Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Face

Options
  • 27-12-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a north face jacket. Atm it is €300+. Does anyone know if they are going to be having a sale or if there are any discounts going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If you know your size check Amazon UK as they are often cheaper than local retailers. Also with checking online sales in the likes if Snow and Rock, 53 degrees north, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If you know your size check Amazon UK as they are often cheaper than local retailers. Also with checking online sales in the likes if Snow and Rock, 53 degrees north, etc.

Thanks for that. I will certainly check them out. Never even thought of amazon. I remember trying on some stuff in 53 degrees north a couple of years ago. The chap working there said that north face sizes tend to be different, is this true? I ended up settling on a columbia jacket that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

The north face store in Kildare outlet have a few good offers, I was in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

There is a massive yearly sample sale on started yesterday from 10am in 53 Degrees North - some nice 3in1 gtx jackets for 170e down from 300/250e mark (North Face, HH etc). I got a nice gtx nf jacket last year there so, I'm sorted for three years minimum ;)

I went there and got two nice short sleeve shirts this time.

You really want to know the stuff as they are not honest at all with their "before reduction" prices on sale items, but if you're careful you can still grab a decent deal there.

BTW
    I'm into NF clothing for nearly a decade now and I can't confirm that sizes are different - for me size M was always a perfect fit and today it is exactly the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

rightman wrote: »
    There is a massive yearly sample sale on started yesterday from 10am in 53 Degrees North - some nice 3in1 gtx jackets for 170e down from 300/250e mark (North Face, HH etc). I got a nice gtx nf jacket last year there so, I'm sorted for three years minimum ;)

I went there and got two nice short sleeve shirts this time.

You really want to know the stuff as they are not honest at all with their "before reduction" prices on sale items, but if you're careful you can still grab a decent deal there.

BTW
    I'm into NF clothing for nearly a decade now and I can't confirm that sizes are different - for me size M was always a perfect fit and today it is exactly the same ;)

Cheers. I was looking at the north face site. There seems to be reductions on a lot of gear atm. Thanks for clearing the size thing for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement