Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Some Kilkenny or Offaly lad probably started it - they're not the brightest.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I say make two threads - keep it in this forum and in the GAA one. OAOP had that idea...

There is a fair few lads who think I write ****e - this way they can avoid me! :angel:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Why is the 2016 one up and running already ?
    Because there's no point in discussing 2016 in the 2015 thread when there's no county games left to be played in 2015, virtually no club games in 2015 to be played and most discussion is about what tipp will be doing in 2016....

Because there's no point in discussing 2016 in the 2015 thread when there's no county games left to be played in 2015, virtually no club games in 2015 to be played and most discussion is about what tipp will be doing in 2016....

There was a good few club games left to go in the year. Commercials have won a Munster title and the u21 club hurling is still in progress for example.

There will be many changes to the Tipperary hurling panel between this and the championship so there was no real hurry to open the new thread. Sure it could have been discussed here because the call ups, management ratification, etc happened in 2015. The actual games that Tipp will participate in will occur in 2016 so there is plenty of time yet.

There was a good few club games left to go in the year. Commercials have won a Munster title and the u21 club hurling is still in progress for example.

There will be many changes to the Tipperary hurling panel between this and the championship so there was no real hurry to open the new thread. Sure it could have been discussed here because the call ups, management ratification, etc happened in 2015. The actual games that Tipp will participate in will occur in 2016 so there is plenty of time yet.
    There is only a small number of club games to be played and while there will be changes to the tipp squad between now and the championship it doesn't mean there cant be discussions about it.
    Why not simply just use the 2016 thread to discuss what will/may occur in 2016

• Advertisement

Why should anyone be told where to discuss what they want to discuss?

At least, Tipp Gunner democratically asked people where we wanted it set up???

I would ask Tipp Gunner to set it up again where he usually sets it up - as it works.

And, the other one is already set up. So, no harm. People will use what they want to use - it's no harm. People will probably use both - it's of no inconvenience to anyone to have two...

If anyone wants to ignore or use either/or let them have at it...

I would ask Tipp Gunner to set it up again where he usually sets it up - as it works.

And, the other one is already set up. So, no harm. People will use what they want to use - it's no harm. People will probably use both - it's of no inconvenience to anyone to have two...

:pac:.. Don't be a complete hypocrite and criticise me for opening a thread on 2016 and then go on to say TG should create one because he sets it up...
    Just because TG has started the thread in previous years doesn't mean he has to start the thread every year
    There is no reason why the thread I created wont work....

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Xenophile wrote: »
    Because next year is a Leap year. :)

You can get your coat :D . . .

Since late October.

A lot of games played since then up until now also !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As I am not in Ireland at present, I watched the game today in Spain, on the internet and I must give credit to the professional camera work of the camera men and technicians etc. with many well timed action replays. TG4 please take note.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

:pac:.. Don't be a complete hypocrite and criticise me for opening a thread on 2016 and then go on to say TG should create one because he sets it up...
    Just because TG has started the thread in previous years doesn't mean he has to start the thread every year
    There is no reason why the thread I created wont work....
    I didn't criticize you for anything? Where did I do that? I merely stated that TG asked everyone...

Also, I said there is room for two. Is there not?

You have shifted it into a different forum without asking anyone - which is your entitlement. But, people are also allowed to set up another if they wish or keep the same one going where it was. Yes?

No one said yours will not work. It will, and so will TG's thread. Everyone's hapy - I'm hoping that TG keeps his going in the Tipp forum. Quality, not quantity I say!

It is my understanding that Liam Kearns the incoming Manager of the Tipperary Football team was not at the game in Ruislip. This in spite of the fact that his huge reputed fee has now been confirmed.

Hard to believe when one considers that Clonmel Commercials could easily provide the back bone of the 2016 Senior Football team.

Roll on the day when Charlie McGeever is appointed Manager.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

Tipp were always going to find promotion hard fought But what makes it worse is having a manager who knows he was no where near first choice and a panel of players who know the same. You factor the coin hes getting and the last time he managed at inter county level and it equates to a CB who had run out of options and were trying to save face after the next manager will be a show of intent statement. I am still baffled by the whole thing.

Tipp were always going to find promotion hard fought But what makes it worse is having a manager who knows he was no where near first choice and a panel of players who know the same. You factor the coin hes getting and the last time he managed at inter county level and it equates to a CB who had run out of options and were trying to save face after the next manager will be a show of intent statement. I am still baffled by the whole thing.

McGeever would have a special rapport with players from the South and with the Commercial players in particular!

I didn't criticize you for anything? Where did I do that? I merely stated that TG asked everyone...

You have shifted it into a different forum without asking anyone - which is your entitlement. But, people are also allowed to set up another if they wish or keep the same one going where it was. Yes?

No one said yours will not work. It will, and so will TG's thread. Everyone's hapy - I'm hoping that TG keeps his going in the Tipp forum. Quality, not quantity I say!
    The below is clear criticism.....
    "At least, Tipp Gunner democratically asked people where we wanted it set up???"
    How have I shifted anything into a different forum. I created the thread in this forum where it always is.
    I created the 2016 thread in the Tipperary forum.
    It is my understanding that Liam Kearns the incoming Manager of the Tipperary Football team was not at the game in Ruislip. This in spite of the fact that his huge reputed fee has now been confirmed.

Hard to believe when one considers that Clonmel Commercials could easily provide the back bone of the 2016 Senior Football team.

I don't see how Kearns not being at the game means anything bad for his management reign. How does it? Clonmel may provide back bone of the county side but Kearns not being in charge doesn't mean he wont see the game, have footage of the game, get reports on the players he needs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

McGeever would have a special rapport with players from the South

What the fcuk are you on about....have you evidence of this or just further ramblings

I'd like to think the manager would pick the best players as opposed to ones with whom he'd have an alleged 'rapport'. I don't care whether they're from carrick on suir, aherlow, lorrha or templederry.

I seriously doubt Mc Geever sits down before picking his tipp teams thinking 'i don't like those northern, western or mid crowd, just southsiders for me':rolleyes:

I cant believe fellas are arguing over whether there's one forum or two or where a forum sits:rolleyes:

obviously, anyone posting here (myself included) have little to be doing but getting into a 'barney' over something sooooo silly..........jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

digzy wrote: »
    What the fcuk are you on about....have you evidence of this or just further ramblings

I'd like to think the manager would pick the best players as opposed to ones with whom he'd have an alleged 'rapport'. I don't care whether they're from carrick on suir, aherlow, lorrha or templederry.

I seriously doubt Mc Geever sits down before picking his tipp teams thinking 'i don't like those northern, western or mid crowd, just southsiders for me':rolleyes:

South Tipp has been more football inclined, and has been taken a little more seriously than the north of the county, it would make sense that there are more players flowing through the ranks. Not saying that there arent good players from north tipp cause there are, the setup just isnt conducive for footballers making the bridge from underage to senior level. Case in point 2 senior clubs who are a mishmash of about 5.

digzy wrote: »

I cant believe fellas are arguing over whether there's one forum or two or where a forum sits:rolleyes:

obviously, anyone posting here (myself included) have little to be doing but getting into a 'barney' over something sooooo silly..........jesus wept.
    What barney? I didn't ask you for an opinion on a discussion with someone else... - you're the gatekeeper of opinion? Go away and enjoy your life like a good man!

He has been at a lot of games , Munster , County Final etc , at this stage I reckon he has seen what he can work with . When he was first appointed unofficially about 2 Months ago , who would have seen Commercials winning Munster ? Tipp will probably be missing the Commercials Players at the start of the League campaign anyway .

McGeever is a good Manager but lets give Kearns a chance ! Oh and remember McGeever didn`t want the job and doesn`t want to be involved with Tipp at any level next year as he is f@cked after having a tough year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This in spite of the fact that his huge reputed fee has now been confirmed.

How much we talking?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What barney? I didn't ask you for an opinion on a discussion with someone else... - you're the gatekeeper of opinion? Go away and enjoy your life like a good man!

Sure open up a third thread.

You wanna have a discussion with someone else pm them.....you're having a discussion on a forum don't have a period when people post:eek:

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    How much we talking?

I wouldn't hold your breath.....

How much we talking?

100+

100+

Huh? Spill the beans

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Huh? Spill the beans

Here you go in code
    A=50
    T=110+E

I heard this through reliable sources.

Here you go in code
    A=50
    T=110+E

I heard this through reliable sources.

Ah thanks, that makes sense now..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah thanks, that makes sense now..

The people in the know are keeping quiet, and they are not going to put in writing on the Internet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Does that mean you rate or don't rate him?

No opinion of him just that if feels like he is on an extended panel at the start of each year and rarely seems to make the final cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Tipperary v offaly january 10th 2016 in templemore at 2pm.let the games begin.mon da premier.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement