Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicked out of Crystal Nightclub

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

OP have you complained to the club ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Nypd wrote: »
    OP have you complained to the club ?
    good god, why would you do that these days, when you can give out about it on a forum and resolve nothing..... that sort of sane thinking is frowned upon these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ghogie91 wrote: »
    RKOOO

From out of nowhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

robtri wrote: »
    good god, why would you do that these days, when you can give out about it on a forum and resolve nothing..... that sort of sane thinking is frowned upon these days

My thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The drunk line is funny. Its a nightclub. Is there anyone in there who isn't?

Thing with bouncers is they have to deal with a lot of sh1t I guess and after a while just don't seem to care or possibly can't care whether they're wrong or right. And like another poster said they can find themselves on the wrong end of unpredictable behaviour so they err on the side of caution. I have no other explanation for the things I have seen or even experienced myself.

What happened to you happened to me once or twice and every time it was unprovoked. I guess its a reality of clubbing. The one time where the bouncer was totally out of order - aggressive manhandling and even abuse - I simply never went back to the place. If you're really miffed about it I guess you should do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Become a better dancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Become a better dancer?

Delayed punchline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Used to live in waterford for 4 years as a student and this used to be the place i just hated to go to as the type of people who used to go here was just say different.

So there during RAG week this year i was at home doing college work while the lads went to a house party and i was joining them later as i had to get the stuff done for the next day. So i went by myself in i never had a problem before going into the foundry by myself to join people and the doorman there know me by name and i used to be always talking away to them before i headed in.

But the night in Crystal i was dressed very well shirt, blazer, skinny jeans. Had maybe 2 or 3 bottles of beer in me.

So went in there the door man said to me step aside and told me to take off my jacket and take everything out of my jeans and so on and he completely pat me down as well. So i went up stairs and join my friends and went to the bar and got a drink. So my friend said to me one of the bouncer over there is watching you for the past 10 mins since you came in ?. I was like ya he is so i handed my friend my drink and said i am off to the loo. So i went down to the loo and the bouncer came down after me ..... so i went into the loo, had a pee and then went out and there is now tow of them outside the door and i went back to my friend and the bouncers now 2 where following me. So i went to my friend i am going as something bad is going to happen to me if i stay here. While i was leaving the 2 bouncers still went down to the door with me so i turned around to them at this stage and said what the hell is your problems ?. They just said if you go you cant get back in ......

Still wondering what the hell did i do ?. Or what did they think i was ?. A drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still wondering what the hell did i do ?. Or what did they think i was ?. A drug dealer.

You were wearing skinny jeans...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm having trouble with the security staff in the reg. Everytime I'm there they tell be to behave myself and don't do what I done the last time I was there. I never started a fight there, thrown a glass. Shouted etc. Management won't listen to me if I went to them. Prob mixing me up with someone else but the last 3 times I was there I didn't do anything wrong (3rd Dec, July, June ). I asked the guy what date did I cause trouble and he just laughed

It's not a big thing but would annoy u and embarrass u. I'm a paranoid guy but now can't even go for a pint without feeling someone watching me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm a paranoid guy but now can't even go for a pint without feeling someone watching me

HTH http://youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Theres a guy I know. He's a beloved friend of a friend who doesnt drink. When he gets hyper he is as unpredictable and as unmanageable as someone with 10 shots in them.

OP was dancing and having the craic with their cousin in a night club.

Im going to suggest the OP was high on life, was unbeknownst to themselves being a bit obstreperous, had been told to calm down a couple of times which they werent aware of and eventually enough was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with the security staff in the reg. Everytime I'm there they tell be to behave myself and don't do what I done the last time I was there. I never started a fight there, thrown a glass. Shouted etc. Management won't listen to me if I went to them. Prob mixing me up with someone else but the last 3 times I was there I didn't do anything wrong (3rd Dec, July, June ). I asked the guy what date did I cause trouble and he just laughed

It's not a big thing but would annoy u and embarrass u. I'm a paranoid guy but now can't even go for a pint without feeling someone watching me

Strange you should mention that. I was at a party in a bar a while back and about 20 of us headed to the Reg afterwards. They let us all in apart from one guy who lives in Galway and had never been in the Reg before. They said he had been in there starting a fight a couple of months back. So cue a standoff and arguing for 10/15 minutes until another bouncer came out and confirmed he wasn't the guy starting the fight.

I could have understood if they said there's too many of us, or we were too drunk but to be so sure yer man was starting fights and then 10 minutes later decide "oh no, it was someone else" is a strange one. I really didn't expect to get in there that night, especially after all the arguing with the bouncer (he's a guy I recognise from various bars around town going back about 15 years so he should really be better with faces, Waterford isn't that big a place, lets be honest!).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Strange you should mention that. I was at a party in a bar a while back and about 20 of us headed to the Reg afterwards. They let us all in apart from one guy who lives in Galway and had never been in the Reg before. They said he had been in there starting a fight a couple of months back. So cue a standoff and arguing for 10/15 minutes until another bouncer came out and confirmed he wasn't the guy starting the fight.

I could have understood if they said there's too many of us, or we were too drunk but to be so sure yer man was starting fights and then 10 minutes later decide "oh no, it was someone else" is a strange one. I really didn't expect to get in there that night, especially after all the arguing with the bouncer (he's a guy I recognise from various bars around town going back about 15 years so he should really be better with faces, Waterford isn't that big a place, lets be honest!).

im getting sick of it to be honest. its a nice place but when the bouchers are on youre not sure will you be let in. mite go there some night when theres no bounchers on so i can enjoy my night without being paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Maybe you could take your business elsewhere?

Why would you want to go somewhere you feel uncomfortable or will not enjoy your night?

We went to go in there once, literally finished work, hopped in taxi and arrived. The bouncer told us we couldn't go in as we had too much in us, of course we didn't have a drop at that point (got out of taxi in front of building, no stumbling, no messing, walked straight up) but instead of arguing we just laughed at him and went elsewhere, life's too short!

I have never gone back, despite being asked by management I know there and staff repeatedly to call in for a drink. My business was not welcome that night, plenty of other places only happy to have customers, it is supposed to be the bar that makes an effort to get you interested enough to go in and spend your money there, not the other way around.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

its prob ralph that everyone is referring to,he worked in rubys for years and then front lounge after that when rubys changed hands, in these hard times especially for the reg, you would think they would be begging to get people in down there instead of letting an ancient doorman stop everyone just coz they look like a scumbag he threw out of rubys back in the day

Wasn't Ralph in my case anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Wasn't Ralph in my case anyway.

Is he still around? I remember him on the door of The Pulpit and Preachers back in the early 90's must be getting on a bit now.

He went to the Reg when it opened alright, probably still there. Handy number for him

Simple solution people, if you're not allowed in there, for whatever reason, bring your money somewhere else. I don't understand why people get butt hurt over not being allowed into a bar. Grand i says, and brings my custom elsewhere. If there's a group, then surely the group would leave if one wasn't let in (shítty group otherwise). This is the only way to make your point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Simple solution people, if you're not allowed in there, for whatever reason, bring your money somewhere else. I don't understand why people get butt hurt over not being allowed into a bar. Grand i says, and brings my custom elsewhere. If there's a group, then surely the group would leave if one wasn't let in (shítty group otherwise). This is the only way to make your point.

Butt hurt?

longshanks wrote: »
    Butt hurt?

Annoyed/angry

Advertisement