Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Leave Arsene alone Mourinho! :mad: ..... :pac:

The irony is that Eamon O'Shea is very similar to Wenger in many of his sporting ideologies. Alot of parallels to be drawn. Both stubborn men, both slow to introduce subs, both value piano players more than piano lifters, both on the fringes of success and flirting with the prospect of either greater success or failure.

Both men highly respected by their players, both men have also gained the respect of opposing managers. For Wenger it is profession and is sometimes economical with the truth and often sees games through " dark glasses". O' Shea is an academic and has made no secret that's where his future his career lies.

O'Shea is a man of integrity and even if he left the Tipp management structure today he would be leaving with the appreciation and admiration of numerous Tipp fans who have enjoyed some great games under his management!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Both men highly respected by their players, both men have also gained the respect of opposing managers. For Wenger it is profession and is sometimes economical with the truth and often sees games through " dark glasses". O' Shea is an academic and has made no secret that's where his future his career lies.

O'Shea is a man of integrity and even if he left the Tipp management structure today he would be leaving with the appreciation and admiration of numerous Tipp fans who have enjoyed some great games under his management!

Cant disagree with those points either

took punishment against Cork - had to be taken off - hasn't played since - but bubbles can usually look after himself - usually - not that that justifies such behaviour

Believed to have been suffering from a virus the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Callanan appeal failed I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Didn't think it looked that bad on TV. I could hear a clatter on contact which I presume the ref heard.. Might have edged it against callinan

In refs defence they're probably instructed that hurl to Helmet contacts a straight red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

digzy wrote: »
    Didn't think it looked that bad on TV. I could hear a clatter on contact which I presume the ref heard.. Might have edged it against callinan

In refs defence they're probably instructed that hurl to Helmet contacts a straight red.

Looked fairly innocuous alright. Heard that crack as well. Judging by Callinan's reaction, he didn't think there was much in it either. AFAIK that ref wouldn't have that much experience officiating matches at that level. Unless there's a blatant wrong or incorrect rule cited by the ref, appeals generally fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Joke

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Barretts first yellow not overturned either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

As a Tipperary fan i feel bad that arguably our most potent forward will be denied a chance of representing us in such a crucial game but on the other side it means we will find out more about our squad. Who can do a job full forward? Bonnar perhaps? Or Niall O'Meara?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

How would conor kenny get on in there i wonder?

buggy beag wrote: »
    How would conor kenny get on in there i wonder?

Kenny has some great touches but for a big man he lacks that workrate and predatorial instinct that Seamie or Lar would have. That said id be happy to see him get a try and prove me wrong but he needs to really up his game now. Anything he has scored for us has been from loose play. He needs to prove himself capable of answering the call whilst receiving much attemtion from the opposition full back.

Best of luck to Thurles CBS tomorrow in the Croke Cup All ireland schools A final against St Kierans.

Throw in 5pm in Semple Stadium. Live on TG4.

And the very best of luck also to Abbey CBS in their Senior B football final against Carlow CBS next Saturday April 11th in Croker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Best of luck to Thurles CBS tomorrow in the Croke Cup All ireland schools A final against St Kierans.

Throw in 5pm in Semple Stadium. Live on TG4.

And the very best of luck also to Abbey CBS in their Senior B football final against Carlow CBS next Saturday April 11th in Croker

Who are the men to watch out for on the Thurles side? The central spine of the Kierans side is very good starting with Walsh at FB; Cleere and Keoghan at HB; Leahy, Morrissey, Connolly & Blanchfield in the MF and forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

As a Tipperary fan i feel bad that arguably our most potent forward will be denied a chance of representing us in such a crucial game ?

Crucial? Are you serious?
    I think a break might do him good- he's been ever present all league. Playing a blinder too, fair play to him. However, the bigger league matches were all won. We've already posted about the benefits of beating this cats along with the comeback against cork. I wouldn't be overly worried if we lost to waterford while at the same time when your in a semi final you'd like to finish the job. The intensity will be a bit higher in the next 2 games. Would be a good chance to see how lads like forde, burke etc. respond before the championship. Callinan is a nailed on starter.

I'd fancy Dublin for the league at the moment.

digzy wrote: »
    Crucial? Are you serious?
    I think a break might do him good- he's been ever present all league. Playing a blinder too, fair play to him. However, the bigger league matches were all won. We've already posted about the benefits of beating this cats along with the comeback against cork. I wouldn't be overly worried if we lost to waterford while at the same time when your in a semi final you'd like to finish the job. The intensity will be a bit higher in the next 2 games. Would be a good chance to see how lads like forde, burke etc. respond before the championship. Callinan is a nailed on starter.

I'd fancy Dublin for the league at the moment.

Yeah tbh crucial is too strong a word. However, I feel its really unjust on the man though although it could prove in time to be a blessing also. Will he miss the league final if we beat Waterford? If his suspension is upheld then hopefully the lad who does come in can have a right good game and keep the competition intense. Nothing drives a panel more as Kilkenny have proved over the years.

I wont cry if we dont win the league but since we're at this stage and we've played so well this year i do hope we can go on now and finish the job.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tipp Team for tomorrow , Under 21`s given a break with the Final during the week , fringe players get their chance :

Colum Nugent (Ardfinnan), Donal Lynch (Clonmel Commercials), Paddy Codd Capt. (Killenaule), Andrew Morrissey (Galtee Rovers), Daragh Dwyer (Moyle Rovers), Robbie Kiely (Carbery Rangers), Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers), George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers), Seamus Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials), Ger Mulhaire (Arravale Rovers), Barry Grogan (Aherlow), Sean Flynn (Fr Sheehys), Dean Lonergan (Cahir), Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen), Peter Acheson (Moyle Rovers)

Very much a dead rubber game in the football i assume today? We were well in control but dropped off but not much to play for tbh so no matter really. Akin to the Wicklow game last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Conor Kenny did very for Borris today

Anybody see toome v mullinahone?

• Advertisement

Anybody see toome v mullinahone?

No but I see roles finally reversed in that result after all the pain the fúckers caused us over the years ;). They cant blame any Paul Kelly dubious frees today :pac:

Ah no joking aside now id imagine it lacked the spice of previous Mull v Toom classics such as 02 and 06. I genuinely wish Toom well as a club as they have served Tipp very well traditionally to be fair to them. :)

How did Eoin do? :)

Conor Kenny did very for Borris today

He is a talent ill admit but yet has to win me over. Can he translate his talent into intercounty level? He has the raw materials and is a nice hurler to watch. Now i would have been skeptical of Jason Forde and John mcgrath in the past but both have been excellent so far so id hope he'd follow their lead. Id try him V Waterford but he really needs to set down a marker in that game.

He might be worth a point or two as a sub this year - but maybe in a year or two he could well be a starter worth three or four points - i'd love to see him made into a wing forward - but maybe he's more of an inside forward - has the raw materials to be a very good inter-county forward - has a bit to go in terms of intelligence and know-how to his play to be handling top class inter county backs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jeez lads what happened moycarkey in the junior hurling league?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Eoin is out injured at present. He was on Second Captains recently - admitted to switching off completely and thus the return of old injuries...

Sean Curran back in top form - 15 points against Toome

Sean Curran back in top form - 15 points against Toome

Yeah I read the report there. With no Eoin or Kevin Walzer thats quite an impressive win. Toom werent up to much id say although according to Ricky they were hot favourites going into this match.

Eamon Cregan is actually involved with the Mullinahone setup at present and rumour has it that Curran had great time for him when he hurled for Mary I so perhaps he is getting the best out of the youngsters.

Toome are going through a serious redevelopment - the oul transition period - coupled with being traditional slow starters...it will take some time...

Cregan...He can be quite temperamental, can be a divisive figure from what I've heard... be interesting to see how things develop down there - what's his role?

Sean Curran had great potential - has had a couple of poor years - hopefully he can get back on track with Mullinahone - but doesn't really have the aerial ability to make it in a half forward line for inter-county...I would think...hopefully he proves me wrong...

• Advertisement

Toome are going through a serious redevelopment - the oul transition period - coupled with being traditional slow starters...it will take some time...

Cregan...He can be quite temperamental, can be a divisive figure from what I've heard... be interesting to see how things develop down there - what's his role?

Sean Curran had great potential - has had a couple of poor years - hopefully he can get back on track with Mullinahone - but doesn't really have the aerial ability to make it in a half forward line for inter-county...I would think...hopefully he proves me wrong...

Cregan is training the boys from what i understand. I suppose he is an old school kind of guy akin to Justin McCarthy. Done very well with Mary I although Offaly wasnt his biggest fan at the end of his reign i believe and he did clash with the dual players down in Limerick back in 03.

Seanie is a fairly big man and is a classy sticksman but isnt the best under the high ball. Might be more suited to a wing or corner role perhaps? With the competition he faces he may not be able to break onto the county setup. Jack Shelly or Micheal Dunne would be 2 Mullinahone lads id have great hope for. Shelly is your Bonnar type of player. High energy and so shortage of toughness. Micheal is classy hurler who never leaves the hurley out of his hand from what im told.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement