Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in crumlin

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paulkeno

Sundrive is a very long road stretches from Kimmage road lower to Crumlin road. Kimmage end has SuperValu and a couple other shops. It’s grand around there. In the middle is the 4 roads, there can be gangs of kids hanging around there sometimes outside the bookies, I’ve never had any problems but some people might find them a little intimidating. It’s mostly houses then till D.I.D on the Crumlin road across from the Garda station. I think it’s quiet enough but I don’t be down that end much. Probably best way to describe Sundrive is the closer to Kimmage the more expensive it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sundrive is busy with parents dropping off to Loreto in the mornings. Parking on the footpath, double parking.

Have only been there regularly before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SOL28

paulkeno wrote: »
    Sundrive is a very long road stretches from Kimmage road lower to Crumlin road. Kimmage end has SuperValu and a couple other shops. It’s grand around there. In the middle is the 4 roads, there can be gangs of kids hanging around there sometimes outside the bookies, I’ve never had any problems but some people might find them a little intimidating. It’s mostly houses then till D.I.D on the Crumlin road across from the Garda station. I think it’s quiet enough but I don’t be down that end much. Probably best way to describe Sundrive is the closer to Kimmage the more expensive it gets.

I wouldnt be too far from the four roads. you will see some lads outside the chipper at times - but so far Ive seen no issues in the 2 years Ive lived there. Sundrive is a long road - and outside the DID, there is some traffic issues at school times. But otherwise its a good road and has all the basic ammenities you'd like there. Id rarely go down into Crumlin Village at all as I have all i need off Sundrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hihihihi1234

Born and raised Crumlin head, living around the Pearse Park/Captains road/Derry park

Love the area. Has a lot in terms of local shops, sports clubs, is really close to town. However, there has always, always been trouble in the area.

When the anti social behavior would stop the gangland stuff would start and it just seems to be a never ending cycle.

It’s not pervasive, and especially if your known around and used to it it’s fine. But honestly as someone completely new to the area I’d think twice about living here, there’s certain behaviors and goings on you just have to accept or you’ll have an awful time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

crumlin is a lovely place, full of beautiful people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

crumlin is a lovely place, full of beautiful people.

Less so since I moved away :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

Less so since I moved away :)

me2

• Registered Users Posts: 31 flutterberry

Hi all. I’m looking at buying a house on Kildare road, one of the cul de sacs. Just wondering if anybody has any opinions or advice? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi all. I’m looking at buying a house on Kildare road, one of the cul de sacs. Just wondering if anybody has any opinions or advice? Thanks :)

Usually quiet up around there, 150 bus on your doorstep too even if it can be fairly unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Live on a through road and u wont have a problem.
    Cul de Sacs are the problem spots in crumlin i grew up in cashel avenue and poddle close and never had a major problem but saw some awful sights.

I have to laugh now as a kid peoples parents would be sketchy of me being common and from rough estates while their kids on the right side of the kimmage road Lwr/West were always angels and not the ones hopped up on drugs half the time.

I worked in the black horse(beside kcr industrial estate) for years and now its a craft beer brew pub i go for a coffee in pickles on sundrive road and overhear people talking about how this area(sundrive road) is a lovely part of harolds cross/ another time i heard how this part of terenure is picking up nicely :pac:.

Im glad its picked up its **** for me as i cant afford to buy there as it was a doddle for getting anywhere really and could walk to town in about 40 mins.
    My hope is it keeps trending upwards and more and more facilities are added.A pub that did good food will really do well i reckon someday soon.

Its a grand area now like most other areas built at the same time like ballyfermot and cabra etc and also a good pace setter for people buying in the new massive developments of Clonburris can take note of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The one 158A to 260A is quiet, but the bit 158A to about 200 is very narrow for parking on the road. The paths are very narrow too. You'd need to use the garden as a driveway.

Kildare Park is also quiet, with much more room. Houses on one side only.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

This has been a really interesting thread! When I was growing up I was in love with Crumlin! Every monday my dad would pick me up from school and bring me to hector greys in the crumlin shopping centre. We used to drive past an old church with a skull at the top of the door, I remember it was for sale really cheap but had a lot of conditions attached... I used to beg my dad to buy it. Think it became a fás centre! We'd always stop at Get fresh on the sundrive road as they used to sell pringles 2 for a pound, my dad was obsessed with sour cream and onion pringles and they used to be expensive back then! I think they were slightly out of date ones they'd sell but absolutely fine!! And then on Saturday mornings we would go to the old video library in the shops where supervalu is now in sundrive. They used to have catalogues like they have in argos, and you'd pick your film out of it! I'd always get fragile rock or something similar and my dad would get bugs bunny or Tom and Jerry! So really fond memories. Never realised it had a bad reputation until I was much older! I'm from Rathfarnham so no chance of buying around there! Bought a house in Kildare in 2017, sold it in December and just bought a house on Dowland Road! I know it's walkinstown but it is right beside crumlin village. I can't wait for this lockdown to be over so we can really start to explore!! I've seen the old church, it's only down the road, but haven't seen if hector greys is still in the centre! If anyone has any advice or recommendations for living on Dowland Road I'd love to hear!

Thanks and goodluck to anyone who bought their houses after reading the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 asscookies

Completely forgot about Chickenland in the Crumlin shopping centre! We used to go there some nights when my dad finished work late! It would be such an exciting treat going out at 10pm at night to get fried chicken on a school night!!! Think there still is a chicken place there but there are loads now! Every chipper does southern fried chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The only thing currently in the Shopping Centre is Dunnes, and only one store instead of the old 2. It's grand for bits and bobs but rest of sc is closed off. There's another thread about the upgrading of it somewhere here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Subbuteo

Birneybau wrote: »
      The only thing currently in the Shopping Centre is Dunnes, and only one store instead of the old 2. It's grand for bits and bobs but rest of sc is closed off. There's another thread about the upgrading of it somewhere here.

Here it is

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252077

It used to be a good place to shop back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Subbuteo wrote: »
      Here it is

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252077

It used to be a good place to shop back in the day

Thanks. Was there this morning. And Tuesday morning. And probably next Monday morning.

It will rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭InPsyDer

Would be very interested if anyone has opinions or knowledge of Captain's Avenue. Am considering a house there and although walking by it seems quiet enough it'd be really good to hear from anyone who has family or friends around that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mymymydelira

I’m looking at a house on Kells Rd up the cul de sac that’s for sale at the moment. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SUSANJC

Hi all. My daughter is looking at Ferns Road, sundrive end. Any feed back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 avviexo

Sorry to open up thread again, this board has been really helpful. We’re looking at buying a house on Windmill Road, and have seen some gangland associations with the motorbike club. Just curious if anyone has had any issues around this area in more recent times. I’m from D8 so I’m familiar with rough parts of Dublin City centre but not so much in Crumlin

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I think the biker crew keep to themselves and keep a very low profile. As long as you're not living next door to their compound I think it's grand. Down that end of Windmill (Kildare Road end) seems to me to be quieter than up near the Captains Road end.

Advertisement