Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd Match Thread

Options
  • 27-12-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Big test for us. United on a great run. They may not be overly impressive but they are scoring goals and wining games. You would imagine we will make a couple of changes, Davies will come in for Rose, Mason will start, will Fazio be left out with the challenge of Costa in a couple of days in mind? Townsend to start in place of lamela or chadli? Soldado to start??

I think we'll create chances against them, but United will score.

Prediction 2-2

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I fear we will get a spanking. 1-4. Serious performance required, would take a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Really hard game to call - we are both winning games even though we are both not playing well. Could be a great game in a great day for sport and lying on the couch all day :-)

I reckon we will show our usual fatigue and united will be very lively. United will prob win 1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Big test for us. United on a great run. They may not be overly impressive but they are scoring goals and wining games. You would imagine we will make a couple of changes, Davies will come in for Rose, Mason will start, will Fazio be left out with the challenge of Costa in a couple of days in mind? Townsend to start in place of lamela or chadli? Soldado to start??

I think we'll create chances against them, but United will score.

Prediction 2-2

COYS

Fazio and Costa have history so I'm hoping he plays well and Costa throws a wobbly and gets sent off and we win 2-1 again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

2-1

need to find a performance like v Everton

Great day of live matches !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

‪#‎THFC‬ team: Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Mason, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Walker, Lamela, Dembele, Paulinho, Soldado ‪#‎COYS‬

Interesting Walker dropped for chiriches.
    Probably best line up we have

Would have preferred Walker in there, at least he has pace. That centre midfield doesnt inspire confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I think we'll start brightly and go a goal or 2 up but get pegged back due to defensive errors can see this being 2-2 or 2-3 to United. Goals in the game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

How's the game looking? Can't watch it.

irishmover wrote: »

Good game we are playing ok united have most of the ball they just hit the post from a free kick we've had 1 or 2 chances

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    Good game we are playing ok united have most of the ball they just hit the post from a free kick we've had 1 or 2 chances

They are destroying us man

We are really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Utd the better team, just hit the post from a free kick. Our best chance will come from a counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Commentators couldn't be any more biased against us, we're playing ok, had a few chances

Vertongan goal line Clearence. United building pressure big time

Commentators couldn't be any more biased against us, we're playing ok, had a few chances

Yeah townsends done well and Kane.

Why do that Andros?

Yeah townsends done well and Kane.

Ffs just as I say that Townsend goes in the book for a stupid challenge

What game you watching? They are all over us. Two goal line clearances , hit post and falcao missed sitter

We can't get the ball

Would like to see Dembele on for Mason/Bouli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Pretty much what I expected then..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Commentators are spot on. We're being destroyed. Only a matter of time before they score.

Problem is our central midfield is getting battered because we are outnumbered and out skilled in that department and 50% of our wingers are idiots

mickman wrote: »
    What game you watching? They are all over us. Two goal line clearances , hit post and falcao missed sitter

We can't get the ball

Our midfield doesnt exist, cant get the ball, cant hold on to it when we do get it.

****ing Townsend. How can he not control a ball like that we'd a break on. At least hold it up.

What the heck, somebody has to take control there.

Biggest miss of the season by van Persie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

mickman wrote: »

We can't get the ball

We've had chances too. You do realise we are trying to contain players of the class of RVP, Rooney, Falcao and Mata with the players we got. We are doing ok, it's as I expected. We have not got any player to boss midfield, our defenders have been good.

We've had chances too. You do realise we are trying to contain players of the class of RVP, Rooney, Falcao and Mata with the players we got. We are doing ok, it's as I expected. We have not got any player to boss midfield, our defenders have been good.

What chance was that ? De gea hasn't had a touch

• Advertisement

If we get to half time I'd be relatively happy, we've rode our luck. But it's not Utd of old, they can be caught out cold.

Advertisement