouncer could have reasonably thought you were drunk?

Anyway, the time to do something was there and then. You should have went to the nearest cop station to report the assault.

If you put it on Facebook, it's there forever for everyone to see, and 50% of people viewing it, including future employers, won't believe your version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

How old are you OP? I'm guessing by the post fairly young-ish and crystal is a bit of a creche in general. What just happened to you, is pretty much the norm in night clubs every weekend, you were just the unlucky one to be thrown out for whatever reason.

I wouldn't look to much into, as said forget about it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Laugh and spend your money elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ferdbags

Vote with your wallet OP. I stopped going into Masons as a rule after a barman short changed me to the tune of a tenner, and the manager couldn't wrap his head around the concept that the till adding up didn't change the fact that the tenner was in the barman's pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

One of the reasons why bouncer get away with behaving like this, is because no ever does anything!!

Bouncers can't just man-handle you willy nilly and nightclubs have a duty of care to their customers. You need to write down ever detail you can remember, who, what, when, where and how.

You could report the assault to the gardai and make an appointment to speak to someone from FLAC, just so you get proper legal advice.

You could also make a written complaint to the manger/ owners of the club.

Do nothing and nothing changes, its up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

defo more to this story!!! i worked as bouncer for few years meself and always gave a person a warning if they were messing about on dancefloor so you defo must have done something stupid to be thrown out, come on tell us more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

defo more to this story!!! i worked as bouncer for few years meself and always gave a person a warning if they were messing about on dancefloor so you defo must have done something stupid to be thrown out, come on tell us more

It's not as always as black and white, there are some absolute ****ing tyrants out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Some bouncers are dopes, same as some taxi drivers/barmen/accountants/doctors are also dopes

In general you are always given a warning before being asked to leave, and even at that you are told to leave under your own power first 9/10. If the incident is serious enough of course you will just be chucked out, but I have to think there is more to this story then he just came up and dragged you out by force straight away with no good reason.

I will say though, that there have been reports of heavy handed behavior from the Crystal bouncers over the last couple of months, not the Shortts ones though, specifically one or two of the guys who are in Crystal. Can't comment on any personal experience with them though.

kryogen wrote: »
    Some bouncers are dopes, same as some taxi drivers/barmen/accountants/doctors are also dopes

In general you are always given a warning before being asked to leave, and even at that you are told to leave under your own power first 9/10. If the incident is serious enough of course you will just be chucked out, but I have to think there is more to this story then he just came up and dragged you out by force straight away with no good reason.

I will say though, that there have been reports of heavy handed behavior from the Crystal bouncers over the last couple of months, not the Shortts ones though, specifically one or two of the guys who are in Crystal. Can't comment on any personal experience with them though.

As I've said to everyone before you on the matter of "There must be more to this"; There isn't.

I was dancing away, having a good laugh with my cousin, then simply out of nowhere I was then outside. No alcohol or anything else in my system. 2 glasses of 7up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Might I suggest trying going on the Sprite next time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I dont understand why people allow bouncers to even touch them, dont ever let them man handle you. Provided you are in the right that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

I dont understand why people allow bouncers to even touch them, dont ever let them man handle you. Provided you are in the right that is.

If you are asked to leave for whatever reason right or wrong and you say no you are then tresspassing, then bouncers have the right to put there hands on you,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gw80 wrote: »
    If you are asked to leave for whatever reason right or wrong and you say no you are then tresspassing, then bouncers have the right to put there hands on you,

I agree, but would stand for man handling, if asked to leave, leave, would stand for pushing and shoving in the slightest, especially sober

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

the way i always done it was grasp the back of the persons hand so if things get a bit tense while being ejected i could put said person in an arm lock straight away to restrain them, anything other than that is heavy handed unless its needed that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

I agree, but would stand for man handling, if asked to leave, leave, would stand for pushing and shoving in the slightest, especially sober

All depends on the situation really, even people who dont seem too drunk can be unpredictable,
    When I done security there was a few times when the person being put out was compliant and even pleasant to make you think they were going quietly only to throw a sneaky punch at me or someone else, so after a while I learned to always keep even just a hand on the person being put out,
    But some people take offence to even this and claim they are being manhandled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

RKOOO

Advertisement