Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I flew back to California from Ireland on Sunday. 29 weeks pregnant and all things considered, it was actually a pretty comfortable flight and I'd do it again.

I now have pain in my pelvis when I stand up for a while or walk around for too long, not very comfortable and I'm not sure if it's just because of the stage of pregnancy or after all of the standing and walking in the airports.

I went for a swim this morning though and it felt great.

Hope everybody else is doing well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Novella wrote: »
    I flew back to California from Ireland on Sunday. 29 weeks pregnant and all things considered, it was actually a pretty comfortable flight and I'd do it again.

I now have pain in my pelvis when I stand up for a while or walk around for too long, not very comfortable and I'm not sure if it's just because of the stage of pregnancy or after all of the standing and walking in the airports.

I went for a swim this morning though and it felt great.

Hope everybody else is doing well. :)

Fair play Novella you're doing very well, I'm not too bad suffering with back pain but it has eased a bit.

Finding time has slowed down a bit , getting a bit anxious now to have baby here

I feel the same! Time was flying by but now it's at a bit of a standstill. Are you all ready for baby's arrival? I'm not at all, have barely bought a thing. It's funny because I'm usually the most organized person in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I thought that because I had everything sorted so early, time would drag by. It's only when we said we'd get new floors, new car, paint the house and do the garden that we thought hang on, do we even have time before baby comes!!

Scan on Monday, really looking forward to it. My husband can't make it so I was going to see if my mother in law would come with me. I'd say she'd love to see it, but she's very quiet and I'm afraid it might be a bit awkward
    Might just bring my 5 year old :)

Hope you enjoy your scan, Panda! :)

I bought my buggy today so I'm happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Just to let u all know baby elegance is doing an offer 1k that includes,cot,buggy,Moses basket,bath, sleeping bags.Loads other stuff I only found out about deal yesterday.Looks like everything you'll need for first timers (me).Makes life easier cause I wasn't sure what to buy.Just given heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Hope you enjoy your scan, Panda! :)

I bought my buggy today so I'm happy. :)

Ooo what did you go for?

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Ooo what did you go for?

I went for the Uppababy Vista in the end. I liked the Cameleon but I just found the Vista easier to fold and you don't have to remove the seat. Plus my husband didn't like the handle on the Cameleon because it's kind of square and not rounded, talk about fussy! :pac: Both great buggies though!

Picking it up from the shop today because we left it with them so they could assemble it. I'm excited to actually have it in the house, makes things more real! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

texas star wrote: »
    Just to let u all know baby elegance is doing an offer 1k that includes,cot,buggy,Moses basket,bath, sleeping bags.Loads other stuff I only found out about deal yesterday.Looks like everything you'll need for first timers (me).Makes life easier cause I wasn't sure what to buy.Just given heads up.

I have a few friends that got that bundle and were delighted with it. Just be sure to chase up delivery if you do get it, they seemed a little slow with it.

For anyone getting the whooping cough vaccine, I didn't find it as bad as all the horror stories suggested. Now I did have a very painful arm for 24 hours after it - literally felt like I'd been beaten with an iron bar. But by Saturday evening, it was more just numb and sore around where I got the injection. No flu like symptoms or sickness thankfully.

• Advertisement

For anyone getting the whooping cough vaccine, I didn't find it as bad as all the horror stories suggested. Now I did have a very painful arm for 24 hours after it - literally felt like I'd been beaten with an iron bar. But by Saturday evening, it was more just numb and sore around where I got the injection. No flu like symptoms or sickness thankfully.

Nobody has mentioned this to me , strange. Not due back to doctor for another few weeks.

Maybe its a Cork thing! There was a pamphlet about it in the info pack I got from the hospital at 12 week booking appointment and it was mentioned to me too. I've seen loads of posters up in the gps and hospital about it. Maybe there is an epidemic in Cork!

Maybe its a Cork thing! There was a pamphlet about it in the info pack I got from the hospital at 12 week booking appointment and it was mentioned to me too. I've seen loads of posters up in the gps and hospital about it. Maybe there is an epidemic in Cork!

Maybe although seems to be a new thing I just googled it

Thanks for tip on the delivery.I've decided against the whooping cough vaccination if it's offered.Just a personal choice.Back tomm for check up dominoes.Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Hi ladies hope your all keeping well.

The heat is killing me. 27 degrees here but cloudy and overcast and I've no energy at all.

The 3 kids are away on their holidays for a week and the break is lovely but there is so much to do plus I kinda miss the little feckers when they aren't around!

Bump is doing fine next check up in July! Feels like I've barely seen them at all I'm not complaining!

Very quiet on this thread!

How are all you ladies doing?

Well went to Domino clinic last Wednesday the midwife told me I measure 4/5 weeks ahead in measurements of baby.So was referred to Rotunda not a nice experience today.Told I will need a glucose test as measuring big by midwife.I asked was she sure as I've never had it appear in any of my other test.She was adamant I was going for one in the morning and not very nice about it treated me like I was a dummy and did not like being questioned,I didn't understand the lingo she was throwing around and asked her to explain not happy delaying everyone.Went to see Dr she said baby measures fine no need for glucose test.No need to go back until having baby.Still not a nice experience.

Well went to Domino clinic last Wednesday the midwife told me I measure 4/5 weeks ahead in measurements of baby.So was referred to Rotunda not a nice experience today.Told I will need a glucose test as measuring big by midwife.I asked was she sure as I've never had it appear in any of my other test.She was adamant I was going for one in the morning and not very nice about it treated me like I was a dummy and did not like being questioned,I didn't understand the lingo she was throwing around and asked her to explain not happy delaying everyone.Went to see Dr she said baby measures fine no need for glucose test.No need to go back until having baby.Still not a nice experience.

Texas star that sounds rough. Sometimes you just get a battle axe.

My baby is measuring 4 weeks ahead too but as I have already had glucose test they decided just a big baby!

My baby is also measuring ahead. I'm posting from the hospital right now where I'm waiting to have my final blood draw for the 3 hour glucose test.

My baby is also measuring ahead. I'm posting from the hospital right now where I'm waiting to have my final blood draw for the 3 hour glucose test.

Best of luck Novella x

Guess we are all having big babies!

• Advertisement

Having my GTT test Friday because of family history , baby measuring bang on so far but have desperate thirst all the time so might be a sign

je551e wrote: »
    Having my GTT test Friday because of family history , baby measuring bang on so far but have desperate thirst all the time so might be a sign

Not necessarily I thought the same nothing can quench my thirst. But passed no problem.

Kaylami wrote: »
    Not necessarily I thought the same nothing can quench my thirst. But passed no problem.

Really, I am totally exhausted from drinking and going to the toilet.

Crazy how we're all having the GTT! Fingers crossed for good results for everybody.

I have hospital check up this afternoon so I'm hoping glucose test doesn't get mentioned to me!!

Had a rough week last week after a very easy 7 months. Got a sudden fever and vomiting on Monday evening so went to Southdocs who sent me straight into A&E to be assessed. They were questioning a kidney infection/stones or other infection but all tests came back clear so was discharged at 4am! Told it was viral flu/fever and just needed bed rest, fluids and panadol. Spent the whole week unable to get out of bed and having terrible shakes/spasms/cold sweats and fever. Would not wish that on anyone! It seems to have passed now and I'm actually able to function again. I'm hoping that's me finished with any complications and everything else will run smoothly.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I have hospital check up this afternoon so I'm hoping glucose test doesn't get mentioned to me!!

Had a rough week last week after a very easy 7 months. Got a sudden fever and vomiting on Monday evening so went to Southdocs who sent me straight into A&E to be assessed. They were questioning a kidney infection/stones or other infection but all tests came back clear so was discharged at 4am! Told it was viral flu/fever and just needed bed rest, fluids and panadol. Spent the whole week unable to get out of bed and having terrible shakes/spasms/cold sweats and fever. Would not wish that on anyone! It seems to have passed now and I'm actually able to function again. I'm hoping that's me finished with any complications and everything else will run smoothly.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Glad your feeling better! Being sick on top of pregnant really takes it out of you.

I got a vomiting bug a while back and I actually thought I was going to die ( me a drama queen? Never)

Novella hope your test went ok.Kaylami thanks I was so annoyed yesterday,over it today.As for thirst I could easily drink 4lrs of water a day and still crave more,but was told off for making kidneys work to hard so I've cut back.I sit looking at a water tower in my job and I just dream of getting into it and drinking it all.:D

I've just pulled the kitchen apart cleaning and what does the husband do. Come home and leave everything at his arse.

I'll murder him yet....

Don't have gestational diabetes, all four of my blood sugar results came back within the normal range. I am thrilled. (I really love Jelly Tots at the moment, so that's part of the reason! :pac:)

• Advertisement

Novella hope your test went ok.Kaylami thanks I was so annoyed yesterday,over it today.As for thirst I could easily drink 4lrs of water a day and still crave more,but was told off for making kidneys work to hard so I've cut back.I sit looking at a water tower in my job and I just dream of getting into it and drinking it all.:D

I had to cut down on water too , toilet trips got too much.

Advertisement