Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

tippspur wrote: »
    They'll be a few switches in the forward line when the game gets going I'd say.

There'll be a few positional changes and a personnel change before the game also I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

That's what has been happening for most league games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

That's true but at the same time it's a great chance to win the league. I think we beat Waterford with or without Callinan in any case.

looking forward to seeing how it goes. Tipp beat Waterford last year by three points and Waterford won the year before by a point so it will probably be close enough again I suspect. From a Waterford perspective I'm glad callanan is playing. Tipp have been the best team this year so far so playing close to a full strength teams will tell us a lot. All of our games have been easy so far so it's hard to tell how good we really are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tipperary 0-14 Dublin 0-12.

Sensational comeback from the lads. This is a special group of players make no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Our under 21 footballers never know when they are bet, lets hope they can do it in the final now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Well Done to U21 Footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Some great points taken by the lads when it really mattered. What really impressed me was the more pressure that came on the more lads stepped up for us, team of leaders

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

:D . . . . . .

Tipperary 0-14 Dublin 0-12.

Sensational comeback from the lads. This is a special group of players make no doubt about that.

Was at it earlier. Decent Tipp crowd in attendance. As the game progressed i never doubted us to be honest. We were dominant in the first half possession wise but were kicking into a strong breeze. Second half we came into our own with the wind on our backs and Dublin werent all that tbh for the same team who won the all ireland minor in 2012. O'Brien was a beast for the second time running but my motm was Josh Keane who ran himself ragged.

What is it about Tullamore and outrageous refereering performances whenever we go there? :D Some absolutely shocking decisions out there. At one stage a Dublin player fell himself and got a free. Contrast it to the excellent Kerry referee from the other night it would appear that the good referees are all to rare these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

He gave 2 frees to Dublin near the end that could only be described as soft (I heard 'bog' mentioned on numerous occasions by the TG4 commentary).

What is it with some referees if a game is close towards the end that the team ahead cant tackle without giving a free away.

• Advertisement

I've edited my signature (i hope it works) as a show of solidarity and support to Noel Mcgrath who yesterday undergone an operation for testicular cancer. Got the idea from a friend of mine who said that they are doing similar with the avatars on premierview.

Hoping we can do the business for him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I can't understand why yourself or any Tipp man would say they are not bothered by the result against Waterford on Sunday,it's not as if we're winning all Ireland's and Leagues every year like KK,we haven't won anything for a few years now and should be glad to be winning this semi final and reaching the league final and winning it.and for the likes of me and others who live on the border with Waterford we get great pleasure in beating them.

I'm not bothered for a number of reasons.

Can you remember who won the league last year, or who made the semis? I can't anyway. I guarantee you, come September- hopefully we're still there- the league will be a distant memory.

Teams train to peak for certain stages in the season. Look at the Munster rugby team. Back even when they were stronger, they'd put in some awful performances in the league yet come good in the Heineken Cup. I know feic all about preparing teams mentally/physically, but I imagine training is tailor made for the seasons fixtures.

I'd love if we won every game and I want a win tomorrow, but I live in the real world. Tipp aren't training to peak this early in the season- I doubt waterford are either tbf. Waterford wont be all ireland contenders this year. However, they'll be well up for it and i think it represents a good chance for some of the squad to stake a claim for a championship place. I'd rather a defeat IF it brings on the squad and a better championship.

fair play to the footballers. credit to themselves and mgmt.

Good post Digzy. I hope we win tomorrow if for anything we need the extra game to fill that gap between April 19 and june 21.

Great pic here. It's what I love about GAA

345798.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Up in nowlan sun is shining dubs beating cork 2 15 to 12 points half time mon da premier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Any word on the venue for the u-21 final?

Is Bubbles's arm broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

I heard the trip to Spain cost the County Board 44k, I'd say they were expecting the 50k from a league final appearance would pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We were very off form today,Waterford deserved it.

buggy beag wrote: »
    Up in nowlan sun is shining dubs beating cork 2 15 to 12 points half time mon da premier!!!
    The Sun might have been shining but I went to the game without a jacket and nearly fcukin froze up there,the cold wind was deadly.

• Advertisement

Maybe - I'd doubt it though - that would be unbelievably bad business acumen - that hard training has to be done for championship and the bonding too.

After what happened to Noelie - no Cahill, Barrett, Bergin, John McGrath, the loss of bubbles - barrett and bergin have been two of our form players -

That waterford team will serious in two/three years time - they showed their hand today though

Nice break to the semi now - get the house in order - get the head down - play the club championship - bounce back in the semi

Is Conor O'Brien injured?

Strange team selection in places - dictated by the injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

A lot of poor performances today, very disjointed team players out of their positions and we still should have beaten them. What was Gleeson thinking of with our last puck of the game wed have beaten them in extra time.

Bubbles has a broken finger

Tipperary manager O’Shea suspects that the recent week-long training camp in Spain may have taken something from his players.
    “Even when we are ahead we were lacking energy, lacking composure" - Eamon O'Shea
    He reflected: “We were a bit flat.
    “Even when we are ahead we were lacking energy, lacking composure.
    “Having said that we were beaten by a team that performed well on the day, had good energy, good movement so I’d have no complaints.
    “We never got a rhythm and we needed rhythm to play.
    “I wasn’t really happy with the way we were moving, we lacking in energy a little bit.”

The Sun might have been shining but I went to the game without a jacket and nearly fcukin froze up there,the cold wind was deadly.

Made that same error yesterday in Tullamore. Luckily the cockles of the heart were warmed by another magical performance from those great bunch of men.

As for today, congrats to Waterford who have a cracking group of young players coming through. All the best of luck to them in the league final.

Not worried to be honest. In fact it may be better for us to enter the championship not so cock sure.

The one cause of concern i would have though is the strength and depth in our forwards. Shane Bourke for all of his skill offers absolutely nothing in a game like today. Jason forde isnt progressing at the rate that he should be and i dont think Conor Kenny will give the likes of Seamie any sleepless nights. Forde to his credit is a gifted sticksman as the buildup to the second goal proved, but for a big younglad he needs to start getting a little more involved

Bubbles has a broken finger
    Could have been worse I suppose,shouldn't be out for to long with that,he has nine weeks to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Triboro wrote: »
    Any word on the venue for the u-21 final?

Wouldn't mind if it was Parnell Park followed by a few pints in Chaplins or the Palace Bar afterwards.
    I’ve a feeling its going to be Tullamore again.

Just had a look around online and found nothing

Paddico wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind if it was Parnell Park followed by a few pints in Chaplins or the Palace Bar afterwards.
    I’ve a feeling its going to be Tullamore again.

Just had a look around online and found nothing

Tullamore would be probably a bit too convenient for ourselves who are a neighbouring county. Id say Parnell will get the nod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

• Advertisement

Paddico wrote: »

6 O'clock is a ridiculous time for those travelling far distances. Why the hell couldnt they have it at 4 or half 3 even?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement