Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd Match Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Should've had a peno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

All about the fitness levels, pays off. When was the last time we had Utd on the ropes?

Loris man of the match? Was he our best player? Surely Kane or Davies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Great result in the finish

Not sure if United faded or was it good play from us but we completely bosses the second half Bd could have won it

However based on the brilliant chances United had in the first half I'm very happy with a point

Kane is class !

• Advertisement

4 points from 2 matches over the Christmas period is good going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Delighted with a point, we were the fitter team in the end

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We were lucky to not concede in the 1st, and Utd were poor enough in the 2nd, but that's still a good result. We actually played some decent football in the 2nd half and could have gotten one. Definite peno for Rooney on Kane as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

If we got a good CM then we can push for fourth in the second half

Our wingers find it very difficult as there is no modric type player to set them free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good result, would take the same against Chelsea

• Advertisement

So Van Gaal goes with the same team then moans that his players are tired...

Mason should have won it for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Good result for Spurs. Really are a sleeping giant for too long.
    If Spurs get new owners then watch out. I think Liverpool should relocate to London.
    Would make them more attractive to the better players/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Where are we getting all this good luck from. It has to run out sooner or later. United shud have been a minimum of 2 nil up at half time. The referee gave us everything too.

Not to mention the absolute day light robbery at Leicester a couple of days ago. How they didn't get at least 1 penalty I'll never know.

Having said that the clean sheet is most welcome.
    Davies needs to play every game possible.
    Kane is getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Well played tottenham
    Bring on those Chelsea cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I think Liverpool should relocate to London.
    Would make them more attractive to the better players/

What??????!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Love it when I'm negative and proven wrong. Good result. Would have liked to have watched it.

More of the same against Chelski please.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Where are we getting all this good luck from. It has to run out sooner or later. United shud have been a minimum of 2 nil up at half time. The referee gave us everything too.

Not to mention the absolute day light robbery at Leicester a couple of days ago. How they didn't get at least 1 penalty I'll never know.

Having said that the clean sheet is most welcome.
    Davies needs to play every game possible.
    Kane is getting better and better.

You make your own luck in football. If you keep at it till the 90th minute and longer, then you get your reward. If you are fitter then other teams you have the armoury to stay pushing hard till the 90th min, and that creates some self belief. Think back to the days when Utd scored so many late goals, and did people call them lucky, no it was because they were fitter and better. So why do Some of our supporters call any late goals or decisions that go in our favour as lucky, or if teams miss easy chances that's lucky for us , but if we miss them then we should get rid of the players who missed the chances. Even worse when Lloris plays well and does what he is paid to do , then we are still lucky. I remember games when in the past when we have created chance after chance only for their keeper to have the game of his life , but our supporters blame our players for not scoring. A bit of balance would be nice from supporters.

PVincent wrote:
    So why do Some of our supporters call any late goals or decisions that go in our favour as lucky, or if teams miss easy chances that's lucky for us , but if we miss them then we should get rid of the players who missed the chances. Even worse when Lloris plays well and does what he is paid to do , then we are still lucky. I remember games when in the past when we have created chance after chance only for their keeper to have the game of his life , but our supporters blame our players for not scoring. A bit of balance would be nice from supporters.

I never mentioned last minute goals or goals against the run of play or whatever.

I was talking about 2 stonewall penalties. Doesn't matter how fit, resilient or how much good attitude you have, those things have zero influence on the referee making poor decisions.

And I'm not complaining either, long may it continue but luck... both good and bad tend to even themselves out over the course of the full season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

PVincent wrote: »
    A bit of balance would be nice from supporters.

A balanced view on yesterday would be that we were absolutely upping blessed not be at least 3 nil down at halftime. Yes, they stuck at it for 90 minutes and were much better in the second half, but our defence was extremely poor in the first half.

How many times will Rooney, RVP and Mata all miss sitters in the one game?. The result was great but if you think we were anything other than lucky your deluded!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mushykeogh wrote: »
    A balanced view on yesterday would be that we were absolutely upping blessed not be at least 3 nil down at halftime. Yes, they stuck at it for 90 minutes and were much better in the second half, but our defence was extremely poor in the first half.

How many times will Rooney, RVP and Mata all miss sitters in the one game?. The result was great but if you think we were anything other than lucky your deluded!

Agree with most of that. We were lucky to be 0-0 at HT, I thought Utd were very good. Still not convinced of the 2 boys at centre half, despite there good record together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree with most of that. We were lucky to be 0-0 at HT, I thought Utd were very good. Still not convinced of the 2 boys at centre half, despite there good record together.

To be fair Fazio is improving all the time. If anything it's Vertonghen looks the weak link. I'd still stick with them as it's working even if shaky at times

Fazio$ lack of pace is shocking but he's decent enough when up against someone of similar pace.

looking forward to seeing his tussle with Costa. Either could see red in the 90mins

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

I think you will find that I didn't mention any particular match, just a generalisation on some of the opinions of our fans. And yes it does tend to even out , but why do we insist on saying we were lucky all the time, and yet when we are unlucky we can't seem to say that. Just my views guys, just my views. Personally I think we are doing ok, growing in stature, belief , and ability. Time will tell of course, but am pretty happy with how the last couple of months have developed, with that added bit of luck that we got ( or made ourselves!) . Fingers crossed for Thursday and some more of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

After Jose whinging about everybody out to get him I hope the ref doesn't pander to him and his team in the game against us. He is very calculated and clever in what he says.

I am extremely happy the way things are going. We do need to stabalize after the last eighteen months of chaos. We have been extremely lucky with results in the last couple of months imo. Its about getting results and building confidence. Hopefully this will lead to more confidence within the team. A lotta luck is no bad thing.

Advertisement