Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Paddico wrote: »
    Many on here travelling to the game on Saturday.

Out of curiosity many on here have no interest at all?

Getting one of the FoTF Buses from the H & J .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Xenophile wrote: »
    Bill was outstanding, I hope just like Colin O'Riordan he will now opt for football. His younger brother Paul is only 18 and doing his Leaving Cert this year.

Fairplay to Paul.
    Out of curiosity are there any of this years minor crop on the extended u-21 panel?
    I know Danny Owens played a few Hastings cup games. I’m presuming he’s Johns son.
    A fine footballer John was who.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Paddico wrote: »
    Fairplay to Paul.
    Out of curiosity are there any of this years minor crop on the extended u-21 squad?
    I know Danny Owens played a few Hastings cup games. I’m presuming he’s Johns son.
    A fine footballer John was who.
    No don't think any minors are involved with u21s squad or should be. I hope there isn't any minors with the 21s. They don't need to be. Better off playing just minor at intercounty level to go with their club commitments. Burnout etc and also lets another actual u21 get a shot. The minor if good enough will have 2-3 years as a county u21 player

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

All,

Tickets for the match are 'General Admission Unreserved Seating'. Does that mean the tickets are for the Stand only, or any part of the ground.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I am amazed that that so few people have used this forum to thank Paul Curran, a man of the highest integrity to thank him for his dedication to Tipp hurling over so many years.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Xenophile wrote: »
    I am amazed that that so few people have used this forum to thank Paul Curran, a man of the highest integrity to thank him for his dedication to Tipp hurling over so many years.

Why, do you think he reads it?

johnb25 wrote: »
    All,

Tickets for the match are 'General Admission Unreserved Seating'. Does that mean the tickets are for the Stand only, or any part of the ground.

Thanks

Any part of the ground JohnB

I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

squad at 26 is about right for now.
    I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling squad?
    Is he better than those already in the squad? Would he be better off concentrating on u21, club hurling and add him later on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling panel?

Seen him couple times with the minors liked what i saw.hes pat foxs nephew is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

digzy wrote: »

I'd hope no county players read online message boards, they can get pretty poisonous at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I'd hope no county players read online message boards, they can get pretty poisonous at times.

That was kinda my point.....

I am sure he has plenty of family, friends and work colleagues who would tell him about it.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    That was kinda my point.....

The poison pens only come out for people associated with existing teams, managers etc. Not for players whose inter county career has ended.

There is a time for everything and now is the time to show gratitude to Paul Curran, especially when taking into consideration the manner in which he is departing from the team.

Like Paul Curran have no fear, especially when it comes to showing gratitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Paul Curran has announced his retirement from inter County hurling,he was a brilliant player for Tipp and will be hart to replace,best of luck to him and thanks for the memories Paul.

Back in 2003, when Philip Maher became injured during the league final of that year, Paul Curran who had planned to go to America that summer was requested by Michael Doyle to postpone his plans and played the championship for us that summer.

Despite being thrown in at the deep end he performed brilliantly. Over the next 12 seasons, Curran gave everything to the cause. One of the finest most underrated full backs in the game, like Eoin Kelly he should have won alot more then he did with Tipperary.

Thank you for everything Paul. Enjoy your retirement.

Does anyone remember that goalline save in 2011? Sheer class

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Same team v Tyrone :

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O’Brien (Ballina), Colin O’Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O’Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash) .

Same team v Tyrone :

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O’Brien (Ballina), Colin O’Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O’Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash) .

11 South.
    2 North
    I Mid
    1 West

Could have been more mid men here, if they were interested. I look forward to seeing the subs bench.

Wishing everybody concerned a great day in probably one of their most important football days ever!

Same team v Tyrone :

I wonder what people think of Luke Boland. I watched the whole game again against Dublin and he was the only player not mentioned once.
    I'm guessing he was tasked with a man marking job with Josh playing very deep at times but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Does anyone know if tickets for the game tomorrow can be bought in Supervalues/Centras tomorrow or is it just at the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Does anyone know if tickets for the game tomorrow can be bought in Supervalues/Centras tomorrow or is it just at the game itself?

They sponsor the championship not the league so I doubt it. I can't imagine any shortage of tickets at the game though so you should be alright.

GerB40 wrote:
    They sponsor the championship not the league so I doubt it. I can't imagine any shortage of tickets at the game though so you should be alright.

I got two in SuperValu kilkenny for u21 final and they sell league tickets also . Buy now and avoid the queues

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to this evening! First ever under 21 Football game. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon :)

Anyway, hope we can make history!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is the match abandoned ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It was delayed severely because the paramedics were attending to two different spectators who collapsed during the break.

Back on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What the hell was up with the ref bringing play back for Tyrone's 9th point (free)

The guy fell over and skimmed the knee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hard luck Tipp, don't what was going on there at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement