Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

So as far as you're concerned everything is Hunky Dory?
    BTW a little less of the 'b0II0X' stuff, OK pal.

Who said everything was hunky dory? Do you admit that your claim that we are constantly losing All Irelands was completely off the wall, pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

danganabu wrote: »
    Who said everything was hunky dory? Do you admit that your claim that we are constantly losing All Irelands was completely off the wall, pal?

I really have no wish to get into a childish 'mine is bigger than yours' debate with you. You obviously think everything is grand whereas I think losing on a regular basis to Kilkenny is unacceptable.

I really have no wish to get into a childish 'mine is bigger than yours' debate with you.

What are you on about? You made a claim, a statement of fact and it has been argued against, you refuse to either back it up or withdraw your claim and are now applying diversion tactics. Stop trying to change the subject and deal with the issue at hand please, pal!

What are you on about? You made a claim, a statement of fact and it has been argued against, you refuse to either back it up or withdraw your claim and are now applying diversion tactics. Stop trying to change the subject and deal with the issue at hand please, pal!

Sigh! Why do I get drawn into this h0rsesh1t. Anyway, between 2009 and 2014 Tipp have played Kilkenny 16 times, league and championship. Kilkenny have won 12, Tipp have won 3, 1 draw. Maybe you know something that I don't(and I doubt that very much), but do you see that as an indication that perhaps our attitude might be a tad ar$eways?

Sigh! Why do I get drawn into this h0rsesh1t. Anyway, between 2009 and 2014 Tipp have played Kilkenny 16 times, league and championship. Kilkenny have won 12, Tipp have won 3, 1 draw. Maybe you know something that I don't(and I doubt that very much), but do you see that as an indication that perhaps our attitude might be a tad ar$eways?

You have no intention of getting in to a childish debate and then throw in that comment in brackets :rolleyes: Good one, your a real hero!

So i see that league games are being included now to back up your claim that we are contantly losing AI Finals, bizzare to say the least but seing that you want to go down that route can you please point out to me who has a better record than us against KK???

Did it ever even cross your mind that perhaps, just perhaps we lost the afore mentioned 4 AI finals becasue the other team were simply better?? I know it can be a very hard thing for some Tipp supporters to accept but you know we don't actually have a god given right to win the AI every year. This mentatlity that still lingers from the glory days of the 60's is a bit embarrassing at this stage, tradition is a help but ultimately wins nothing, see the current and impending crisis in Cork hurling for evidence of a real problem, I would hazard a guess that a few of our Cork bretherern would welcome your perceived first world problems.

You sit there behind you're keyboard and question the attitude and application of the Tipperary Senior Hurlers if you like, but I for one won't join in, or let you peddle bare face lies as fact.

Of the minor, U21 and Senior competitions that Tipperary entered in 2015 we have won three provincail titles and reached the AI semis in 4 out of the 6 and we still have keyboard warriors like yourself questioning their attitudes and mental approach, says it all really.

• Advertisement

You have no intention of getting in to a childish debate and then throw in that comment in brackets :rolleyes: Good one, your a real hero!

So i see that league games are being included now to back up your claim that we are contantly losing AI Finals, bizzare to say the least but seing that you want to go down that route can you please point out to me who has a better record than us against KK???

Did it ever even cross your mind that perhaps, just perhaps we lost the afore mentioned 4 AI finals becasue the other team were simply better?? I know it can be a very hard thing for some Tipp supporters to accept but you know we don't actually have a god given right to win the AI every year. This mentatlity that still lingers from the glory days of the 60's is a bit embarrassing at this stage, tradition is a help but ultimately wins nothing, see the current and impending crisis in Cork hurling for evidence of a real problem, I would hazard a guess that a few of our Cork bretherern would welcome your perceived first world problems.

You sit there behind you're keyboard and question the attitude and application of the Tipperary Senior Hurlers if you like, but I for one won't join in, or let you peddle bare face lies as fact.

Of the minor, U21 and Senior competitions that Tipperary entered in 2015 we have won three provincail titles and reached the AI semis in 4 out of the 6 and we still have keyboard warriors like yourself questioning their attitudes and mental approach, says it all really.

ZZZZzzzzz....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

OK if it's not because of a lack of winning attitude then why are they constantly losing all ireland finals? Are they not good enough?

Clearly not good enough but it seems more popular in Tipp prefer to slate players for lack of heart and hunger, rather than admit the Kilkenny team of the last 5 or 6 years is more talented than ours.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Clearly not good enough but it seems more popular in Tipp prefer to slate players for lack of heart and hunger, rather than admit the Kilkenny team of the last 5 or 6 years is more talented than ours.

Fair enough so, if you think we're not good enough so be it. I just happen to think we seem to have acceted that second best is acceptable and it's not in my opinion.

ZZZZzzzzz....

Your debating skills are top drawer, if only our hurlers were as talented :D

Fair enough so, if you think we're not good enough so be it. I just happen to think we seem to have acceted that second best is acceptable and it's not in my opinion.

Nobody does but it's outside our area of control, unless you're a panel member or part of the management team of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

So if you took over managing the team after last year ai defeat what would you have done differently. We have played 2 championship games this year and won both, we are in the semis via the direct route. Theres no point thinking any further than Galway at the minute, maybe Waterford will beat KK who knows? Lets just take it game by game!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

What is the record of Cork/Clare/Limerick/Offaly/Dublin/Waterford against Kilkenny between 2009 and 2014 as our record percentage wise is about the same or better than a lot of those counties named yet we are along with Clare the only counties to win an all Ireland apart from Kilkenny in that time frame?
    That we haven't won much against Kilkenny in this time isn't great but it doesn't mean our attitude is wrong it may simply mean we have been beaten by a better side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What is the record of Cork/Clare/Limerick/Offaly/Dublin/Waterford against Kilkenny between 2009 and 2014 as our record percentage wise is about the same or better than a lot of those counties named yet we are along with Clare the only counties to win an all Ireland apart from Kilkenny in that time frame?
    That we haven't won much against Kilkenny in this time isn't great but it doesn't mean our attitude is wrong it may simply mean we have been beaten by a better side.

ah but you see in dan's world kk beat us because they've a better attitude whereas the rest lose because they're not good enough;)

Well if you take last year as an example, we drew the all Ireland after a great game so you can't say that Kilkenny were somehow a far superior team as some seem to think. We were horsed out of it by Kilkenny ,they smothered/blocked/harassed us all over the place in the replay and won. Thats attitude. Same thing in '09, we were in fact superior to Kilkenny in general play yet we lost that game also(we of course put the blame for that defeat down to a bad penalty decision with 15min to go) That's attitude. I;m not making these comments to belittle Tipp, I have followed them through thick & thin down the years but I have seen us lose too many matches that we should have won and I am getting a bit sick of the excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Question lads, does anyone know how to get wheelchair access tickets for the Semi-final? I don't mean to interfere in the danbreen vs everyone else "debate" but I have a friend who's dying to go and I've no idea how to get wc acess tickets. Cheers folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

GerB40 wrote: »
    Question lads, does anyone know how to get wheelchair access tickets for the Semi-final? I don't mean to interfere in the danbreen vs everyone else "debate" but I have a friend who's dying to go and I've no idea how to get wc acess tickets. Cheers folks...

If I was you I would ring croke Park.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well if you take last year as an example, we drew the all Ireland after a great game so you can't say that Kilkenny were somehow a far superior team as some seem to think. We were horsed out of it by Kilkenny ,they smothered/blocked/harassed us all over the place in the replay and won. Thats attitude. Same thing in '09, we were in fact superior to Kilkenny in general play yet we lost that game also(we of course put the blame for that defeat down to a bad penalty decision with 15min to go) That's attitude. I;m not making these comments to belittle Tipp, I have followed them through thick & thin down the years but I have seen us lose too many matches that we should have won and I am getting a bit sick of the excuses.

"I am a getting a bit sick of the excuses" The sense of entitlement in this statement is great. The penalty in 09 was given with 8 minutes to go not 15, nothing to do with attitude, just a bad referee.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    "I am a getting a bit sick of the excuses" The sense of entitlement in this statement is great. The penalty in 09 was given with 8 minutes to go not 15, nothingarrow-10x10.png to do with attitude, just a bad referee.

Did we have a 'bad referee' in 11,12( I still blush thinking of that game) ,13 & 14? It has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement, it has everything to do with attitude.

Question lads, does anyone know how to get wheelchair access ticketsarrow-10x10.png for the Semi-final? I don't mean to interfere in the danbreen vs everyone else "debate" but I have a friend who's dying to go and I've no idea how to get wc acess tickets. Cheers folks...

Walk into your local Topaz garage, look at the sign on the counter that says 'semi final tickets for sale' , ask the fella at the counter. If he asks 'any petrol or diesel' just say 'I asked you first' .

Walk into your local Topaz garage, look at the sign on the counter that says 'semi final tickets for sale' , ask the fella at the counter. If he asks 'any petrol or diesel' just say 'I asked you first' .

That's definitely an interesting strategy Dan, if it works I'll buy you a pint on the way to Croke park :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Ring Croke Park and the county board. Either should sort you out.

Tomorrow's game will be interesting. I've met a few lads who were at the munster final. Said they hope Kk win Sunday due to the way w'ford play-like soccer!

There's a lot of talk of kk fwds being able to win their own ball- which is true. Wonder how they'll get on with the loaded defence wford play with.

Regarding ourselves, I don't think anyone here is running away with themselves thinking we're certain to get past Galway. I'm certain the players/mgmt will be on their toes. Last years qualifier against them was in the melting pot for a fair while.

Regarding last years all irelands, We were in a low place after the loss to Limerick following on from the defeats in 2013. The first all ireland was a cracker and the team had improved so much the supporters were delighted. I guess most supporters didn't wanna come down too hard on the team for loosing the replay because of that?

However, Kk were able to up the intensity/performance and we never looked like winning which is a concern. The changes they made in the half back line swung it. I think they're stronger this year bar the loss of mick fennelly.

Ring Croke Park and the county board. Either should sort you out.

Yeah I've gotten in contact with Croke Park, just waiting for a reply now.. Cheers folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Dublin V Mayo in the All Ireland Semi Final of Sunday 30th. August.

Tipperary V Kildare Minors in the curtain raiser

Great for our Minor Footballers, to be playing in Croke Park on the day of one full house at least and hopefully on All Ireland Final Day as well, :)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

digzy wrote: »
    Tomorrow's game will be interesting. I've met a few lads who were at the munster final. Said they hope Kk win Sunday due to the way w'ford play-like soccer!

There's a lot of talk of kk fwds being able to win their own ball- which is true. Wonder how they'll get on with the loaded defence wford play with.

Regarding ourselves, I don't think anyone here is running away with themselves thinking we're certain to get past Galway. I'm certain the players/mgmt will be on their toes. Last years qualifier against them was in the melting pot for a fair while.

Regarding last years all irelands, We were in a low place after the loss to Limerick following on from the defeats in 2013. The first all ireland was a cracker and the team had improved so much the supporters were delighted. I guess most supporters didn't wanna come down too hard on the team for loosing the replay because of that?

However, Kk were able to up the intensity/performance and we never looked like winning which is a concern. The changes they made in the half back line swung it. I think they're stronger this year bar the loss of mick fennelly.
    I just couldn't bring myself to shout for KK tomorrow,but I definitely do not want the Blahs to win.

If we are to get to the final I'd prefer to face Kilkenny. There would be no fear of complacency and the desire to beat them must be almost overwhelming at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I would have thought most tipp fans would want a Waterford win today. I couldn't deal with another all Ireland Final loss to kk.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If we are to get to the final I'd prefer to face Kilkenny. There would be no fear of complacency and the desire to beat them must be almost overwhelming at this stage.

Sure you can't win so! We don't have the right 'attitude' to beat Kilkenny and we're too 'complacent' to beat Galway or Waterford ;)

If we are to get to the final I'd prefer to face Kilkenny

Tbf I'd love to beat kk in a final. We've been beaten so many times by then. So sick of the fcukers. Obviously an all Ireland would be great but there'd be something special beating the cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

digzy wrote: »
    Tbf I'd love to beat kk in a final. We've been beaten so many times by then. So sick of the fcukers. Obviously an all Ireland would be great but there'd be something special beating the cats.
    Spot on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement