Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tipperary v Limerick : Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash); Alan Campbell (Moyle Rovers), Paddy Codd (Killenaule), Andrew Morrissey (Galtee Rovers); Seamus Kennedy (Commercials), Peter Acheson (Moyle Rovers), Donagh Leahy (Arravale Rovers); Colin O’Riordan (J K Brackens), Stephen O’Brien (Ballina); George Hannigan (Shannon Rovers), Barry Grogan (Aherlow), Brian Fox (Eire Óg Annacarty); Conor Sweeney (Ballyporeen), Michael Quinlivan (Commercials), Ian Fahey (Commercials)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Apparently the ground is hardened after the recent cold weather. I suppose it necessitate the need for undersoil heating in the future.

Or a bit of tarpaulin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Reidy could be developing into the bit of class Limerick have been lacking:

http://www.the42.ie/ul-fitzgibbon-cup-ucc-1922902-Feb2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

O.k. the Tipp game tomorrow was originally fixed for Thurles but on Thursday the venue was changed to Templetouhy due to the frost . Now I see on The Friends of Tipperary Football Facebook Page the game is now gone back to Thurles ! Can see a good scatter of people turning up in Templetouhy tomorrow unaware of the change :confused: !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

O.k. the Tipp game tomorrow was originally fixed for Thurles but on Thursday the venue was changed to Templetouhy due to the frost . Now I see on The Friends of Tipperary Football Facebook Page the game is now gone back to Thurles ! Can see a good scatter of people turning up in Templetouhy tomorrow unaware of the change :confused: !

Thanks, I would have been one of them. Delighted it is in on in Thurles.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Tipperary 0-08 Limerick 0-00

Tipperary 1-14 Limerick 1-02 result

Tipperary 1-14 Limerick 1-02 result

Had their foot of the pedal in the second half , could have really destroyed Limerick had they upped their game !

Sad day for Limerick football. Great for the Tipp boys to bounce back in fine style after last week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some win. Just going by Limerick's win over Sligo last summer I thought they could be a very difficult match-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Any challenge matches planned for the Footballers in the mean time?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Some win. Just going by Limerick's win over Sligo last summer I thought they could be a very difficult match-up.

Barry Grogan was very good yesterday playing in a half back role , we went with 5 Forwards and he dropped back to help out the Defence , great work rate , that surprised me for 60 minutes and then he was replaced . Also noticeable how much stronger the younger Players are to look at , must have hit the Gym hard over the Winter .
    Strange to see nobody from the County Champions for the last 2 years on the Panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Paddico wrote: »
    Any challenge matches planned for the Footballers in the mean time?
    No friendlies lined up anywhere AFAIK so I assume not
    Barry Grogan was very good yesterday playing in a half back role, we went with 5 Forwards and he dropped back to help out the Defence, great work rate, that surprised me for 60 minutes and then he was replaced. Also noticeable how much stronger the younger Players are to look at, must have hit the Gym hard over the Winter.
    Strange to see nobody from the County Champions for the last 2 years on the Panel.
    I suppose it is a bit strange but from Loughmore would you expect to be involved?

No friendlies lined up anywhere AFAIK so I assume not
    I suppose it is a bit strange but from Loughmore would you expect to be involved?

John Meagher anyway , kept Barry Grogan quiet a couple of years ago in the County Final , Liam McGrath also . There will be Friendlies played between now any the Fermanagh game , most of these take place behind closed doors .

Are Meagher and McGrath just with the hurlers now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Paddico

Jesus McGrath is very important for the u-21's this year. Hope he's released for that competition at least

I'm not saying they are. But, I thought an another poster had suggested it was the case with Meagher. Which I think is a good thing for him - that he concentrates on one. Due to the amount of games Loughmore play in football and hurling, then duties with various other grades...his body has suffered. Liam McGrath has had his fair share of injuries too...

better care needs to taken of our younger stars - they play a lot - between underage, colleges, club and inter county. Whether its football or hurling - maybe the should be asked to decide at minor or when entering under 21 to make a decision - or should the players be allowed do whatever they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Of course GAA is demanding on young stars but it is not an Extreme Sport. In all cases the player must be King or Queen ( keep in mind that there are many ladies playing our games ) and not forced into making an early decision. Most people in the county would love to see Tipperary as a dual county and it would be great overall if that was the case.

This challenge of dual players should be worked out with tolerance and patience and arrogance should play no part in the matter.

Maybe it's time we had a dual players committee?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

How are ye lads looking for Sunday ?

Strong 15 ? I assume some are still tied with the colleges .

We haven't been good lately unable to beat a poor Galway team last weekend .

However Parnell Park is a tough place to go

• Advertisement

I don`t follow the hurling but I reckon they might have been given a break seeing as their Season just finished due to the fixture pile up !

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Will Curran play full back for ye on Sunday with Barry out? Dublin have a near full strength team and are still experimenting, they'll miss Michael Carton who is banned for a few weeks but otherwise they should be quite strong. Danny Sutcliffe is a handful nowadays and Keaney, Paul Ryan + some newbies have good form. I fancy Tipp to win but could be close, Dubs hard to beat in league in Parnell Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Will Curran play full back for ye on Sunday with Barry out? Dublin have a near full strength team and are still experimenting, they'll miss Michael Carton who is banned for a few weeks but otherwise they should be quite strong. Danny Sutcliffe is a handful nowadays and Keaney, Paul Ryan + some newbies have good form. I fancy Tipp to win but could be close, Dubs hard to beat in league in Parnell Park.

Carton is not suspended . Only applies to the Walsh Cup

Meagher did feature in the waterford cup?

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/westside-column-february-14th-2015/
    possible team selection...

at least three of the backline from the all ireland final missing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,563 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

50% off all Skoda branded Tipp GAA gear now on the official website. Obviously new sponsorship incoming. Nice prices here on the jackets etc though.

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Pity the young hurler of the year form last year is out, what a delight to watch that guy is. He cleaned Shefflin, Horgan, Walter Walsh and many others out of it last year. Any idea for how long he is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

any idea who the new sponsors are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dublin V Tipperary live on TG4 Sunday @ 2 O Clock...looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

buggy beag wrote: »
    any idea who the new sponsors are?
    Elverys/intersport

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement