Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old funiture store john street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

noticed a sign in the window this eve opening or coming soon something to that affect

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Good for John st. As retail had gone way down on that street, overtaken by pubs/restaurants.

should create more footfall on john street, which in turn can only be good news for mac donagh junction, and john street, hopefully the council now might do something with the footpaths on john street

Walked by today and signs for Guineys up "coming soon".

was in a shop in dublin over the weekend, spoke to the manager reckons there hoping to have Kilkenny store open by june

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Where is the Planning Permission on Council website? Had a look and couldn't find it?
    http://planning.kilkennycoco.ie/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=15149&LASiteID=0

linny wrote: »
    was in a shop in dublin over the weekend, spoke to the manager reckons there hoping to have Kilkenny store open by june

Wonder would that be optimistic? What with planning and alterations to be made thereafter. Pending no objections (this is Kk afterall).

Wonder would that be optimistic? What with planning and alterations to be made thereafter. Pending no objections (this is Kk afterall).

just reading the planning app on council web site fairly minor changes, just want to knock a shed to the rear and build toilets and staff area, didn't realise shop floor area in there was over 1500 sq mtrs (16145 sq ft) going to be a big store

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

I heard there was a Michael guineys going there, but I'm not sure how true that is

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Apologies, I thought there was only one page in the thread.
    Has anyone heard anything about dealz are meant to be coming to high street?

• Advertisement

Guineys are going into the old furniture shop on top of john street. Have building bought just waiting on planning to be approved for building canteen and toilets to the rear.
    Didn't hear anything about dealz coming to Kilkenny where would they go only place can think of would be the old shopping mall if all the units were knocked into one but there was some kind of amusements for kids suppose to be going in there. Would be ideal for a dealz if they were to go there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I heard there was a Michael guineys going there, but I'm not sure how true that is
    Walked by today and signs for Guineys up "coming soon".

Was up there today. Sign still there Guineys comming soon,no work going on though.:(

June is the supposed date but I'd say could even be late July or even august by time planning get true and building and refurb is finished

Guineys got the go ahead also from the council this will be a great addition to john street

Defo not June so lol.
    They might get open for September? Guineys do a lot of back to school stuff and sell it cheap it too.

great to see work starting on Guiney's, hopefully might be open for Halloween

Looks to be lots of work going on. I'd say they have a lot of refitting to make it into a suitable store.

New windows and doors gone in, in the last week anyone hear when it might be opening. Wonder will it be this site of Xmas

this is great news for john street hopefully it will attract new business to some of the vacant buildings on the street
    meeting-image21[1].jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Passed this evening.. It looks open . Nothing worse than an empty shop unit :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Passed this evening.. It looks open . Nothing worse than an empty shop unit :)

It opened Monday morning.

Was in going to centra in johns green so popped in for a minute. The place was jammers with women and myself checking the place out.

Stocks men's, women's and kids clothes as well as household items and Christmas decorations.

Hoping to get in tomorrow looks massive from the street

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

Its great to see premises like this in use. It's sad to see unused premises in other towns, even on main streets. Kilkenny walks a fine line between a vibrant town and run down one. Thank the tourists, I suppose, in that they are the difference between business in Kilkenny and a similar sized town in the region

Advertisement