Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste collection - Celbridge

Options
  • 27-12-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I just moved to Celbridge and am wondering can I buy bin tags and for what company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think anyone does tags anymore, allied used to but haven't seen them in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

mooneyd wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I just moved to Celbridge and am wondering can I buy bin tags and for what company.

AES still do the tag system ... I think it's €7.50 tag ... but there's a yearly fee also :
    http://www.aesirl.ie/household-customers/prices-and-plans/choose-a-service-plan

Thorntons do a €50 yearly fee, then charge per lift via your account that you must keep topped up ...
    http://www.thorntons-recycling.ie/domestic-introduction

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

RayCon wrote: »
    AES still do the tag system ... I think it's €7.50 tag ... but there's a yearly fee also :
    http://www.aesirl.ie/household-customers/prices-and-plans/choose-a-service-plan
    That's only available to existing kcc customers and I'm sure the tags are around €9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

If it's only domestic waste you want to get rid of you can use the facility at the Esso/Spar station on the Clane Rd. where I think it costs €5 for two bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The Thornton's deal is hard to beat if you recycle (which is free). Think we've had 2 or 3 black bins and 1 compost bin out in 18 months so it should be working about €70-80 a year altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

2ndcoming wrote: »
    The Thornton's deal is hard to beat if you recycle (which is free). Think we've had 2 or 3 black bins and 1 compost bin out in 18 months so it should be working about €70-80 a year altogether.

I dont get it, you've put out 2/3 bins and paid 140-160 euro for it.
    Maybe i'm missing something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

dobsdave wrote: »
    I dont get it, you've put out 2/3 bins and paid 140-160 euro for it.
    Maybe i'm missing something:confused:

Thorntons give you three bins.
    - Black for general waste
    - brown for compost able food waste
    - green for recyclable paper, washed tins etc

You pay a fixed charge per annum of €50 and then per lift - but only for the black and brown bins. There is no lift charge for the green bin.

So, with some management you can get the best value with Thorntons!

That's it exactly... the green bin goes out every two weeks for us. Once your good at limiting the amount of food waste you have pretty much everything else is recycleable except used kitchen roll, tea bags, egg shells... stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Very impressive from both of ye.

That works out at about 1kg of waste a week.

Well it's only myself and herself in the house, vast majority of our waste would be just packaging, bottles, jars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement