Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

Of all our minor footballers, after O'Riordan, Quirke is my favorite to watch. Such a skilful player with all the grace of a swan.

Henry has come on an awful lot. Goalman is still lethal...it was a hell of a minor team

Actually I think Fahy and Quirke were underage in 2012 also alongside Fitzelle,Goalman and O'Riordan which would mean all are underage for 15. Quinlivan and Meagher were overage that year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I think the westside column this week is a bit too doom and gloom :

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/westside-column-february-21st-2015/

I think the westside column this week is a bit too doom and gloom :

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/westside-column-february-21st-2015/

To be fair to Westside its very hard to praise that performance and if he said that its only the league and that we'd be ok come championship time he'd look an eejit if it backfired. But i would be prepared to stick my head out and i solemny believe that EOS and co do not see the league as the be all and end all. We were stink in Cork back in 2013 (my god we were stink then), we were putrid v Waterford last year and we were septic v Dublin last Sunday but i would tbink that very few consideed those games on the first Sunday of last September and that very few will consider them later this year unless by chance our year somehow implodes in the early stages of Summer

I notice in recent times there seems to be this siege mentality building up between the players and the rest of the county judging from anecdotes of interactions that several people i know have had with the players which is quite unfortunate. I dont condone amateur athletes receiving personal abuse which Tipperary have sadly fallen on in recent times due to a minority of morons but i fail to understand how players can be so stand offish and abrupt and yet in the next sentance, plea for support and funding for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Actually I think Fahy and Quirke were underage in 2012 also alongside Fitzelle,Goalman and O'Riordan which would mean all are underage for 15. Quinlivan and Meagher were overage that year

Thats correct. All first five are still underage.

Would be great to have them all fit and committed. This would the same minor team in 2012 which won Munster again. Think they lost to Meath in the quarters or semi's

Galway (HL Division 1A v Tipperary) – Colm Callanan; Johnny Coen, John Hanbury, AN Other; Gearoid McInerney, David Collins, Iarlaith Tannian; Joseph Cooney, Andrew Smith; Padraig Brehony, Jonathan Glynn, Dean Higgins; Cathal Mannion, Jason Flynn, James Regan

• Advertisement

I'm not looking for him to praise the performance but more of a balanced analysis of the first game of a league. Everyone knows we've been here before - the only issue is finding players - that's a bone of contention deserving of being developed. Judge League performance when its over - it was bad performance - but I would venture that every team will have one or two terrible performances.

There is a real problem between tipp supporters and players - tipp give terrible performances sometimes - and the fans lose trust but some criticism has been way over the top. People need to realise this very much a HURLING team - not a team of hard nosed winners - that's just the way they are - particularly in the forwards and midfield - maybe even one of half-back line - the very much try to play the game with as much skill as possible and when that meets a defensive and bullish team that can lead to a bad day - and likewise we can give teams a very bad beating...The team is imbalanced and can fluctuate between beautiful hurling and cat stuff...

Tipperary (SH v Galway) – Darren Gleeson (Portroe), Cathal Barrett (Holycross Ballycahill), Paul Curran (Mullinahone), Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty), Michael Breen (Ballina), Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Kieran Bergin (Killenaule), Gearóid Ryan (Templederry Kenyons), Denis Maher (Thurles Sarsfields), Jason Forde (Silvermines), Brendan Maher Capt. (Borris Ileigh), John O’Dwyer (Killenaule), Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch), John McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp hurling team for Sunday- D Gleeson, C Barrett, P Curran, C O'Brien, Breen, P Maher, R Maher,K Bergin, Ryan, D Maher, Forde, B Maher O'Dwyer Callanan, J McGrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Interesting to see haw Breen and Ronan Maher will go,hope they do well,also hope that Dennis Maher and Forde can improve on the last day.
    we're missing a few though,we could struggle against Galway unless there's huge improvement from last week.

Snap!

• Advertisement

I can't see Forde playing center forward even though he is named there...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Best of luck to Thurles cbs in the Harty cup final tomorrow in mallow at 2pm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Where is Niall O'Meara gone for ye lads? Looked like a very bright spark last year.

Where is Niall O'Meara gone for ye lads? Looked like a very bright spark last year.

Had his injury problems last year but i think he may be playing Fitzgibbon at the moment? Really rate Niall myself, he has both skill and workrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Congrats to Thurles cbs on winning the Harty cup!

2:12 - 1:12

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

what school has the most harty cups won?

just looked it up there st.flannans of ennis with 21 quiet impressive any reason why they won that amount?fair play to thurles with 8

St. Flannan's, Ennis 21

As a boarding school they took in hurlers from all over the country... - I think that practice is beginning to change there now - in the interests of producing clare hurlers....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

buggy beag wrote: »
    just looked it up there st.flannans of ennis with 21 quiet impressive any reason why they won that amount?fair play to thurles with 8
    Did you not know Flannans used to be boarding and that's a significant reason why they've been strong and winning so much. They attracted top hurlers from schools across several counties with the boarding. George Hannigan won a Harty Cup or two and there would be countless other Tipperary hurlers who would have attended Flannan's as a boarder

• Advertisement

cheers lads na didnt know never really followed the harty cup until this year so was just wondering

tipp winning at half time any of ye up there.was at a gig in dublin last night so didnt make it back down in time as my woman refused to get the bus at 10 haha how we playing?

Denis Maher off with serious looking shoulder/arm injury

strong enough breeze in it - decent enough fare - League pace....League game ....John McGrath and Bergin playing well - BUbbles on fire... - Brendan Maher giving a decent performance at center forward

Denis Maher off with serious looking shoulder/arm injury

Brendan Gleeson playing well - lovely flicked goal from Seamie

Tipperary 2-16 Galway 0-13

Noelie on for JOhn McGrath

cheers lad

letting galway back in now - all galway - three points in it - cooney in full forward changed everything

Tipperary 2.18
    Galway 0.20

on tg4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Any news on Denis Maher? Just watchin it now on tg4 and he looked in agony..

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    Any news on Denis Maher? Just watchin it now on tg4 and he looked in agony..

Hopefully he is OK because he had a great game up to that. Bergin was an animal today and very solid performances from Michael Breen, John McGrath and Ronan Maher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement