Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

I'm thinking Bubbles may have picked that ball for the first goal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

It was bobbling along the ground - but, Bubbles was lucky not to be sent off

It was bobbling along the ground - but, Bubbles was lucky not to be sent off

Indeed he was very fortunate to have stayed on. The ball wasnt bobbling that high and if it was 'off the ground' it would have been sitting in a daisy cup.

That's all it takes!

That's all it takes!

I think it was a very very poor call by the ref tbh.

It could well work against us at some stage and at a time we dont want it too. Personally as a ref if i seen a ball that low on the ground there is no way i could be certain that it was taken when the ball was off the ground and therefore 'if in doubt, rule it out' would apply in such an instance. I couldnt believe it was allowed.

Bubbles to his credit was dead right, play to the whistle.

• Advertisement

TV can be deceptive - plenty of umpires - and there was no reaction from the galway lads - looked to be clearly bobbling to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brendan Gleeson playing well - lovely flicked goal from Seamie

Tipperary 2-16 Galway 0-13

Noelie on for JOhn McGrath
    That Brendan Gleeson is a great man,acting in films,hurling on Sundays;):)

tippspur wrote: »
    That Brendan Gleeson is a great man,acting in films,hurling on Sundays;):)

For a heavy middle aged bloke he is doing well :pac: Wonder will Brian and Domhnall join up with the panel also? :p

ahhahaha woooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A Guard, a priest, the general, killing giant crocodiles, and playing hurling in goals for Tipp - UNRAAAAALE LAD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised EOS hasn't used the league to find ourselves a new full back. Think we need to be trying out a few more of the younger lads. Don't think brendan Maher was that effective at wing forward, think he needs to move back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

In fairness, there has only been two games... - I'd say he's happy with Barry at full-back -who is injured at the moment - Surely, the Brendan experiment will need a full league and maybe a championship game before it is to be judged?

O'Shea has said:

He said that preparations were likely to get somewhat easier now that the Fitzgibbon Cup was nearly at an end, and players could concentrate on inter-county commitments.
    “We have 12 players on Fitzgibbon duty, so on any given night I’d have only 18 players. So it makes life a little easier from now on, because we’ve a full panel.”

Two league points, then, for Tipp but O’Shea offered a closing observation on where things are at.
    “We’ll see. We’ll have to wait until the ball speeds up a bit to see. Make no judgments until the ball speeds up. Then make all the judgments you want,” he concluded.

Looks like a dislocated shoulder for Denis Maher

http://m.hoganstand.com/Home/Details/232499

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

ya didnt seem much in it either

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tipperary Team v Fermanagh on Sunday :

Evan Comerford
    Alan Campbell
    Paddy Codd (C)
    Andrew Morrissey
    Seamus Kennedy
    Peter Acheson
    Robbie Kiely
    Colin O`Riordan
    Stephen O`Brien
    George Hannigan
    Barry Grogan
    Philip Austin
    Conor Sweeney
    Michael Quinlivan
    Ian Fahey .

Seat on the Bus booked , should be a good day out !

What do you think of the repositioning of Hannigan, O'Riordan, Acheson and Grogan?

Acheson is good at breaking up attacks and getting the ball up to our Forwards quickly . Grogan drops back , helps out the Half back line and links up with the Forwards , was brilliant v Limerick . Midfield is O`Riordans Position , great fielding and support for the Forwards . Hannigan , I don`t rate , had 1 or 2 good games last year in Division 4 but overall not impressed with him , as for repositioning , we have 2 quality Midfielders , when Fox comes back would sooner see Philip Austin start than George . Must find out on Sunday what`s the story with Alan Moloney who I would see in there ahead of him as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Acheson is good at breaking up attacks and getting the ball up to our Forwards quickly. Grogan drops back, helps out the Half back line and links up with the Forwards, was brilliant v Limerick. Midfield is O`Riordans Position, great fielding and support for the Forwards. Hannigan, I don`t rate, had 1 or 2 good games last year in Division 4 but overall not impressed with him, as for repositioning, we have 2 quality Midfielders, when Fox comes back would sooner see Philip Austin start than George. Must find out on Sunday what`s the story with Alan Moloney who I would see in there ahead of him as well.
    Why all the spaces between commas, full stops etc..
    What don't you rate about Hannigan? He's been a mainstay of team for several years for good reason.

Evan Comerford
    Alan Campbell
    Paddy Codd (C)
    Andrew Morrissey
    Seamus Kennedy
    Peter Acheson
    Robbie Kiely
    Colin O`Riordan
    Stephen O`Brien
    George Hannigan
    Barry Grogan
    Philip Austin
    Conor Sweeney
    Michael Quinlivan
    Ian Fahey .

Fair play to you for all the loyal support that you give to the footballers. Your a top Tipperary man and a credit to the county

• Advertisement

What don't you rate about Hannigan? He's been a mainstay of team for several years for good reason.

When you see what Tipperary have to aspire to and measure up to though in fairness you just couldnt compare GH as likeable and honest as he is with the likes of Michael Daragh McCauley, Sean Kavanagh, Aidan Walsh, Aidan O'Shea, or even the likes of Brendan Murphy from Carlow. He is a good workhorse but probably not a starter. If we are aspiring to be a top football county we need guys of that calibre in the middle. Unfortunately sentiment may have to step aside at some stage.

Are you an Admin on Boards , if you are please point out exactly what is the problem with the spaces , if not , I don`t have to explain myself to you ?

Tipp Gunner sums it up very well . He is a trier and a sound lad but he`s not of the standard required if we are to compete at the top level ! Do you attend Tipp Football games regularly and are you defending him on what you are seeing or is it just the fact he has been around for a while ?

Are you an Admin on Boards, if you are please point out exactly what is the problem with the spaces , if not, I don`t have to explain myself to you?

Tipp Gunner sums it up very well. He is a trier and a sound lad but he`s not of the standard required if we are to compete at the top level! Do you attend Tipp Football games regularly and are you defending him on what you are seeing or is it just the fact he has been around for a while?
    :rolleyes: No im not a mod just a simple query
    How is he not of the standard required when he has been ahead of all others for so long and has been a better performer than most in his time in the set up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Acheson is good at breaking up attacks and getting the ball up to our Forwards quickly . Grogan drops back , helps out the Half back line and links up with the Forwards , was brilliant v Limerick . Midfield is O`Riordans Position , great fielding and support for the Forwards . Hannigan , I don`t rate , had 1 or 2 good games last year in Division 4 but overall not impressed with him , as for repositioning , we have 2 quality Midfielders , when Fox comes back would sooner see Philip Austin start than George . Must find out on Sunday what`s the story with Alan Moloney who I would see in there ahead of him as well .

Alan Moloney is great in the corner, is he injured at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Evan Comerford
    Alan Campbell
    Paddy Codd (C)
    Andrew Morrissey
    Seamus Kennedy
    Peter Acheson
    Robbie Kiely
    Colin O`Riordan
    Stephen O`Brien
    George Hannigan
    Barry Grogan
    Philip Austin
    Conor Sweeney
    Michael Quinlivan
    Ian Fahey .

Is that a supporters bus or the team bus Spirit?
    Wouldn't mind heading up myself if there is space on a supporters bus going from the south Tipp area

Paddico wrote: »
    Is that a supporters bus or the team bus Spirit?
    Wouldn't mind heading up myself if there is space on a supporters bus going from the south Tipp area

Bus is leaving Cahir @ 8.30 , ring Hugh Coghlan Senior on 0879877355 to book a seat .

:rolleyes: No im not a mod just a simple query
    How is he not of the standard required when he has been ahead of all others for so long and has been a better performer than most in his time in the set up

Once again , have you seen many Tipp games ?

The Tipp Team has improved a lot over the last couple of years , thanks to the Underage set up . If you went to see them regularly you can see that O`Riordan , O`Brien , Foxy and Austin are better Players than George , it`s thanks to these lads we are competitive in this Division and if we go up to Division 2 we will be competitive there and hold our own unlike the last time . To sum up , he might have been good enough before but we have better now and as you see it`s not just me that has that view .

And as for " been a better performer than most in his time in the set up" :eek: . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

n.

Time of the month again? Relax. It's only an anonymous Internet forum ;)

Once again, have you seen many Tipp games?

The Tipp Team has improved a lot over the last couple of years, thanks to the Underage set up. If you went to see them regularly you can see that O`Riordan, O`Brien, Foxy and Austin are better Players than George, it`s thanks to these lads we are competitive in this Division and if we go up to Division 2 we will be competitive there and hold our own unlike the last time. To sum up, he might have been good enough before but we have better now and as you see it`s not just me that has that view.

And as for "been a better performer than most in his time in the set up" :eek: ..
    Its been a while since ive seen league games but while of course the improvements at underage have began to be seen at senior that's a given. GH has been central to the improvements as well and to dismiss his contributions is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Its been a while since ive seen league games but while of course the improvements at underage have began to be seen at senior that's a given. GH has been central to the improvements as well and to dismiss his contributions is ridiculous.

What`s ridiculous is to state he`s "been a better performer than most in his time in the set up" . And as for "been central to the improvements" :D:D:D , how exactly , is he coaching the side . It`been a while since you seen them alright :D .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement