Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Ya every year its the same and always some difference between league refereeing compared to championship,be interesting to see how referees handle the advantage rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMvlz5qn2A

I'd like to know on what grounds this red was rescinded?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Rasputin11 wrote:

Rasputin11 wrote:

To true pal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMvlz5qn2A

No problem, I'll tell you...

Cork were playing Kilkenny in the quarters the following week, that's why. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

O'riordan a late change for the under 21's tonight! Some man.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I got it from a KK CB source at the time that Henry's red was only rescinded on a technicality - i.e. wrong rule/typo in refs report. Otherwise it would have stood. BTW Ned Quinn got Frank Murphy to assist. Whatever about friends in CP, it was handy to have Frank onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

In this week's 'My Club' feature we talk to Tipperary senior footballer and the county's U21 captain Colin O'Riordan about his club, JK Brackens.

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0904151237-my-club-colin-oriordan-jk-brackens/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

(2nd half,44 min) Cork 2-5 Tipperary 1-11 Ian Fahey GOAL

2nd half,58 min) Cork 3-7 Tipperary 1-15 GOAL by Cian Dorgan

congrats to the tipp team

EirGrid GAA Football Under 21 Munster Championship Final Cork 3-8 Tipperary 1-15 result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Great display,especially Colin O'Riordan,in the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Delighted for all involved, especially Colin O'Riordan.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Just in from Thurles :) , what a game , great advertisement for Football . Delighted for everyone involved in Tipp Football . Kevin O`Halloran , wasn`t on the Panel for the Semi , comes in and cool as a Cucumber taking frees , accuracy unreal . Some real good lads there , looking forward to seeing how they develop !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Listened to it on the radio,nearly had a heart attack at the end,we done it the hard but it was a great win,delighted for them........hon the premier.

One of those great nights to be a Tipperary man in Thurles :) A heroic performance from start to finish. The lads were out on their feet the last ten minutes. Amazing spirit from a truly amazing group of players. Bill Maher was a beast and both Stephen O'Brien and Colm O'Riordan showed such unbelievable leadership. I couldnt fault one Tipperary player tonight.

Considering that since those 2 great minors years in 2011 and 2012, of the eligible players, Quirke, John Mcgrath and Tom Kirwan injured, Dylan Fitzelle seemingly retired, Colman and Henry in the US, and was i mistaken or did TJ Ryan come on late or is he even on the periphery? Add to that also Jack Shelly who has seemingly opted for the small ball game.

The Tipperary players and management can be proud of their whole attitude and performance and have got their reward. I think it is fair to say we had a good fair man in the middle tonight. Personally, i thought the ref had a fine game contrastingly in the midst of all the deserved criticism that we have been throwing the officials way in recent weeks.

Very very happy Tipperary man this week.

Stopping 5 in a rows since 1945!! :)

Up Tipp!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

So when and where is the semi final v Dublin?

Ian Fahey motm. Had a great game but for me Bill Maher was best player on the pitch and next to him Stephen O'Brien whose three early catches set the tone for our committed performance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Colin O'Riordan is a natural born leader. He has nailed his colours to the footballing mast and that's no harm as every great team needs an exceptional player and he is that for the football team. As a natural leader I am sure there are a lot of talented, potential dual players who will want to play on the same team as Colin, the two Maher brothers Bill and Paul immediately come to mind.

What a talent Kevin O'Halloran, from Portroe is, when it comes to taking frees, he strikes through the ball so effortlessly with tremendous accuracy and getting great distance at the same time. Interesting, and for me great to see that he kicks all placed balls from the ground!

This was a great team effort and all the team, and management plus everyone associated with the team are to be mightily congratulated!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Triboro wrote: »

April 18th. Portlaoise perhaps? Tyrone play Roscommon in the other fixture so perhaps both could be played as a double header in Tullamore.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Colin O'Riordan is a natural born leader. He has nailed his colours to the footballing mast and that's no harm as every great team needs an exceptional player and he is that for the football team. As a natural leader I am sure there are a lot of talented, potential dual players who will want to play on the same team as Colin, the two Maher brothers Bill and Paul immediately come to mind.

What a talent Kevin O'Halloran, from Portroe is, when it comes to taking frees, he strikes through the ball so effortlessly with tremendous accuracy and getting great distance at the same time. Interesting, and for me great to see that he kicks all placed balls from the ground!

This was a great team effort and all the team, and management plus everyone associated with the team are to be mightily congratulated!

As stubborn as a mule is O'Riordan. Was fouled as he ran up the wing but ref waved play on but it wouldnt deter Colin. Up he got and drove forward. Frightening to think only for his father getting that promotion we could have been watching him in the green and gold of Meath now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Well done to the boys, congrats to all involved...Hon Tipp

This is the team that started the Munster minor final v Kerry back in 2012 that would have been eligible for u21 tonight. Tonights players highlighted in bold. Really gives perspective. Add COR to them i suppose given he was more than likely injured around that time he would have started id imagine. He came on at half time in that game. Some very notable absentees there though tonight

Tipp v Kerry 2012 MFF.
    1. Evan Comerford (Clonmel Commercials)
    2. Darren Cass (Clonmel Commercials)
    3. James Feehan (Killeneule)
    4. Lorcan Egan (Loughmore Castleiney)
    5. Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    6. Dylan Fitzelle (Cashel King Cormacs) CAPTAIN
    7. Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
    8. Steven O'Brien (Ballina)
    9. Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
    10. Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials)

11. John Martin (Ballyporeen)
    12. Greg Henry (Killenaule)
    13. Colman Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials)
    14. Philip Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    15. Tom Kirwan (Ardfinnan)

Subs: J Loughnane for Cass (27), C O’Riordan for Egan (ht), TJ Ryan for Lonergan (53), J McGrath for Martin (55), J Shelly for Kirwan (60+3).

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Had they the pitch narrowed in a few yards on the New Stand side or am I mistaken?

It looked to me to be that way too. I tried to think of a few theories as to why its narrower. Is O'Shea perhaps open to the idea in terms of letting the lads get more used to playing within confinement? Just a thought

Triboro wrote: »

Tullamore , saturday 18th of April .

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Tullamore , saturday 18th of April .

Cool, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We're being plagued by injuries recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Not often we get a chance to post a U tube clip of a Tipperary footballer, regretfully it is only 17 seconds in duration.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Is Mickey Cahill back training with Sars yet?

• Advertisement

Xenophile wrote: »
    Not often we get a chance to post a U tube clip of a Tipperary footballer, regretfully it is only 17 seconds in duration.

Any highlights of Thursday nights game online ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement