Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Very true

I'd seriously doubt it

Speedy recovery Noel.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Paddico wrote: »
    Just read my own post there, prob need to rephrase it.
    Are there any highlights on the Munster u21 football final anywhere online from last Thursday?

I`ve posted this already and haven`t heard anything !

Best of luck to Tipp Minors tonight , wouldn`t mind another run like 2011 :) !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Hopefully Noel will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Will be thinking of Noel in the few prayers, fine hurler and absolute gentleman.

Good man Charlie.

Anyone at the Minor football game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's great that we're still going strong at underage football. It must be really difficult to sustain the level of success which we've had over recent years. Hats off to everyone involved, great effort.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Good man Charlie.

Anyone at the Minor football game tonight?

http://m.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0415/694410-minor-wins-for-cork-tipp-and-kerry/

It's looking good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Big win for Tipp in the minor football,2-16 to Waterford's 1-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Speedy recovery Noel.

There were highlights on TG4's GAA 2015 programme on Monday night. It might be on the TG4 player?

Floyd admitted to Tipp FM that manager Eamon O’Shea has “a growing list of injuries” to contend with.
    Cathal Barrett is out with a shoulder problem and Kieran Bergin broke a bone in his hand on his comeback with Killenaule last Sunday. Denis Maher and Joe O’Dwyer are also unavailable and Floyd expanded on the list of walking wounded.
    “We originally had a training panel of 36 but if you take into account that Bill Maher and John McGrath are tied up with the U21 football next weekend, you’re down to 28 then and five of those 28 are only coming back from injury, the likes of Michael Cahill, Paul Curran, ‘Bonnar’ Maher, John Meagher and James Barry.
    “They’re lacking match practice so they’ll have to pick from that last five I mentioned to make up the panel of 26 for next Sunday.
    “He (Gleeson) played a club game but was really only standing in the goals. He has a serious enough knee injury so he’ll be out for a few more weeks.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Possible Team for Sunday

Egan
    Saint
    O Mahoney
    O Brien
    Breen
    P Maher
    R Maher
    Woodlock
    S McGrath
    Bubbles
    Bonner
    B Maher
    Forde
    Kenny
    O Meara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Possible Team for Sunday

Egan
    Saint
    O Mahoney
    O Brien
    Breen
    P Maher
    R Maher
    Woodlock
    S McGrath
    Bubbles
    Bonner
    B Maher
    Forde
    Kenny
    O Meara

I don't mind the look of that team whatsoever. There's strength enough to put up a decent fight against Waterford mixed in with young lads who know this might be their last chance to impress before the championship. I'd imagine the likes of Ronan Maher and Jason Forde are relishing the chance to fulfill their potential. We all know they can hurl a great game, let's hope they prove it to Ó Shea.

Callanan wins an appeal, cleared to play Sunday.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Callanan wins an appeal, cleared to play Sunday.
    Brilliant news,just the kind of boost the trams needs right now.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

tippspur wrote: »
    Brilliant news,just the kind of boost the trams needs right now.:cool:

True. Good boost for the team.

However, it'd be nice to see one of the squad players try to step up. We all know what callinan can do and how important he is.
    I'm not too bothered about the result. would like to see the lesser lights challenge for championship places.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

digzy wrote: »

However, it'd be nice to see one of the squad players try to step up. We all know what callinan can do and how important he is.
    I'm not too bothered about the result. would like to see the lesser lights challenge for championship places.

That's true but at the same time it's a great chance to win the league. I think we beat Waterford with or without Callinan in any case.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I heard he got off on a technicality, the ref spelt it Callinan rather than Callanan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

GARY O’Neill knows how hard the ‘C-word’ will have hit Tipperary hurler Noel McGrath.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/noel-can-battle-back-61352/

Jesus christ:rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up!

I've heard a more accurate version from a very reliable source. Basically the minutes of the first meeting stated that Callanan refused to accept an offer to reduce the red to yellow which he velemny denied and swore blind he received absolutely no offer. As a result the original finding was overturned

The Tipperary Senior Hurling Team to play Waterford Sunday is
    1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Paddy Stapelton
    3 Conor O Mahony
    4 Conor O Brien
    5 Michael Breen
    6 Paudie Maher
    7 Ronan Maher
    8 James Woodlock
    9 Shane McGrath
    10 John O Dwyer
    11 Brendan Maher
    12 Jason Forde
    13 Seamus Callanan
    14 Patrick Maher
    15 Nial O Meara.

Anyone heading to Tullamore tomorrow , can`t go , got work . Same team as last week !

I've heard a more accurate version from a very reliable source. Basically the minutes of the first meeting stated that Callanan refused to accept an offer to reduce the red to yellow which he velemny denied and swore blind he received absolutely no offer. As a result the original finding was overturned

I was taking the piss, just highlighting the scandalous misspelling of his name by Tipp people!!

The real version makes the whole process look like an even bigger farce.

GerB40 wrote: »
    I don't mind the look of that team whatsoever. There's strength enough to put up a decent fight against Waterford mixed in with young lads who know this might be their last chance to impress before the championship. I'd imagine the likes of Ronan Maher and Jason Forde are relishing the chance to fulfill their potential. We all know they can hurl a great game, let's hope they prove it to Ó Shea.

I was 2 off, Gleeson was reportedly out and Callanan was suspended, looks a strong team, roll on Sunday.

I can't understand why yourself or any Tipp man would say they are not bothered by the result against Waterford on Sunday,it's not as if we're winning all Ireland's and Leagues every year like KK,we haven't won anything for a few years now and should be glad to be winning this semi final and reaching the league final and winning it.and for the likes of me and others who live on the border with Waterford we get great pleasure in beating them.

The Tipperary Senior Hurling Team to play Waterford Sunday is
    1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Paddy Stapelton
    3 Conor O Mahony
    4 Conor O Brien
    5 Michael Breen
    6 Paudie Maher
    7 Ronan Maher
    8 James Woodlock
    9 Shane McGrath
    10 John O Dwyer
    11 Brendan Maher
    12 Jason Forde
    13 Seamus Callanan
    14 Patrick Maher
    15 Nial O Meara.
    Surprised Gleeson is fit to start,no other surprises though.

• Advertisement

They'll be a few switches in the forward line when the game gets going I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement