Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Yeah, I know - it says it in the article - he's a young guy though - he's hardly manager....and he is from Kilkenny - that makes it strange

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Very true. Didnt we also draw with them up in Newry in the league in 2010 iirc?

Down went on to knock out Kerry that same year and we beat a decent Laois team in Thurles after giving Kerry a hell of a fright.

Wasn`t a bad effort in Division 2 that year very unlucky , drew with them , lost to Donegal by a point , beat Meath and only got 1 really bad result v Kildare .

Wasn`t a bad effort in Division 2 that year very unlucky , drew with them , lost to Donegal by a point , beat Meath and only got 1 really bad result v Kildare .

I could never understand why we didn't lob the ball in and go for the goal from the last min gainst Donegal that night. We had nothing to lose at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Folks I was wondering where I could get a dvd of the 2010 All-Ireland final. It would make an old man very happy.. Hopefully the championship this year will make him even happier but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Yeah, I know - it says it in the article - he's a young guy though - he's hardly manager....and he is from Kilkenny - that makes it strange

He's part of their elect panel that tests product and given the fact that he's an employee it was probably mentioned in conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Did you try ebay or done deal?many if you rang the tipp shop in thurles they might have it or set you on the right road

9 Tipp started between the two teams. Wit had Tossy Hamill, Liam McGrath and Tom Fox

UL had John McGrath, Stapleton, Daire Quinn, Tommy Heffernan, Forde, and Paul Maher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Saw a pic of the new Tipp jersey tonight,not impressed I have to say.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Saw a pic of the new Tipp jersey tonight,not impressed I have to say.

Ill be buying. I like it. I suppose i quite like the intersport branding too being honest. Although ill admit the red in Intersport is slightly at odds with our colourway similar to the way it is with Olympique Marseilles

Anyone have a link with the picture of the new jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sneak preview!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cheers jeez duno what to make of it il have to see it in my hands before i make a proper judgement.how come they went away from the old crests used to love the old crest bought myself the finches jersey on ebay coupla weeks ago love that jeresey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hmm, first impression I like the jersey. I'd like to see more of the neck and the red is a clash. But the blue, white and yellow combo is gorgeous to me.

I am annoyed though, I only got last year's/this year's jersey as a present and now it has been rendered obsolete. Sponsor changes, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Tipp u-21 footballers will play Clare in the Munster semi.
    Gave Waterford an awful hiding last night.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/malone-double-downs-dismal-deise-31060258.html

Nice to see Limerick putting it up to Cork too in the other semi.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/fivestar-rebels-survive-scare-31060257.html

The red represents Pauric Maher's blood loss!

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Paddico wrote: »
    Tipp u-21 footballers will play Clare in the Munster semi.
    Gave Waterford an awful hiding last night.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/malone-double-downs-dismal-deise-31060258.html

Nice to see Limerick putting it up to Cork too in the other semi.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/fivestar-rebels-survive-scare-31060257.html

Following Jerome O`Connell last night on Twitter and according to him Limerick were the better Team , gave away soft goals though . Expect us to beat Clare and to meet Kerry in the Final .

buggy beag wrote: »
    Cheers jeez duno what to make of it il have to see it in my hands before i make a proper judgement.how come they went away from the old crests used to love the old crest bought myself the finches jersey on ebay coupla weeks ago love that jeresey

The Ormond crest was abolished for the Rock of Cashel crest back in 2000 as County boards moved towards a model where they could copyright the crest and market each county. The previous crest was the North Tipp coat of arms

I have a retro Tipp tracktop from oneills that I got a few years ago with the Ormond crest although o'neills missed a trick not using the retro style O'Neills logo

Cheers gunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

GerB40 wrote: »
    Folks I was wondering where I could get a dvd of the 2010 All-Ireland final. It would make an old man very happy.. Hopefully the championship this year will make him even happier but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Might be a long shot but it might be worth trying Golden Discs - I got a copy of it there a few years ago.
    I googled it and came across this website, never used it so cannot recommend it either way:

http://www.dvdsales.ie/shop/all_ireland_hurling_final_2010_tipperary_v_kilkenny.417.7.10557.sports.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Gee ! we just did not break enough speed limits in the Skodas. Give us back our Skoda jerseys and we will motor on :cool::) pedal to the metal.

The footballers deserved a few new motors!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp Hurling team for Sunday.

Gleeson,C Barrett,C O'Mahony,C O'Brien, Breen, P Mahe,r R Maher,K Bergin,J Woodlock, J O'Dwyer, B Maher,J Forde, N McGrath,S Callanan, J McGrath.
    Hon the Premier.

I don't like the balance of that forward 6 - hope they prove me wrong...

Kilkenny

1. Eoin Murphy
    2. Shane Prendergast
    3. Paul Murphy
    4. Jackie Tyrrell
    5. Brian Kennedy
    6. Kieran Joyce
    7. Cillian Buckley
    8. Mark Kelly
    9. Lester Ryan
    10. Walter Walsh
    11. Richie Hogan
    12. Mathew Ruth
    13. Jonjo Farrell
    14. John Power
    15. Ger Aylward

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I don't like the balance of that forward 6 - hope they prove me wrong...
    What do you see as unbalanced about the forwards?

Too many stick men and inexperienced players - Forde, Noelie, Seamie, - JOhn McGrath is inexperienced at this level - but it's right that he is getting this experience - Brendan is still an experiment at center but it will be a real test for him so we'll find out a lot about him at center-forward. Seamie is adept in the last year at winning and converting his own ball but he'll have his hands full with Paul MuRPHY. It'll be a lot different than playing Clare...

I suppose I would have liked to have seen Niall O'Meara get a run out - more of a ball winner. Would have been nice if Bonner and Denis Maher were available. We need to find out more about Denis Maher...

I guess we'll find out a bit about Forde and John McGrath - not that they should be totally judged on Sunday.

I'd like to see John Meagher get a run at some stage also (not in the forwards )- I think he has enough hurling in him to play anywhere and be a real thorn

• Advertisement

Too many stick men and inexperienced players - Forde, Noelie, Seamie, - JOhn McGrath is inexperienced at this level - but it's right that he is getting this experience - Brendan is still an experiment at center but it will be a real test for him so we'll find out a lot about him at center-forward. Seamie is adept in the last year at winning and converting his own ball but he'll have his hands full with Paul MuRPHY. It'll be a lot different than playing Clare...

I suppose I would have liked to have seen Niall O'Meara get a run out - more of a ball winner. Would have been nice if Bonner and Denis Maher were available. We need to find out more about Denis Maher...

I guess we'll find out a bit about Forde and John McGrath - not that they should be totally judged on Sunday.

I'd like to see John Meagher get a run at some stage also (not in the forwards )- I think he has enough hurling in him to play anywhere and be a real thorn

Denis Maher dislocated his shoulder against Galway. To be honest the league is for trying out new lads so I'm optimistic we'll answer the questions Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement