Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Best wishes To the girls of cdi cahir today in the senior A football final, hopefully bring it home this year after losing the final last year.... Best of luck.

The Tipperary Senior Hurling Team to play Cork in Round 5 of the Allianz Hurling League Sunday @2pm in Pairc Ui Rinn is...
    1 D Egan
    2 P Stapelton
    3 C O Mahony
    4 C O Brien
    5 C Barrett
    6 P Maher
    7 K Bergin
    8 S McGrath
    9 T Stapelton
    10 N McGrath
    11 B Maher
    12 J Forde
    13 J O Dwyer
    14 S Callanan
    15 N O Meara.

I'd have liked for Breen to started to keep his momentum going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

We've had a few changes before throw-in last few games - it might happen again - maybe, he picked up a knock - maybe he wants to rest him before the quarters...

Naming Barrett at wing back is interesting - good to see the Saint back - he's really trying a lot of combos at midfield too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, worth a watch:

Laochra Gael - Brendan Cummins (with English subtitles!)

http://www.tg4.tv/play.php?pid=4115024287001&title=Brendan%20Cummins&series=Laochra%20Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Down in pairc ui rinn mon da premier

• Advertisement

Tipperary team bus has yet to arrive, delayed in traffic. Throw in likely to be put back

One change to the Tipperary team, Ronan Maher starts in place of Cathal Barrett

There out on the field now so hopfully go ahead on time

Cork 15 tipp 13 half time

As it stands, Tipperary would be playing Offaly in a hurling league quarter final
    -

very open game - lacking a hard edge

• Advertisement

Paudie O'Sullivan on for Alan Cadogan

2 goals in a minute

Cork 2-16 Tipperary 0-15

Add anotha 2 goals balls anyway tipp just got a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Eh what exactly happened our defence there lads?

Cork 4-20 Tipperary 2-21

Cork 4-21 Tipperary 2-22

Cork 4-21 Tipperary 2-23

Cork 4-21 Tipperary 2-24

Floodgates opened in this half - who needs defenses....!!!!

Cork 4-21 Tipperary 2-28

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hon Tipp,what a comeback !!

• Advertisement

Cork 4-21 Tipperary 2-28 full time

Goal by Forde...the point to draw it by C Kenny...great to see those lads stepping up

came from 12 points down with 18 minutes to go to win by a point. Outscored Cork in that period 2-9 to 0-2

Here are the Division 1 hurling league quarter-final pairings for next Sunday.
    Tipperary v Offaly
    Cork v Wexford
    Dublin v Limerick
    Galway v Waterford

Dublin v Limerick is the pick of them, I'd say

Scorers for Tipperary: Séamus Callanan 0-10 (0-5f), Noel McGrath 0-7 (0-1f), Jason Forde 1-4, Niall O’Meara 0-3, Kieran Bergin 1-0, Thomas Stapleton, John O’Dwyer (0-1f), Conor Kenny, Ronan Maher 0-1 each.
    Scorers for Cork: Patrick Horgan 2-8 (0-6f), Séamus Harnedy 0-5, Conor Lehane 1-1, Paudie O’Sullivan 1-0, Daniel Kearney, Cormac Murphy 0-2 each, Aidan Walsh, Robert O’Shea, Alan Cadogan 0-1 each.
    TIPPERARY

1. Darragh Egan (Kildangan)
    2. Paddy Stapleton (Borris-Ileigh)
    3. Conor O’Mahony (Newport)
    4. Conor O’Brien (Éire Óg Annacarty)
    7. Kieran Bergin (Killenaule)
    6. Pádraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    21. Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    8. Shane McGrath (Ballinahinch)
    9. Thomas Stapleton (Templederry Kenyons)
    10. Noel McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney)
    11. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
    12. Jason Forde (Silvermines)
    13. John O’Dwyer (Killenaule)
    14. Séamus Callanan (Drom & Inch)
    15. Niall O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
    Subs
    22. Patrick Maher (Lorrha-Dorrha) for Brendan Maher (32-half-time, blood)
    22. Patrick Maher for Brendan Maher (half-time)
    18. Shane Bourke (JK Brackens) for O’Dwyer (half-time)
    19. Michael Breen (Ballina) for Shane McGrath (half-time)
    26. James Woodlock (Drom & Inch) for Thomas Stapleton (56)
    20. Conor Kenny (Borris-Ileigh) for O’Meara (62)

How good was noel mcgrath today wouldnt have been his biggest fan last year or two but good last week top drawer today.if he could bring that performance to every game he"ll be massive for us and what a target man seamies becoming goal and an assist last week two assists this week absolute animal when the ball is fed in in front of him 9.99 times outa ten hes taking that ball clean into hand straight off or with the hurl.michael breen looking a very good find like barrett last year would have liked to see more of john mcgrath liked what i saw when he did and niall o mearas tipping along nicely.conor o brien had a woeful first half missed alot but defo a one off because hes always very reliable.paudie great game really turning into a beast this year carryn on from his form last year distribution has improved 10 fold

It's still a league - where both teams had already qualified... so that's the context. What did you make of Forde?

Sorry for being happy today my apologies haha ya i know its just the league but i think we're tipping along nicely winnings a good habit to have.ya thought he played well first half still feel he has alot more to give maybe that will come with a run in the team.noel was my man of the match today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It's still a league - where both teams had already qualified... so that's the context. What did you make of Forde?
    Crazy attitude IMO and is shown up as being wrong by how team played today...
    Both teams had qualified but result determined who the opposition would be in the quarters which is also the context....
    Why do so many love to dismiss the league...

• Advertisement

It's nowhere near the physicality of championship or the pace...nor is the player's desire the same - and when you've already qualified that takes another level out of the intensity... - you've also players like Saint and Bonnar just back from injury - and Tipp's team is missing a lot regulars

I don't think Cork or Tipp care who they get - if they want games - the only games left for a challenge are Dublin and Limerick (Wexford to a lesser extent) - so they'd be dying to get them as a test for championship - but Limerick are completely different animal when it comes to championship - as is evident when you compare their league and championship performances for the past few years...

I don't see how the context correlates to the performance or the result when the point I'm making is that this was not a championship level game - some of the defending was shocking... - it was a loose free for all...complete opposite of a championship game...

What did you make of the physicality and pace of the game today? Championship stuff for you, yeah?

I don't love to dismiss the league - I just put it in context... KK are in a relegation play-off...they must be really bad...what a context for championship the league is...OH LORD....Limerick are in a lower division they'll be easy to beat come the championship...yeah...because the league works like that...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement