Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

The reason he never played for Cody again was it would have been used as ammo against kk so cody gave him the bullet.
    That night in 2011, I know 2 tipp men who were at that homecoming, tipp men living in kk, and they said the atmosphere that night was very jingoistic and the the biggest roar was for Mulhalls comments and the kk players were roaring just as loud in appreciation.

It was probably the only time kk real feelings were put on public display, and Cody was raging and used good PR to stop the story getting legs.
    But it did happen.

Mulhall was still on the KK panel in 2012. I wouldn't attach too much weight to something he said on the stage or the reaction. He's not known for rational thought. He's regarded as a figure of fun. Any reaction has to be seen in that light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

citykat wrote: »
    Mulhall was still on the KK panel in 2012. I wouldn't attach too much weight to something he said on the stage or the reaction. He's not known for rational thought. He's regarded as a figure of fun. Any reaction has to be seen in that light.

Wise from Cody to keep him on the panel and in that way not attract any media attention!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

sorry to burst the bubble of the conspiracy theorists, but it's fairly obvious why mulhall isn't selected by Cody......HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I guarantee if a richie hogan or a tj reid behaved as mulhall allegedly did they wouldn't be bombed out of the KK panel.

Not all our hurlers are choirboys either but it doesn't interfere with selection..

digzy wrote: »
    sorry to burst the bubble of the conspiracy theorists, but it's fairly obvious why mulhall isn't selected by Cody......HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I guarantee if a richie hogan or a tj reid behaved as mulhall allegedly did they wouldn't be bombed out of the KK panel.

Not all out hurlers are choirboys either but it doesn't interfere with selection..

If there were to be anybody to set higher standards based on a holistic approach to the game it would be Brian Cody.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

your talking about a man who would not even pick his own son because it might be seen negatively.
    I never knew crushing your sons dreams was all part of the holistic approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Congrats to cahir intermediate camogie team on their Munster final win yesterday, great day for the club Munster ladies intermediate double champions camogie/football, best of luck in the intermediate all Ireland football final next weekend. #uptheslash. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭blackcard

Not all our hurlers are choirboys either but it doesn't interfere with selection..

After Mulhall's song at the homecoming, Cody 'joked' that he would be setting a record for the shortest inter-county career. Apparently, Cody never spoke to John Dalton again after he kicked a Dublin player on the ground, he certainly never picked him again. However, he has picked players who a red mist descended on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

your talking about a man who would not even pick his own son because it might be seen negatively.

That wasn't the reason. A lot of KK fans believe that son overachieved and that we're seeing similar with the second lad.

I can understand what you are saying as my dream of playing for Tipperary never came through either!

blackcard wrote: »
    After Mulhall's song at the homecoming, Cody 'joked' that he would be setting a record for the shortest inter-county career. Apparently, Cody never spoke to John Dalton again after he kicked a Dublin player on the ground, he certainly never picked him again. However, he has picked players who a red mist descended on

Look, I've seen enough matches to know that at the highest level there's no 'softys'. They're either naturally tough guys or they develop that way.failing that they're bombed out.
    There's plenty high profile players in all counties who've pulled dirty strokes over the years. Personally I think that paidi mahers wild stroke on Michael rice (or was it Larkin?) that finished his career was a much more serious offence than mulhall singing a song. I'm not suggesting it's only kk lads capable of the dirty stuff.

Every manager no matter what the code will turn a blind eye to certain players conduct to suit their own circumstances. Would Alex Ferguson have given a different player than cantona similar treatment the time he Kung fu kicked that scumbag crystal palace fan. It's easy make an example of a squad player to keep the frontline lads on their toes. Any of us playing at club level have seen it. At our club the coach has made an example of lads who weren't starters regarding beering and stuff but turned a blind eye to the top lads once they delivered on match day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I thought they were showing the football live

Seven Worlds will Collide

I thought they were showing the football live

No not live, deferred.

Half time

Nemo. 0.05 Clonmel Commercials. 0.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

some win for [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Clonmel Commercials - Congrats [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

great win for clonmel cant understand why the hurling was showed first this was always going to be a closer game , to beat nemo is no mean feet think its only there 2nd ever defeat in the munster club championship , is this tipperarys first club football championship?

great win for clonmel cant understand why the hurling was showed first this was always going to be a closer game , to beat nemo is no mean feet think its only there 2nd ever defeat in the munster club championship , is this tipperarys first club football championship?

Can't remember us winning one before. Huge achievement.

Great Win

Final Score........Commercials......1.07................Nemo..........0.09

[font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]MICHAEL QUINLIVAN - with the injury time goal to win it[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well someone has to say it - There won't be a drop of cider made in Clonmel all week!

Seven Worlds will Collide

[font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]MICHAEL QUINLIVAN - with the injury time goal to win it[/font]

He is some assassin. Give him 2-3 years he'll be every bit as good as Diarmuid Connolly

What a win for the Commercials. They didn't give up until that whistle was blown. Hopefully a watershed day for Tipp football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

So who do they play next?

Triboro wrote: »
    So who do they play next?

British champions next month in ruislip. Winner then meets Leinster champions in Feb 2016

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Commercials :D:D:D . . .

From what I hear the game before the Commercials one was rubbish ! Indeed , first Football Club Championship at any level , the rise of Tipp Football continues :D .

the highlights were on there on the news. Would it kill the tg4 camera man to wipe the fúckin lens from time to time? :mad:

Excited commentary

You cant bate local radio for passion. Reminds me of KCLR's commentator two year ago when MLR won Leinster.

Commercials/British Champions v Ballyboden-St Enda's or Portlaoise in semi.

Assuming Commercials negotiate their passage to the semi id imagine if Ballyboden win they will play Commercials in Portlaoise whereas if Portlaoise win id imagine it will be fixed for either Nowlan Park or Dr Cullen Park.

Can't remember us winning one before. Huge achievement.

First club win but hopefully not the last. a good run in this championship for Clonmel might inject some life into the club championship attendance wise. Next year will prove to be interesting with Moyle Rovers, Loughmore, Aherlow, Arravale, perhaps also Kilsheelan with points to prove sharpening their claws for a crack at Commericals

May the good times last long, Well done Commercials, keep that blue and gold flying!

• Advertisement

First club win but hopefully not the last. a good run in this championship for Clonmel might inject some life into the club championship attendance wise. Next year will prove to be interesting with Moyle Rovers, Loughmore, Aherlow, Arravale, perhaps also Kilsheelan with points to prove sharpening their claws for a crack at Commericals

May the good times last long, Well done Commercials, keep that blue and gold flying!

There`s not much between Commercials , Arravale and Moyle Rovers . However Commercials success at Underage , 6 County Under 16`s in a row and going for 6 at Minor as well gives them an edge . I would fear that they could dominate Tipp Senior Football for a long time to come .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement