Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris is Burning (1991) documentary.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

It's on Netflix. \o/

So excited to watch this now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

I'm actually quite interested in this thread now.

The manner of my post was a light hearted bit of crack while chilling out on Christmas week. That's the issue on After Hours. Try it sometime. Of course I don't comment on every thread. But then, most threads don't open with the same presumptuous undertones like this one did.

The message conveyed there being - Someone saw a documentary. they liked it, everyone else has to like it too. And then the inevitable follow up - Lets round on anyone who says they're not interested and find an angle to attack them.

Its like a Christmas selection box with bars called Gays, Blacks, Victimisation......

Which one would you like me to pick next to further 'offend' your self constructed pre determined angst.

I may not have much interest in the documentary. But I do have some interest in this thread. At least the OP is getting the turnout he/she was hoping for.

This isn't about the masses trying to kill your individuality, or people attacking you for not liking what they like. This is about you wanting to leave a loaded, dismissive, sneering post and not be responded to in kind. Your post was dismissive of the subject of the movie, not the movie itself. Imagine the response if you tried that in a thread about Schindler's List or say Bloody Sunday!

Anyway, unless you have an actual argument about the movie topic itself, it's probably best to let the thread continue on about the movie rather than disrupt everything with our bickering!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think I'll pass.

Couldn't really give a toss about what some gay black blokes got up to in New York or Paris or wherever 30 years ago.

I'd be more of a Father Ted fan myself but each to their own.

Its not set in Paris.

Advertisement