Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capacitor replacement

Options
  • 27-12-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Folks,

Having an issue with a Toshiba Satellite L300 randomly restarting, looks very much like a known issue with a dodgy capacitor (NEC/TOKIN ) - I can't post links, but badcaps.net or nec-tokin-oe907-problem-toshiba will get you there. Upshot is that a fairly big capacitor needs to be replaced.

Not being in possession of a rework station (or even a soldering iron for that matter), I don't love the prospect of taking on the repair. It's also an oldish laptop, so it would need to be fairly cheap to be cost effective.

Would anyone know of somewhere that could do it? Or fancy it themselves?

*edit* Just to clarify - all I need is the replacement of the capacitor on the board - I'll be doing the strip down and providing the part.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Advertisement