Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

for me the league is all about finding out about new lads - the pre-league tournaments are woeful. It's the only way to give experience. We wouldn't have seen much from john mcgrath only for the league.

I know Denis is injured...it's a pity - but we still need to see more from him - stamina, speed and a qaulity opponent at this level are still question marks over him .... for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Will the footballers be first to wear the new jersey tomorrow? They deserve a bit of priority for once!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Will the footballers be first to wear the new jersey tomorrow? They deserve a bit of priority for once!

Both games commence the same time tomorrow. So both will wear the new jerseys simultaneously. Footballers are in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »

I can't believe there's so much talk of our jersey. It's basically a blue jersey with a gold /yellow hoop, same as it's been for decades.

I'm fairly sure it's not gonna influence us that much.

Anyone over 25 wearing a county jersey needs a boot up the hole inho.;)

digzy wrote: »
    I can't believe there's so much talk of our jersey. It's basically a blue jersey with a gold /yellow hoop, same as it's been for decades.

Can't see why people are so sensitive about people wearing jerseys either. If I was an intercounty player I would be delighted to see colour in the stands. Plus it's revenue for the county

Plus the band only goes 100 percent around the shirt for the first time since 2004 so your wrong ;)

• Advertisement

Both games commence the same time tomorrow. So both will wear the new jerseys simultaneously. Footballers are in Drogheda

Thanks Tipp Gunner

So tomorrows questions are

Which team scored first in the New Jersey?

Which team were first to win in the New Jersey?

Shur it's only a bit of Inter Sport!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

digzy wrote: »

What an ageist comment to make, hardly believe that I am reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Can't see why people are so sensitive about people wearing jerseys either. If I was an intercounty player I would be delighted to see colour in the stands. Plus it's revenue for the county

Plus the band only goes 100 percent around the shirt for the first time since 2004 so your wrong ;)

That attitude prevades here in KK as well. I'm over 25 and I take great pride in wearing the county colours. Some friends of mine who never pulled on a county jersey (on active duty!) do though feel awkward about wearing a county jersey and I think that's where the attitude comes from.

I agree with you 100%. The players love seeing colour in the stand esp in our case when we're generally in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone know if the match is being televised and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the match is being televised and where?

There's deferred coverage on tg4, not sure about gaago.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Do you honestly think I give a sh1t about the hoop on the jersey:rolleyes:
    I really don't get people wearing them. Fair enough if you're young but looking at fellas in their 40s wearing these things with their bellies protruding....

It's even worse abroad. Fellas wearing these things thinking they're the height of fashion. To be fair it beats fellas wearing soccer jerseys from places they've never even been to.

citykat wrote: »
    That attitude prevades here in KK as well. I'm over 25 and I take great pride in wearing the county colours. Some friends of mine who never pulled on a county jersey (on active duty!) do though feel awkward about wearing a county jersey and I think that's where the attitude comes from.

I agree with you 100%. The players love seeing colour in the stand esp in our case when we're generally in the minority.

In my limited enough experience of seeing ex inter county players at matches I've never seen one of them wearing an actual county jersey. It's nice for the kids to wear them but if you're to old to play for your county, you're too old wearing the jersey inho!

There's a certain social cohort wear jerseys at games....I'll leave it there.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    There's deferred coverage on tg4, not sure about gaago.

You'd imagine the gaa should have avoided the repeat of last years all Ireland in both codes from clashing. Strange one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Terrible that the tipp v kilkenny game isn't live on tg4. I mean who wants to watch donegal play bogball. I suppose they have their gaeltacht areas.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Two changes to the Tipp team named on Friday: Paul Curran and Niall O'Meara start in place of Conor O'Brien and John McGrath

Tipp Team v KK-Gleeson;Barrett,Mahony,Curran; Breen,P.Maher,R.Maher;Bergin,Woodie;Bubbles,Maher,Forde;Noel,Callanan,N.O'Meara

Paddy Stapleton and David Butler added to the subs bench; Patrick Maher will not feature

Tipperary 1-16 Kilkenny 1-09

Maher is hurling well - Richie Hogan drifting off Maher to good effect though

Breen is putting up his hand as a man who wants to play championship big time...

Kilkenny penalty saved

louth 1-10 - 3-11 Tipperary

• Advertisement

a lot of lads getting stuck into each other now

Tipperary 2-18 Kilkenny 1-10 - O'Meara goal

Louth 2-11 Tipperary 4-12