Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somebody is using my email to sign up to services

Options
  • 27-12-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Here's a bit of an odd one. I don't really know what the correct thing to do is.

Every now and again, I'll receive an email from a service thanking me for signing up, despite not signing up at all!

The latest service is Netflix.

I've reset the password to the Netflix account in hopes that the guy will cop on and use a different email.

I have his full name, the last four digits of his Visa card, but no billing address. I've tried looking him up on Facebook, but many people have the same name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Possibly a typo when entering their email? ( twice I know.. maybe drunk! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Cathalog wrote: »
    Here's a bit of an odd one. I don't really know what the correct thing to do is.

Every now and again, I'll receive an email from a service thanking me for signing up, despite not signing up at all!

I've reset the password to the Netflix account in hopes that the guy will cop on and use a different email.

I have his full name, the last four digits of his Visa card, but no billing address. I've tried looking him up on Facebook, but many people have the same name.

That is really weird. How about contacting customer support for Netflix, or the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Cathalog wrote: »

Is there any chance that you both have similar emails and he is mixing up a letter or digit.

I'd recommend you either just reset the passwords and hope he cops on or you could also try emailing the websites he is signing up to and telling him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Are you using Gmail? Gmail has an issue with user names containing dots which are ignored so that user.name@gmail.com or u.s.e.r.n.a.m.e@gmail.com are the same as username@gmail.com. It might also extent to domains which use Gmail for their email services though I can't confirm that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

thaidad4 wrote: »
    You broke the law when you access and altered his netflix account good one op that will show him when you get the cops a knocking.

lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement