Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Tipp v Kilmallock -Darren,S.Maher,Butler,OBrien,R.Maher,C.OMahony,P.Maher,Stapleton,Woodie,G.Ryan,Brendan,S.Maher,D.Butler,Callanan,Forde

Senior Hurling Challenge (2nd half,43 min) Tipperary 2-15 Kilmallock 2-15

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

via: @TipperaryGAA
    Senior Hurling Challenge Tipperary 5-20 Kilmallock 2-18 (FT)

Clean Ireland Recycling County Under 21 A Hurling Final Result - Loughmore-Castleiney 1-8 Kildangan 0-10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 chunkylover95

Was at it. Thought Kildangan were the better team, unlucky to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Who is the likely keeper for the footballers likely to be in the league (and the championship) ?

Thinking of throwing some money on the footballers for promotion but I'd be worried about what the options are like as regards your keeper. I think it will be between yourself and Clare for the 2nd promotion spot [can't see Armagh not going up with their squad]

From what I saw of Tipp last year Fitzgerald's time was definitely up but if he was being picked on merit I'd have concerns about the quality of the understudy.

Any insights on offer?

What performances stood out?

For Loughmore John Meagher was very strong at centre back, looking forward to see him play county. Bill O Connell was good too at midfield just out of minor. Kildangans best was Alan Flynn at full back did a serious job on both McGraths, was a good game especially for this time of year.

Was Jack Loughnane or Tadhg Gallagher playing?

• Advertisement

ya both had fine games, loughnane was midfield gallagher in the half forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would be expecting good things from the Tipp U/21 team this year,they weren't far off Clare last year and a lot of that team is still under age.

Isn't a lot of that Clare and Wexford teams back again?

tippspur wrote: »
    I would be expecting good things from the Tipp U/21 team this year,they weren't far off Clare last year and a lot of that team is still under age.

Its the minor winning class of 2012 too. We should go hard on it

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Who is the likely keeper for the footballers likely to be in the league (and the championship) ?

Thinking of throwing some money on the footballers for promotion but I'd be worried about what the options are like as regards your keeper. I think it will be between yourself and Clare for the 2nd promotion spot [can't see Armagh not going up with their squad]

From what I saw of Tipp last year Fitzgerald's time was definitely up but if he was being picked on merit I'd have concerns about the quality of the understudy.

Any insights on offer?

Colin Nugent , Ardfinnan ( same Football Club as Brendan Cummins , hopefully a good omen ) is the new #1 , Inexperienced at this level but is decent . Evan Comerford ( Kilsheelan ) , Minor All Ireland winner is the reserve ! Matthew O`Donnell ( Killenaule ) was understudy to Fitzgerald but had a disaster v Wicklow last year in the League conceding 3 Goals in added time in what was our only defeat in the League , he got a rare chance and blew it !
    Armagh should go up , really looking forward to playing them on Sunday in Crossmaglen , unfortunately can`t go . We have really good forwards , so I`m confident we will go up with them .

must be loaded to be able to do that haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Any mention of the Tipp team for Sunday.
    1 game this year is hardly serous preperation

Paddico wrote: »
    Any mention of the Tipp team for Sunday.
    1 game this year is hardly serous preperation

Well it`s one more competitive game than this time last year with the McGrath Boycott and look at how that turned out ! Been plenty of Friendlies though . Team won`t be announced until after training tomorrow night or Friday .

• Advertisement

any news where the hurlers are playing this week?anybody making the trek north for the football?

buggy beag wrote: »
    any news where the hurlers are playing this week?anybody making the trek north for the football?

Bus going to Armagh on Sunday starting in Cahir at 8.30 , Horse & Jockey at 9am , Thurles at 9.10 . Call Michael Power Thurles 0863789323

are the hurlers playing this weekend lads do any of ye know?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

they are playing a fundraiser against waterford in Fraher Field at 7.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Interesting that its done over 4 evenings. Wonder what level that qualifies you to referee at and how do they assess what level you can referee and move between grades...

Wouldn't do it as do enough refereeing in other sports and don't like how referees are treated/respected in hurling/GAA.

Well, it says its a foundation course....so I'd doubt it qualifies anyone for very much - maybe an introduction that might lead to a better course...

How does referee respect contrast in GAA?

• Advertisement

Think UL have what it takes to go all the way in that. From yesterdays starting 15 there were 6 tipp players starting which is fairl good : maher in goals, forde, john mcgrath, brian stapleton as well as daire quinn and tommy heffernan from nenagh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement