Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Shane Dooley penalty saved by Darragh Egan after Egan had fouled Brian Carroll.

O'Riordan will be stretchered off.. as Colin O'Riordan on the turf for ten minutes

turning into a disastrous day for tipp in both codes

(FT) Offaly 0-13 Tipperary 1-16

Tipp get out of Tullamore with a 1-16 to 0-13 win, having finished with 13 men with Callanan and Barrett sent off and Bergin carried off

Play finally resumes after 17 minutes as O'Riordan is stretchered off. There was 20 minutes of additional time

Full Time score:

Sligo 13 - Tipp 15

• Advertisement

The story is that an Ambulance was called for Kieran Bergin at O'Connor Park - hopefully just precautionary

On the way back from Tullamore now. Dreadful day for injuries. What's the injury news re O'Riordan? is 2015 over for him? Speedy recovery to both.

Waterford it is then. hardly a double header in nowlan?

Waterford are going well - will be a good challenge. Austin Gleeson looks like he an outstanding player - never mind prospect.

Bergin has been in outstanding form - so the injury is doubly disastrous... - hope it's nothing season ending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Waterford it is then. hardly a double header in nowlan?

They've been in Thurles the last few years. Thought this was where they were scheduled regardless of match ups?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Play finally resumes after 17 minutes as O'Riordan is stretchered off. There was 20 minutes of additional time

Full Time score:

Sligo 13 - Tipp 15

Colin is fine :) , knocked unconscious for a minute and taken to Clonmel Hospital as a precaution but all o.k. spoke to his Brother half an hour ago !

Fantastic news! Hopefully Bergin is fine also

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Anybody see what callanan was sent off for missed it in real time?first time in tullamore stadiums a credit to them i must say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

buggy beag wrote: »
    Anybody see what callanan was sent off for missed it in real time?first time in tullamore stadiums a credit to them i must say

I didn't see it properly, just kind of half saw it in my peripheral vision. Callanan and his man were both tangling with each other trying to get to a ball being played in, and what I thought I saw initially was Seamie push him off and the Offaly man go to the ground. With that said there was a sound which certainly indicated the Offaly man had been struck, so although I can't be sure it seems most likely that Callanan just pulled on him out of frustration to get free.

I saw him do that last year when Burgess played Drom & Inch, the Burgess man couldn't handle Callanan at all so just kept grabbing hold of him, eventually Callanan got frustrated with it and pulled straight across him when a ball was played to them. Referee missed it that day though and nothing was done.

Big Ears wrote: »
    I didn't see it properly, just kind of half saw it in my peripheral vision. Callanan and his man were both tangling with each other trying to get to a ball being played in, and what I thought I saw initially was Seamie push him off and the Offaly man go to the ground. With that said there was a sound which certainly indicated the Offaly man had been struck, so although I can't be sure it seems most likely that Callanan just pulled on him out of frustration to get free.

I saw him do that last year when Burgess played Drom & Inch, the Burgess man couldn't handle Callanan at all so just kept grabbing hold of him, eventually Callanan got frustrated with it and pulled straight across him when a ball was played to them. Referee missed it that day though and nothing was done.

I think there is previous with Short and Seamie. Last year Short pulled on him late after Seamie pulling the trigger.

Personally thought the ref was dreadful today. Fair enough perhaps Seamie deserved the red but Offaly sailed very close to the wind themselves and got away with it

citykat wrote: »
    They've been in Thurles the last few years. Thought this was where they were scheduled regardless of match ups?

They were in Limerick last year. For 12 and 13, we played Dublin and Cork who allowed us home advantage due to it been our turn to play them at home

I hear it's Bergin's ankle...

Latest from @TipperaryGAA camp is that @colin_oriordan is concussed but in good spirits. CT scan of his spine showed up clear.

I've heard that Bergin is out for six weeks with ankle ligament damage - can't say for certain if that's the truth - I'd take that over the rest of the summer...

if it's just 6 weeks not so bad - hope for him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone who saw the 'high lights' of the Tipp game on League Sunday tonight would have seen what a joke of a decision it was by the ref to send off Calanan.hopefully it will be rescinded on appeal.

Two good wins for Tipp today so we can't complain,pity the footballers didn't get promoted but they made a great effort and just missed out.

• Advertisement

No appeal to Callanan sending off
    30 Mar, 2015

Tipperary Senior Hurling Manager Eamon O'Shea says they won't be appealing the straight red card doled out to Seamus Callanan in his side's league victory over Offaly yesterday

title
    Callanan who scored 1-06 for the Premier was sent off for an off the ball incident on the 40th minute and will now miss the semi final clash with Waterford on April 19th.

Cathal Barrett was also sent off on a second yellow while Kieran Bergin was stretchered off but O'Shea says his ankle injuries should only keep him laid up for a few weeks.

And while he ruled out an appeal to Callanan's suspension he expressed frustration over the rough treatment endured by some of his players at matches

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Latest from @TipperaryGAA camp is that @colin_oriordan is concussed but in good spirits. CT scan of his spine showed up clear.

Glad to hear that, best wishes and speedy recovery to a fine young footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprised they're not appealing! We really should be winning this league!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Surprised they're not appealing! We really should be winning this league!

Maybe he justs wants to give him a break.

Maybe, there's a strategy not to antagonist refs - just leave it, don't rock that boat - it's not worth it this time - if it was a championship game, fair enough...

It will be interesting to see if and who will step up without Seamie against Waterford (also particularly if Bubbles is absent again) - Bergin absent too

That'll be interesting to see...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any venue announced yet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

buggy beag wrote: »
    Maybe he justs wants to give him a break.

I heard this morning that it will be appealed.

Who would they start full forward conor kenny maybe?only noticed it for the first time sunday that michael breen is a big lad very powerful looking

• Advertisement

Allianz Hurling League Semi-Final.
    Tipperary v Waterford
    Sunday 19th April at 4pm in Nowlan Park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement