Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

Ompala wrote: »
    Lads what are your thoughts on full back? Haven't seen Barry play at all there in the league, is he injured?
    Thought Breen would be brought in to play there but he is doing serious hurling out on the wing.
    Would love to see John Meagher played there, a fantastic hurler who is probably the most unlucky player with injuries.

Barry is out until April AFAIK and Cahill is also long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Barry is out until April AFAIK and Cahill is also long term.

Barry played club last weekend Mickey will be back in next 3 weeks.

digzy wrote: »
    No I wouldn't be criticising them if they won by a point. have you any proof for that or just throwing mud for the sake of it...wont hold my breath for your response.

Perhaps you've issues understanding my post so i'll spell it out for ya..
    We've been edged out by kk on numerous games in the recent past. If yesterdays game had more of their first team players involved it would've been a closer game. If we edged them out in a battle I think it would have given our lads a nice psychological boost. As it happens, they were missing a few top players, we hammered them, not our fault. Our lads wont be getting much from it. The win over Clare last week would give lads a bigger boost, especially Mc Grath.

stick on tv tomorrow. there's a few lads from the kk panel involved i believe...
    a few all irelands amongst a few of them too ;)
    I haven't seen enough from our panel to say they're better than Kilkenny's. Would be delighted if we had.

for all the talk of kk retirements they really only lost jj from their starting 15.

Both teams were missing about the same starters. Tipp were missing Saint Barry Shane Mc Bonner Lar from last years starting team. Tbh whilst beating Clare is always nice Kilkenny game was the must win game this league and the lads laid down a marker. Not sure how you haven't seem enough of our panel this year considering a number of new players have been introduced to the starting line up Ronan Maher Breen Bill O Meara and John Mc Grath to name 4....

KK missing half their team so has to be seen in that light

Who were the 7/8 players they were missing?

• Advertisement

Barry played club last weekend Mickey will be back in next 3 weeks.

Good to hear. Jesus ive actually just realised time has flown since January when they were initally given their prognosis

Who were the 7/8 players they were missing?

Eoin Larkin, Colin and Michael Fennelly, Padraic Walsh, Richie Power, TJ Reid, Joey Holden, old you know who himself (HS) and i suppose you could add Michael Rice to that list. And then throw in the retirees on top of that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Both teams were missing about the same starters. Tipp were missing Saint Barry Shane Mc Bonner Lar from last years starting team. Tbh whilst beating Clare is always nice Kilkenny game was the must win game this league and the lads laid down a marker. Not sure how you haven't seem enough of our panel this year considering a number of new players have been introduced to the starting line up Ronan Maher Breen Bill O Meara and John Mc Grath to name 4....

In championship!

I really dunno what your agenda is. I'm delighted we won. If we won only one league game, that was the one to win. I just think that a closer game where we came out the right side of a battle like our last few games would have given us a greater morale boost heading into the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Coleman Kennedy is studying in the USA and also playing soccer with one of the local clubs there.

Is he on a soccer scholarship there? What's he studying?
    That goal he scored in the all Ireland is YouTube gold

This has all been covered on the last few pages - i posted both sets of teams from the all ireland last year and the game sunday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Sorry, I do not have any more info than I posted, got this piece from someone who is close to his father's business, i.e. Kennedy Motors, Clonmel.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Eoin Larkin, Colin and Michael Fennelly, Padraic Walsh, Richie Power, TJ Reid, Joey Holden, old you know who himself (HS) and i suppose you could add Michael Rice to that list. And then throw in the retirees on top of that
    You can add Conor Fogarty to that list

Charlie69 wrote: »
    You can add Conor Fogarty to that list

Indeed a Lad who does so much covering it goes unnoticed

Tipperary U21 team:
    1. ​Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    2. Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    3. Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule)
    4. Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan)
    5. Colin O’Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens)
    6. Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers)
    7. Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    8. Liam Casey (Cahir)
    9. Steven O’Brien (Ballina)
    10. Paul Shanahan (Upperchurch Drombane)
    11. Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    12. Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials)
    13. Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    14. John McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    15. Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Great to see two great dual players line out for the under 21's footballers tonight in Semple Stadium.

With the hurlers having already done the main business I will be looking forward to seeing John McGrath's performance tonight and also that of the captain Colin O'Riordan, both two great dual players.

Bill Maher will also come in for close scrutiny as I am sure he will also feature later in the year with the under 21 hurlers.

The best of luck to everyone on the team.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Xenophile wrote: »
    Great to see two great dual players line out for the under 21's footballers tonight in Semple Stadium.

With the hurlers having already done the main business I will be looking forward to seeing John McGrath's performance tonight and also that of the captain Colin O'Riordan, both two great dual players.

Bill Maher will also come in for close scrutiny as I am sure he will also feature later in the year with the under 21 hurlers.

The best of luck to everyone on the team.

Yeah best of luck to the Premier boys tonight. This could be a big year for this team

Jason Lonergan has turned into a fine player. 5 points tonight

Granted he is probably overage for this team but where did TJ Ryan from Rockwell go to? Looked an unnatural talent at minor. Had a bad injury though at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Granted he is probably overage for this team but where did TJ Ryan from Rockwell go to? Looked an unnatural talent at minor. Had a bad injury though at one stage.

I think he's underage this year. Almost certain he played minor in 2012. As to where he is? I don't know.

• Advertisement

The same can be said of these players. All very talented and all minors in 2012.
    Anyone know where they are these days?

Greg Henry (Killenaule)
    Philip Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    Dylan Fitzelle (Cashel King Cormacs) Capt of the minors in 2012

Paddico wrote: »
    The same can be said of these players. All very talented and all minors in 2012.
    Anyone know where they are these days?

Greg Henry (Killenaule)
    Philip Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    Dylan Fitzelle (Cashel King Cormacs) Capt of the minors in 2012

Quirke has been dogged with injuries the last few years which is very unfortunate. He'd be a huge asset to the seniors. Fitzelle is not on the best of terms with Cashel KC i believe but then again its hard to keep motivated when the club are gone so poor. Henry was playing with Cork City but returned last year (and was quite good too). Not sure where he is this year. Did he get an LOI contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Was the tipp team named last night for sunday does anybody know?

Henry was playing with Cork City but returned last year (and was quite good too). Not sure where he is this year. Did he get an LOI contract?

Not listed on their club website anyway. I thought he got released last year along with Colman

Tonight

Cork looking to put THAT semi to bed - strongest 15 out

CORK

1. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
    2. Shane O’Neill (Bishopstown)
    3. Stephen McDonnell (Glen Rovers)
    4. Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarr’s)
    5. Lorcán McLoughlin (Kanturk)
    6. Mark Ellis (Millstreet)
    7. Cormac Murphy (Mallow)
    8. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfields)
    9. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
    10. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
    11. Seamus Harnedy (St.Ita’s)
    12. Rob O’Shea (Carrigaline)
    13. Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
    14. Luke O’Farrell (Midleton)
    15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
    Subs
    16. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
    17. William Kearney (Sarsfields)
    18. Conor O’Sullivan (Sarsfields)
    19. Killian Burke (Midleton)
    20. Andy Walsh (Killeagh)
    21. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr)
    22. Stephen Moylan (Douglas)
    23. Paudie O’Sullivan (Cloyne)
    24. Anthony Spillane (Castlelyons)
    25. Darren McCarthy (Ballymartle)
    26. Bill Cooper (Youghal)

buggy beag wrote: »
    Was the tipp team named last night for sunday does anybody know?

No I think they train Friday night these times. So it will be named after tonight's training i assume. A nice experimental side similar to the team that played Waterford in Clonmel would be nice

Paddico wrote: »
    Not listed on their club website anyway. I thought he got released last year along with Colman

Was terrific for the u21s last year. I can only assume he's on our panel if he is available or is injured at least. Evan Comerford back from his exile I see

The Tipperary Senior Hurling Team to play Cork in Round 5 of the Allianz Hurling League Sunday @2pm in Pairc Ui Rinn is...
    1 D Egan
    2 P Stapelton
    3 C O Mahony
    4 C O Brien
    5 C Barrett
    6 P Maher
    7 K Bergin
    8 S McGrath
    9 T Stapelton
    10 N McGrath
    11 B Maher
    12 J Forde
    13 J O Dwyer
    14 S Callanan
    15 N O Meara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As far as I know he's not. Chose to do compulsory college year abroad there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement