Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Tattoo salon requirements

Options
  • 27-12-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

hi,
    i was wondering if any one could help me here a bit, im thinking to open a tattoo salon in my area, what are the requirments for openning one? do i need any HSE licensing/approval or etc? is there some sort of official list of gear that i have to have before i open up? im sorry for this sort of questions, never had an official business opened in Ireland, worked from home mostly and yes im foreign.
    Would really appreciate if you could help me out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sadly, the industry is not regulated in Ireland, so there's no list of requirements.
    There may be requirements around the autoclave, and/or the disposal of needles/other waste materials though.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭lisij

Star Lord wrote: »
    Sadly, the industry is not regulated in Ireland, so there's no list of requirements.
    There may be requirements around the autoclave, and/or the disposal of needles/other waste materials though.

thats ok, so basicaly, i could just find a place for my new salon, register it and thats it im good to go? does autoclav has to be with some particular standards or at least "working"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

lisij wrote: »
    thats ok, so basicaly, i could just find a place for my new salon, register it and thats it im good to go? does autoclav has to be with some particular standards or at least "working"?

Are you for ****i g serious. People like you make ireland need to have regulation. Do i need a working autoclave for ****s sake.

Are you for ****i g serious. People like you make ireland need to have regulation. Do i need a working autoclave for ****s sake.

woahhh there, im only asking

If you had any clue at all of what you were doing you wouldn have to ffs

• Advertisement

If you had any clue at all of what you were doing you wouldn have to ffs

you have some problems there i see, i was only asking what are the requirements for autoclave, does it have to be some kind of special one by Irish standards/regulations or just an ordinary one that could sterilize the gear and up i go.
    shish..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

If you need to ask how to open a tattoo "salon" on an online forum, you should not be opening one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Adiboo wrote: »
    If you need to ask how to open a tattoo "salon" on an online forum, you should not be opening one.

I think you're being a bit harsh here tbh. In fairness the OP was only asking if there are any specific hygiene/licensing requirements they needed to adhere to if they opened up a studio. Coming from someone not originally from Ireland I would have thought that would have been a reasonable enough question to ask.

P_1 wrote: »
    I think you're being a bit harsh here tbh. In fairness the OP was only asking if there are any specific hygiene/licensing requirements they needed to adhere to if they opened up a studio. Coming from someone not originally from Ireland I would have thought that would have been a reasonable enough question to ask.

they also said they work out of there house and if they needed a working autoclave. That says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

they also said they work out of there house and if they needed a working autoclave. That says it all

True that would lower the estimation alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

you wouldn't try getting a job in an established shop no? Seeing as you have little idea what you are talking about?

I wonder why not.

Advertisement