Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Yeah, short of pace in the full back line...because of PAUL CURRAN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHW6OzvWC6g

Not sure how this slipped under the radar back in 2011.

For me, Barrett, Cahill, and Barry would be a bit too light... - don't have the tough presense that Saint and O'Mahony bring to the table and let's face it - it's needed in the full back line. Barrett and Cahill are teak tough in tenacity but they do need to be balanced by a physical presence

Bergin and Paudie get on lots of ball - loads of it and bring it forward and good at passing. They're not tight markers though. Maher really needs to be supplemented by a tight marker either side of him and maybe Cahill and Barry either side of him would do the job - as they have the pace to sweep across. But due to the damage caused by Ritchie Hogan against paudie we need extra cover going forward and bringing back brendan or Gar or bergin would do the job - but I would consider it very foolish to have no plan for ritchie or tony kelly or mannion or the fennellys or ritchie power or dowling or Kevin Moran going forward - we need to get smarter at adopting to game situations and having a tighter defence which does not depend on giving away frees...Ritchie Hogan had a field day the last year and played injured teh second day....

Yeah, I know. I posted that on the thread last year. Shocking stuff

• Advertisement

I'd be happy for seamie to take on ritchie - seamie was great last year and super in the league this year - he'll be grand -

Also, for a man with an apparent 'GOLF SWING' he was top scorer in the championship last year...

and took kk's full back for two goals in the replay...

Even if Lar was fully fit - i don't see him as having a full 70 in him anymore - better off the bench with 20 or 15 to go at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Even if Lar was fully fit - i don't see him as having a full 70 in him anymore - better off the bench with 20 or 15 to go at this stage...
    Yeah. Better for team and him if we use him for 15-20 min bursts....
    Relegation play off

Moyne vs borherlahan
    Cappawhite vs Holycross

Both losers relegated!
    All 4 should be relegated as should another 2/4/6 "senior" clubs

Here is a fact for you guys. 18 adult hurling clubs in North Tipp. Possibly Newport win Inters this year then in 2016 there is 15 senior clubs of 18 with Ballinahinch and Shannon Rovers playing Intermediate and Knockshegowna as Junior A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

A lot of hurling chat considering the footballers are playing the biggest game of their season on Sunday and have a small chance of causing an upset.

Any update from the football camp lads?

• Advertisement

Here is a fact for you guys. 18 adult hurling clubs in North Tipp. Possibly Newport win Inters this year then in 2016 there is 15 senior clubs of 18 with Ballinahinch and Shannon Rovers playing Intermediate and Knockshegowna as Junior A
    How would change that? Which levels would you put clubs into if you had the power to?

Can Tipp expose Kerry's full-back problem? Should they consider putting Steven O'Brien or C O’Riordan to full-forward and let him offload to quinlivan and Sweeney

What about our own full-back line?

How would change that? Which levels would you put clubs into if you had the power to?

I would definately think that a tier exists between Senior and Intermediate at present even if the clubs dont like to admit it. A 16 team Premier Senior, A 16 team Senior B if you like and then Intermediate and then Junior. Estimated 66 hurling clubs in the county and almost 50% are 'Senior'. An utterly ludicrous state of affairs. Now to be fair we have gone someway to rectifying it but there is still hammerings occuring and too many of them.

I would suggest also though that there is some good gems from all clubs in particular in the South that may never get to hurl for the county due to the club they are with.

Take St Patricks or Ballylooby for example. Might be time to look at the Cork and Kerry model and pick amalgamated teams from the smaller clubs that could compete against the bigger teams. I suppose being that little bit selfish im thinking of the long term future of the county team but overall i think we need to improve competitiveness at club level.

Can Tipp expose Kerry's full-back problem? Should they consider putting Steven O'Brien or C O’Riordan to full-forward and let him offload to quinlivan and Sweeney

What about our own full-back line?

I think we'll need to compete with them for the kickouts to be honest. They've always had good fielders. Id leave the lads where they are. Huge emphasis needs to be placed on cutting out their supply into Donaghy. We did it successfully to a certain degree back in 2012 when Ciaran Mcdonald didnt give him a sniff.

Apparently, Noelie trained with Tipp last night! I wish him the very best with his recovery- he did some light jogging

Well done to Tipperary's Steven O Brien who has won the Football Player Of The Month Award for the month of May!

Apparently, Noelie trained with Tipp last night! I wish him the very best with his recovery

Great news, delighted for him. The injury situation isn't getting any better for the hurling panel from what I've heard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Great news, delighted for him. The injury situation isn't getting any better for the hurling panel from what I've heard.

why who is in bother,and are these injuries long term for the championship or short term?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I am happy to say that the ban on Spirit of 67 has now expired just in time for our game against Kerry

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

The Tipperary Football team should pick itself this weekend, I would say it will be the same team that started against Waterford and why not !

Tipperary must make sure that they end up this game with 15 men on the field. Ian Fahey and George Hannigan need to be careful. Better to pick up a black card than two yellows or a red as we have a strong bench.

It will be interesting to see how our team on the line perform if we are under pressure, as this is the first time this year that they might be tested !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I think we'll need to compete with them for the kickouts to be honest. They've always had good fielders. Id leave the lads where they are. Huge emphasis needs to be placed on cutting out their supply into Donaghy. We did it successfully to a certain degree back in 2012 when Ciaran Mcdonald didnt give him a sniff.

I’m not sure I’d agree with that. Donaghey came on as a sub and turned the game for Kerry in the last 15 mins. He was immense. That and the fact the Quinlavin missed a easy point to level matters with 15-20 mins to go.
    It was still a very decent performance by Tipp

Xenophile wrote: »
    The Tipperary Football team should pick itself this weekend, I would say it will be the same team that started against Waterford and why not !

Tipperary must make sure that they end up this game with 15 men on the field. Ian Fahey and George Hannigan need to be careful. Better to pick up a black card than two yellows or a red as we have a strong bench.

It will be interesting to see how our team on the line perform if we are under pressure, as this is the first time this year that they might be tested !

Have the full team squad been listed anywhere?

"I have no doubt that Kerry will beat Tipperary this weekend"

The Bomber writes in the Irish Independent.
    Headlines like this I like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Paddico wrote: »
    "I have no doubt that Kerry will beat Tipperary this weekend"

The Bomber writes in the Irish Independent.
    Headlines like this I like

to be fair they will!

primary 2 wrote: »
    why who is in bother,and are these injuries long term for the championship or short term?

Barrett, Lar and John McGrath out of Limerick game, not sure of the extent of the injuries. We've had a huge amount of injuries this season so far.

Paddico wrote: »
    Have the full team squad been listed anywhere?

Spirit of 67 usually puts the team up here as soon as he gets it!

The sad fact is that there will be more Kerry supporters in Thurles on Sunday. Any chance that the Tipp fans will go and support the team. At least there is no other good sporting attractions on the tele on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Who sets the prices for tickets ?if the ticket prices were halved would you get alot more to go?

buggy beag wrote: »
    Who sets the prices for tickets? if the ticket prices were halved would you get alot more to go?
    Wouldn't Munster Council set tickets as its Munster championship. No???

The tickets are €15 for Sunday with students/OAPs €10 and under 16s for free. Don't see those prices getting any lower. They are excellent prices to see the defending all Ireland champions play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Wouldn't Munster Council set tickets as its Munster championship. No???

The tickets are €15 for Sunday with students/OAPs €10 and under 16s for free. Don't see those prices getting any lower. They are excellent prices to see the defending all Ireland champions play.

I'd agree. People are constantly moaning about prices without actually checking how much the prices are. They couldn't let people in for less than that.
    If you factor in how much fans spend on the other things like pints/food/transport etc.. I doubt a tenner would be a dealbreaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement