Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Yes, but Kerry are a different animal come August. Totally different beast is All-Ireland series Kerry to Munster Championship Kerry.

We don't know what animal Tipp are in an All-ireland business end of things yet...

Tipp are making great strides - but, underage football is not senior football. This will take a lot more time. Kerry do not enjoy prolific success in the underage brackets but they do enjoy prolific success in producing senior inter county players who win senior all-irelands...

Yes, but Kerry are a different animal come August. Totally different beast is All-Ireland series Kerry to Munster Championship Kerry.

We don't know what animal Tipp are in an All-ireland business end of things yet...

Tipp are making great strides - but, underage football is not senior football. This will take a lot more time. Kerry do not enjoy prolific success in the underage brackets but they do enjoy prolific success in producing senior inter county players who win senior all-irelands...

A fair summarisation and today moreso proves your point. That said i think we are moving in the right direction and that gap is closing. For it to close further though i think we need to obtain promotions.

I personally wouldnt consider Kerry as the best in ireland though to be honest and thats not a slight on them. They are a fine team with some delightful players. Huge fan of the Gooch. One of the real legends of the game and seems a real likeable guy. As for Kerry probably having another gear they are a bit like Italy in the soccer in the sense that they wont go all out to put a so called lesser side to the sword in the same way they would display their superiority against their own peers. They never doubted themselves today although i do think they realise that we are progressing and it wll become even harder to beat us in the future.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Another area that has to improve is Club Football , the League and some competitions are very bad . Again like Hurling there is a big imbalance in some of the Divisions . West and Mid intermediate are straight Finals . Of the 6 Munster Counties our Football League is a shambles compared to the others . It can be seen in the Munster Club Championships every year where we haven`t come within a sniff of winning at any level in recent times . Fethard came close at Senior in 2001 but we haven`t been anywhere near since . Kilkenny have way better Club Football structures than us ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Bubbles a doubt for the game Sunday according to a report on the 42 website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Another area that has to improve is Club Football, the League and some competitions are very bad. Again like Hurling there is a big imbalance in some of the Divisions. West and Mid intermediate are straight Finals. Of the 6 Munster Counties our Football League is a shambles compared to the others. It can be seen in the Munster Club Championships every year where we havent come within a sniff of winning at any level in recent times. Fethard came close at Senior in 2001 but we havent been anywhere near since. Kilkenny have way better Club Football structures than us!!!
    How would you improve club football?
    What would you do to make the football league not be a "shambles"?

• Advertisement

How would you improve club football?
    What would you do to make the football league not be a "shambles"?

Look Numbnuts , I refer you to Post #1211 ;) !

Dear Lost Sheep,

How would you improve your posts without turning every poster's comments/statements into a question?

thanking you,

E.T.

That would be a significant blow...

Wonder if John McGrath is fit enough to play... big ask for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dear Lost Sheep,

How would you improve your posts without turning every poster's comments/statements into a question?
    Spirit posted his thoughts on what he feels should be done and I asked how he would do it. What is wrong with that?
    What would you do to help improve gaelic in the county? The football league is poor and how its treated by clubs etc.
    Allowing a proper structure be in place which gives clubs several games in the championship and those games are played on a regular basis and hurling competitions cant be used as a means to hurt the goings on of the football championship...

Heard that George got 3 stitches but his Groin is in a bad way , could be out for a while . Also heard his Oul Lad gave the Ref a right Rollicking at half time, and George had a go at the Ref when it was over . . . . . Hon George , my new Hero :D . . .

• Advertisement

Look Numbnuts , I refer you to Post #1211 ;) !

Is there any need for the name calling now?

Is there any need for the name calling now?

Mod edit

Heard that George got 3 stitches but his Groin is in a bad way , could be out for a while . Also heard his Oul Lad gave the Ref a right Rollicking at half time, and George had a go at the Ref when it was over . . . . . Hon George , my new Hero :D . . .

And on that note, the ref was an utter disgrace yesterday. And as if nodding to the days of the gestapo, the media and the managers are now bound to silence. The officials are all apparently doing a great job and must not be criticised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tipparetops

the most important thing for tipp this year was to be promoted to division 2.
    They missed out to to Cavan and Fermanagh.
    tipp will never realistically challenge for munster until they get into Div. 1.

the most important thing for tipp this year was to be promoted to division 2.
    They missed out to to Cavan and Fermanagh.
    tipp will never realistically challenge for munster until they get into Div. 1.

Id agree completely. There needs to be a huge push for promotion next year. Id go as far as saying it should be the main aim due to being the most realistic aim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

the most important thing for tipp this year was to be promoted to division 2. They missed out to to Cavan and Fermanagh.

Just for the record it was Armagh and Fermanagh!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Id agree completely. There needs to be a huge push for promotion next year. Id go as far as saying it should be the main aim due to being the most realistic aim

Exactly, look at tipp and armagh yesterday.
    Poor performances but at least Armagh are Division 2 next year.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Just for the record it was Armagh and Fermanagh!

forgot it was Armagh.
    Was at game yesterday and some of the shooting was criminal and Kerry were not going full out either.
    did not expect a win, but did not expect go out with a whimper.

forgot it was Armagh.
    Was at game yesterday and some of the shooting was criminal and Kerry were not going full out either.

I accept Kerry could have probably asserted themselves with more intent then they did and really rub the salt in but i feel we turned over quite alot of possession, had a number of goal chances and drove alot of wides. Our marking was poor but i wouldnt question our attitude. We went out to win but our belief drained very early on in the second half.

7 games prior to the championship against top opposition would make a world of difference. It would give us much more experience and a much better indication of where we are at in terms of long term improvement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Spirit of 67 banned for a week for personal abuse

This goes for all posters, if you can't discuss this topic in line with forum charter and the rules of boards then you will be banned from here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

forgot it was Armagh.

They certainly didn`t go out with a whimper ! Playing at a higher level and a bit more experience will bring them on further .

forgot it was Armagh.

They certainly didn`t go out with a whimper ! Playing at a higher level and a bit more experience will bring them on further .

Yes they did, that second half was very poor considering the hype around the team.
    But Kerry are All Ireland Champs so there is no real shame in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bubbles O Dwyer is a doubt for next Sundays game,bad news leading into such a big game.

See previous page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

tippspur wrote: »
    Bubbles O Dwyer is a doubt for next Sundays game,bad news leading into such a big game.

What happened to him? Massive loss of he's not at 100%.

ankle - suffered at training camp - injury extent is not know at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

ankle - suffered at training camp - injury extent is not know at present

EOS will be in big trouble if we lose on Sunday. So many voices have been against this camp. Injuries and fatigue being the main causes of concern.

Maybe...

I don't think so though...- it's his last year so no pressure really. It is what it is, at this stage. Win or Bust, it's clear for him. By that, I mean the ALL-IRELAND. I doubt he cares what anyone thinks at this stage.

Limerick are a great price for this game - at home, won the last two years, have a win under their belt, brain galvin reffing it, tipp have a few injuries and lads only coming back from injuries. Noelie, bubbles, and barrett - don't know how fit bergin or cahill are...

Found Lynch - the kind of class in the corner they've been missing. They've a few players coming back in after the clare game...

The injury happened at a Camp at Carton House...could have happened anywhere.

If the performance of most teams are anything to go by - the first game of championship is never smooth for a team. Tipp will have to tackle that - Limerick have already blown out the cobwebs. The time for form is August and September. So, I hope tipp scrape it - don't care whether its the worst game of all time, as long as they pip it.

I want to see tactical awareness from O'Shea - that he has learned how to deal with Limerick at this stage. I also want to see clever use of substitutes. If not O'Shea has failed to developed in game management - if he can't come to terms with Limerick how can he come to terms with KK. That's a question that remains open....

All is not lost if Tipp lose - as there is the back door - but, I think it would be a backward step for O'Shea and this team if Limerick beat them 3 times in a row. That's not to dismiss Limerick, Tipp have a huge dog-rough game on their hands this weekend

• Advertisement

Yes they did, that second half was very poor considering the hype around the team.
    But Kerry are All Ireland Champs so there is no real shame in it.

I think it was a combination of Kerry tightening up with their marking (which was dreadful the first 10 mins) and ourselves not having the experience in how to alter our own gameplan

In a battle between Conor Sweeney and Cillian O'Connor there is little to separate the two barring experience and big game confidence. In my opinion, O'Connor would have buried that chance Sweeney had. Thats the difference between the preparation between the elite and the so called lesser teams. We just havent that experience. In one way we can take alot from the Ulster teams and in particular Donegal. They were in a similar state to ourselves before Jimmy took over and he transformed the mindset and preparation of the camp. Michael Murphy may have never realised his full potential barring the setup that was built around him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement