Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

digzy wrote: »
    I can guarantee you contacting pat gilroy is like p1ssing against the wind..

If he says no then grand we wont imprision him against his own will but if we dont ask the question then we'll never know the answer.

What id like to see is that the powers that be are serious about bringing Tipperary football forward, getting the best minds in the game and showing some ambition for a change. Getting Carr would be akin to getting Johnny Evans back (in fact id prefer the latter tbh).

It would signify a step backwards. His track record is woeful and he has been out of the game years and i find him very antagonistic as a pundit to be honest.

Well he would have to be to be playing minor....:)

.... Seriously though. Great win. Final will be tricky. As long as we can go in with a full squad, no injuries, we have a great shot at a title.

No he could be 17 or 16 too :)

But what i really mean is that he plays with such maturity and strength. I was a big fan of his older brother who while being a tall lad he is a different sort of player. Philip is a very elegant baller but Stephen is more of an aggressive powerhouse type of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

If he says no then grand we wont imprision him against his own will but if we dont ask the question then we'll never know the answer.

What id like to see is that the powers that be are serious about bringing Tipperary football forward, getting the best minds in the game and showing some ambition for a change. Getting Carr would be akin to getting Johnny Evans back (in fact id prefer the latter tbh).

It would signify a step backwards. His track record is woeful and he has been out of the game years and i find him very antagonistic as a pundit to be honest.

if you knew anything about pat gilroy you'd know the answer before you start typing!

he's job aint the usual teacher/garda/sales rep etc... he left the dublin job due to work commitments. The guy makes serious twine....
    He aint sacrificing that to drive down to tipp to coach a 3rd tier (at best) football team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

No he could be 17 or 16 too :)

But what i really mean is that he plays with such maturity and strength. I was a big fan of his older brother who while being a tall lad he is a different sort of player. Philip is a very elegant baller but Stephen is more of an aggressive powerhouse type of player.
    You got me there:D
    I knew what you meant and I agree. He is the guy you will see doing the hard carries etc ....

if you knew anything about pat gilroy you'd know the answer before you start typing!

he's job aint the usual teacher/garda/sales rep etc... he left the dublin job due to work commitments. The guy makes serious twine....
    He aint sacrificing that to drive down to tipp to coach a 3rd tier (at best) football team

To be honest i have no idea what he works at so you got me there. There is surely better then Tommy Carr out there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

There's a lot better than Carr out there...

Jack O'Connor!!!

Serious after the final final whistle slap here:

https://vine.co/v/eI6vrbF0JXM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

There's a lot better than Carr out there...

Jack O'Connor!!!

https://vine.co/v/eI6vrbF0JXM

It's very rare to see that ****e going on after the whistle blows. Didn't see it in real time but he took some slap and was dazed enough looking for a while after. Tbf when you're prepared to dish it out you've to expect some back.

Sorry lads.....jack o Connor? Jim Carey had a better chance of getting off with yer wan in dumb and dumber!

He wouldn't get near her with that type of attitude anyway! It's all about confidence!!!

Mary Swanson...

We should be approaching the best - regardless

It's very rare to see that ****e going on after the whistle blows. Didn't see it in real time but he took some slap and was dazed enough looking for a while after. Tbf when you're prepared to dish it out you've to expect some back.

Sorry lads.....jack o Connor? Jim Carey had a better chance of getting off with yer wan in dumb and dumber!

So your telling me theres a chance?????

YEEEAHHHHHHH!!!! :D

He wouldn't get near her with that type of attitude anyway! It's all about confidence!!!

Mary Swanson...

We should be approaching the best - regardless

Exactly, and if i was an ambitious coach a project such as Tipperary would be very appealing to me. Id advocate at least getting a top coach in an advisory role. Even if it was someone you could pick up the phone and just ask their advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Be the jaysus tipp lad started it kildare lad definitely finished it haha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

i think some big names would be sceptical of taking us on atm. In 3 years time we will have a lot of lads at their peak and will be a serious team with the lads who were minor today at an age where they can be serious contributors.

A home grown talent to keep everyone on the right path might be ideal. A big gun coming in now might lead to unrealistic expectations for next year.

That being said, I think we're more than capable of beating Cork and putting it up to Kerry next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win for the Tipp minor footballers today,should have been an easier win if we took all our goal chances though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think someone mentioned 1955 since we've had two minor teams in the final. Some achievement

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Think someone mentioned 1955 since we've had two minor teams in the final. Some achievement

Tis indeed according to Wikipedia
    Beat Galway in the hurling 5-15 to 2-05, hope its a good omen for next week :D

its a healthy situation we have in Tipperary and i just cant wait to see these lads unleashed at Senior level. I must admit its a very empty feeling not having an all ireland 'senior' final to look forward to and im just aching for 2016 to come. Sometimes disappointment makes you long more for hurling then victory.

If I was to hazard a guess - it will be at least 3 to 5 years before we see All-Ireland final again. We have to gut the team, I think. Midfield and half forward forward line - sub options - rejigging to be done... - a lot of work ahead to produced players and squad - there's a great base there to build on but has to be built on - won't happen over night...

If I was to hazard a guess - it will be at least 3 to 5 years before we see All-Ireland final again. We have to gut the team, I think. Midfield and half forward forward line - sub options - rejigging to be done... - a lot of work ahead to produced players and squad - there's a great base there to build on but has to be built on - won't happen over night...

3-5 years?? :eek: Jeez things surely arent that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any of ye following Lar on twitter?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lar's gone all The Wire meets The Terminator!!!! Must be hard to see your business stolen from like that though

• Advertisement

Let's say Galway get better - they should - have unearthed some real gems.

Let's KK stay at their current level. Waterford will be better...

We have to rebuild? Or do we stay the same? Where are going to pull a new midfield partnership that's going to out do KK? Or wing forwards? Or wing backs that can handle the Galway or KK wing forwards...

These players don't happen overnight... - I don't think 3 to 5 years is that long...

Are we suddenly going to unearth 3 to 4 players who are going to start pulling up trees without learning their trade at the highest level? All the better if we do... - There's a huge job to be done - to pick these guys up even. Another devastating result - five years in a row...Hard losses... - that can damage a player - why am I doing this? Is it worth it...start cutting corners...

Mick Ryan has a huge job on his hands - as far as I can see

Let's say Galway get better - they should - have unearthed some real gems.

Let's KK stay at their current level. Waterford will be better...

We have to rebuild? Or do we stay the same? Where are going to pull a new midfield partnership that's going to out do KK? Or wing forwards? Or wing backs that can handle the Galway or KK wing forwards...

These players don't happen overnight... - I don't think 3 to 5 years is that long...

Are we suddenly going to unearth 3 to 4 players who are going to start pulling up trees without learning their trade at the highest level? All the better if we do... - There's a huge job to be done - to pick these guys up even. Another devastating result - five years in a row...Hard losses... - that can damage a player - why am I doing this? Is it worth it...start cutting corners...

Mick Ryan has a huge job on his hands - as far as I can see

All fair points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Next round of the SHC being run off the weekend after next, Nenagh Roscrea on the Friday and the remaining games on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Next round of the SHC being run off the weekend after next, Nenagh Roscrea on the Friday and the remaining games on the Sunday.

And a double header fixed for Toom :rolleyes:

The North Board, quite correctly, deemed two years ago that Toom was not suitable for Double Headers as the stand is too small and there is fcuk all parking but the County Board decide to fix a double header there and Dolla sitting idle the same weekend, the mind boggles!

danganabu wrote: »
    And a double header fixed for Toom :rolleyes:

The North Board, quite correctly, deemed two years ago that Toom was not suitable for Double Headers as the stand is too small and there is fcuk all parking but the County Board decide to fix a double header there and Dolla sitting idle the same weekend, the mind boggles!

Pretty brainless stuff alright, Toome is definitely only suitable for a single fixture. Even fixing the Nenagh game for 6 on a Friday evening seems a strange call. I can't see why they couldn't have left it until the Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Pretty brainless stuff alright, Toome is definitely only suitable for a single fixture. Even fixing the Nenagh game for 6 on a Friday evening seems a strange call. I can't see why they couldn't have left it until the Saturday.

Tipp minor footballers requested that it be played on Friday, Tynan will be part of the Roscrea team.

danganabu wrote: »
    Tipp minor footballers requested that it be played on Friday, Tynan will be part of the Roscrea team.

Fair enough then, a strong chance it'll be his last game for Roscrea seniors for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

11.09.15 (Fri)

Nenagh Éire Óg V Roscrea
    Time: 6 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Moneygall
    Referee: TBC

13.09.15 (Sun)

Cumann Cill Naile CLG V Portroe
    Time: 2 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: The Ragg

Kilruane Mac Donaghs V JK Brackens
    Time: 2 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Toomevara

Éire Óg Anacarty/Donohill V Lorrha
    Time: 3 30 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: The Ragg

Kildangan V Upperchurch-Drombane
    Time: 3 30 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Toomevara

Thurles Sarsfields V Cathail S Ciocam
    Time: 6 00 PM (E.T. Available) , Venue: Leahy Park Cashel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Fairly poor record tbh. I think there is better coaches who would bring more to the job.

I'm not sure about Tommy Carr either. Does anyone know what he has been doing sporting wise since left Dublin management?

I think David Power is still a bit too young though he's doing ok at Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

From the examiner
    "The Tipperary Football Board this week set up a high-powered committee"

Anyone know who or what this is
    I presume its just another committee name for GAA bú11sh1tters in general.

With language like that I bet John Delaney is shíttín himself.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement