Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

tippspur wrote: »
    Some amount of ground hurling in that,more like Hockey back in them days by the looks of that clip.

I thought the same myself. Almost like watching a different game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Who do ye fancy for the Dan Breen? The bookies seem to have it between Sars and Drom, hard to argue with that especially with Loughmore gone. I don't think there's anything in the North good enough to win it anyway.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Who do ye fancy for the Dan Breen? The bookies seem to have it between Sars and Drom, hard to argue with that especially with Loughmore gone. I don't think there's anything in the North good enough to win it anyway.

Could Kilruane be a dark horse? Or even their opponents the Brackens who are improving steadily?

Ill agree its hard to see past Drom and Sars though. Clonoulty are still there but their decline has been staggering. What did you think of the 'byes' in the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Could kildangan cause an upset or 2 along the way?

Could Kilruane be a dark horse? Or even their opponents the Brackens who are improving steadily?

Ill agree its hard to see past Drom and Sars though. Clonoulty are still there but their decline has been staggering. What did you think of the 'byes' in the draw?

How did them byes come about and why did Drom and Clonoulty get them?

• Advertisement

buggy beag wrote: »

They probably lack the forwards needed to win the county, Darragh Egan and Michael Ryan won't be suited to playing in Semple Stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Kilruane have no chance and lack the winning mentality to ever win anything, all the ability in the world and produced as much talent as any club and have nothing to show for it, real lack of leaders in their team.

Please god :D Have already beaten Thurles and won their second North Title in 3 years so the next logical step is to capture Dan Breen!
    They probably lack the forwards needed to win the county, Darragh Egan and Michael Ryan won't be suited to playing in Semple Stadium.

5 of our starting 6 forwards have played intercounty hurling I wouldn't see the forwards as something that will hold them back and over the past year or two all Kildangan's best performances have come in Dolla and Cloughjordan the two biggest fields in North Tipp, Egan is a big man but he is a very clever hurler and well able to find space. Our Full back line would be my major concern, certainly not the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Just seen the highlights of Tipp vs Galway on TG4.
    Alan Tynana is some star in the making, whether its football, hurling or Rugby

danganabu wrote:
    5 of our starting 6 forwards have played intercounty hurling I wouldn't see the forwards as something that will hold them back and over the past year or two all Kildangan's best performances have come in Dolla and Cloughjordan the two biggest fields in North Tipp, Egan is a big man but he is a very clever hurler and well able to find space. Our Full back line would be my major concern, certainly not the forwards.

Could you name them please?sorry now just dont know a massive amount about the club scene so any lil tidbits are most welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Could you name them please?sorry now just dont know a massive amount about the club scene so any lil tidbits are most welcome:)
    I'm not from kildangan and haven't seen them this year but I'll have a guess. Michael Ryan and darragh egan have played at all levels. Willie connors was wing forward this years u21s tadgh and Joe gallagher and ruari gleeson have played minor and u21 in recent years. Could be missing one there.

• Advertisement

I'm not from kildangan and haven't seen them this year but I'll have a guess. Michael Ryan and darragh egan have played at all levels. Willie connors was wing forward this years u21s tadgh and Joe gallagher and ruari gleeson have played minor and u21 in recent years. Could be missing one there.

Cheers lad heard of michael ryan and darragh egan and seen tadgh gallagher playing at some stage.cant picture the other lads.was darragh egan playing on goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Cheers lad heard of michael ryan and darragh egan and seen tadgh gallagher playing at some stage.cant picture the other lads.was darragh egan playing on goals?

Darragh was in goals last 2 years and the start of this year but has since re-located to centre forward and made a huge difference, we have a very young team and his experience and physicality have made a massive difference.

Our 6 forwards are Daragh Egan, Michael Ryan, Willie Connors, Tadgh Galllagher, Rauiri Gleeson and Paul Flynn - Flynn is the only one not to play for Tipp but he was part of the Tipp U21 panel this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

The Tipperary Minor Football team to play Kildare in the All-Ireland Minor Football Semi-Final on Sunday has been announced.

Manager Charlie McGeever has made no changes to the side that defeated Galway in the quarter-final.

Tipperary (MFC v Kildare): Charlie Manton; Tadhg Fitzgerald, Jack Skehan, Tommy Lowry; Danny Owens, Liam Fahy, Emmett Moloney; Jack Kennedy, Tommy Nolan; Aidan Buckley, Alan Tynan, Colin English; Ross Peters, Brian McGrath, Brendan Martin

How did them byes come about and why did Drom and Clonoulty get them?

Havent a clue. Think they just drew them out of two bowls and Clonoulty and Drom were the last names picked. Utterly ludicrous. Half arsed and badly planned as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Newport beat Ballinahinch in North I'mediate final 1-17 to 1-14 tonight.
    Hopefully by about 2020 we'll have 2 proper North championships again as senior has too many clubs and intermediate too few....

Bit of a row in the Cahill Cup between Holycross and Drom tonight, straight red for Callanan, will he miss their next County Championship game now??

Rasputin11 wrote:
    Bit of a row in the Cahill Cup between Holycross and Drom tonight, straight red for Callanan, will he miss their next County Championship game now??

Is it banned for a month or next game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck to the minor footballers tomorrow,I would love to see them reach the AI final.

tippspur wrote: »
    Best of luck to the minor footballers tomorrow,I would love to see them reach the AI final.

Really looking forward to this game.

Although im less enthusiastic with the prospect of Tommy Carr taking over the seniors next year.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/tommy-carr-tops-list-as-tipperary-begin-search-for-new-manager-350963.html

Now that Jason Ryan is free id be inclined to sound him out. id even consider make a management team out of Tommy Twomey and Davy Power before id let Carr anywhere near that team.

id definately sound out Pat Gilroy to see could he even take an advisory role though. Very underrated manager with his stint with Dublin. They may have never got to where they were today only for the structures he put in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Come on the premier

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Two great goal chances missed in the first half will probably come back to haunt.

Kildare look the better team around the middle, winning most of the kick outs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A solid win. The lads showed great character there playing with 14 men.

We'll have to be far more clinical in the final though, Kerry won't let us win by missing those golden chances for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Hon the minors, won that one the hard way!

Tipp minors are 13/8 I'll be having myself some of that.

Didn't make it easy but an excellent second half performance proved decisive. Great to see Quirke back. Two minor finals to look forward to. Great stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Congratulations to the minors

Didn't make it easy but an excellent second half performance proved decisive. Great to see Quirke back. Two minor finals to look forward to. Great stuff.

Super performance. What leadership Quirke showed to take that point late on. A collossus of a man and still only 18.

Congratulations to the minors! Good win, dug it out when a few chances didn't go their way. Impressive.

I don't think Tommy Carr is a good idea...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/tommy-carr-tops-list-as-tipperary-begin-search-for-new-manager-350963.html

Congratulations to the minors! Good win, dug it out when a few chances didn't go their way. Impressive.

I don't think Tommy Carr is a good idea...

Fairly poor record tbh. I think there is better coaches who would bring more to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Super performance. What leadership Quirke showed to take that point late on. A collossus of a man and still only 18.
    Well he would have to be to be playing minor....:)

.... Seriously though. Great win. Final will be tricky. As long as we can go in with a full squad, no injuries, we have a great shot at a title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

id definately sound out Pat Gilroy to see could he even take an advisory role though. Very underrated manager with his stint with Dublin. They may have never got to where they were today only for the structures he put in place.

I can guarantee you contacting pat gilroy is like p1ssing against the wind..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement