Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Joyce along with Walter Walsh some years back would have attended Good Counsel in New Ross which is a very good football school.

Their star player this year was a chap called Thomas o'connor from Tullogher-Rosbercon (Walter country) who has signed for Southampton recently. There is definately some excellent footballers in Kilkenny but in terms of being ambitious enough to form a competitive side the interest just isnt there because fears are that it would be at the expense of the hurling and looking at the dual player issue i see their point tbh

Kilkenny Football play their Leagues ( very well structured ) and Championship starting at the end of January and ending around the end of April , Senior Final was delayed a bit this year and only played a couple of weeks ago , won by Railyard GFC ! Nearly all Clubs take part , reckon they see it as good fitness for the start of the Hurley there . Would like to see us play our Football Leagues early in the year like they do , might be more interest and competitive !

There's only one way to find out! If Byrne can play, Fogarty can manage. Playing would be a much bigger 'crime'. The abuse wasn't that bad! It's not soccer! Yet, Fogarty might think this might be might last chance to be involved in a prominent senior set up with a chance of glory. He always wanted to manage KK but that chance is slipping away from him...Involved with Westmeath at the moment...

But, at the very least, someone like that should be asked to look at our underage structures...

We'll have to agree to disagree as otherwise we are going around in circles but i actually am optimistic about the managerial talent we have on our own doorstep. Liam Cahill for one done a fabolous job with our minors this year regardless of the final result because we really should have lost to Waterford but we didnt and ground out some impressive results along the route to the final.
    Our last ten minutes of each game up to the final was particularly impressive in terms of the maturity we showed in our performance. Michael Ryan is also worth consideration as is Brian Horgan or Willie Maher.

I rate Fogarty a top coach the same as you but to be honest i think some of our own lads deserve a crack at it.

Kilkenny Football play their Leagues ( very well structured ) and Championship starting at the end of January and ending around the end of April , Senior Final was delayed a bit this year and only played a couple of weeks ago , won by Railyard GFC ! Nearly all Clubs take part , reckon they see it as good fitness for the start of the Hurley there . Would like to see us play our Football Leagues early in the year like they do , might be more interest and competitive !

Bad pitches though? Could be possible slogfests. We need to reduce the senior clubs in football too for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Shouldn't we keep Cahill developing talent? And let him try and sort out the structures here then? Seen as he seems to have a vision of what should be done?

Shouldn't we keep Cahill developing talent? And let him try and sort out the structures here then? Seen as he seems to have a vision of what should be done?

Fair point. Willie Maher perhaps so? Or Noel Morris?

• Advertisement

Bad pitches though? Could be possible slogfests. We need to reduce the senior clubs in football too for a start.

Absolutely regarding reducing Clubs . Reckon most Pitches are maintained to a decent standard and would handle it .

Absolutely regarding reducing Clubs . Reckon most Pitches are maintained to a decent standard and would handle it .

Except the pitch fethard were expected to play moycarkey on last year to preserve their senior status :p

Except the pitch fethard were expected to play moycarkey on last year to preserve their senior status :p

Ballyneale , only needed a trim :D .

http://www.joe.ie/sport/pic-look-at-how-long-the-grass-is-on-this-gaa-pitch-in-tipperary-where-a-relegation-play-off-was-scheduled-at-the-weekend/476383

As predicted , a cracker in The Mid Senior Football Final , 15 minutes into the Second Half , Drom 2-6 - Loughmore 1-11 , Drom down to 14 men though !

Drom score a goal from a penalty , last kick of the game , Drom 3-8 - Loughmore 1-14 , gone to Extra Time . Callanan superb , Woodlock , Nolan and Bergin playing very well for Drom also !

• Advertisement

FT : Loughmore 1-16 - Drom 3-9 . Great game , bit of a ding dong between Noel McGrath and Callanan near the end !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

FT : Loughmore 1-16 - Drom 3-9 . Great game , bit of a ding dong between Noel McGrath and Callanan near the end !

Now Spirit I hope it was a good game of Hurling !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Xenophile wrote: »
    Now Spirit I hope it was a good game of Hurling !

Gee! was it football?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

The Blatant push is still galling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhU_kT1tgZY

No, it was HURLEY!!!!!!!

Xenophile wrote: »
    Gee! was it football?

Lol ill be honest i had to double check myself. You'd be forgiven for making that error at first glance. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

It was obvious it was football, only a minority sport like that could have their showpiece match of a wednesday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship Preliminary Quarter Final Fixtures
    Friday September 11th
    Nenagh Eire Og v Roscrea at 6pm in Moneygall

Sunday September 13th
    Killenaule v Portroe at 2pm in The Ragg
    Kilruane MacDonaghs v JK Brackens at 2pm in Toomevara
    Kildangan v Upperchurch/Drombane at 3:30pm in Toomevara
    Eire Og Annacarty v Lorrha at 3:30pm in The Ragg
    Thurles Sarsfields v Mullinahone at 6pm in Leahy Park Cashel
    Byes for Drom & Inch and Clonoulty/Rossmore

Any predictions for these games this weekend??

Tipperary Senior Hurling Championship Preliminary Quarter Final Fixtures
    Friday September 11th
    Nenagh Eire Og v Roscrea at 6pm in Moneygall

Sunday September 13th
    Killenaule v Portroe at 2pm in The Ragg
    Kilruane MacDonaghs v JK Brackens at 2pm in Toomevara
    Kildangan v Upperchurch/Drombane at 3:30pm in Toomevara
    Eire Og Annacarty v Lorrha at 3:30pm in The Ragg
    Thurles Sarsfields v Mullinahone at 6pm in Leahy Park Cashel
    Byes for Drom & Inch and Clonoulty/Rossmore

Any predictions for these games this weekend??
    I would actually give Roscrea a great chance of causing a major upset, Nenagh are struggling and Ros have a good young team.
    Killenaule should have enough class for Port but it won't be easy, Port's FB line is their weaklink and if Bubbles gets enough supply should do enough.
    Kilruane have all their injured players back including Buggy, Brackens are missing Riordan so Kilruane should win.
    Kildangan will be favourites and the battle between Egan and Barry will be key, Barry is the playmaker for Church and everything good they do comes through him, he will have his hands full with Egan.
    Eire og should be too strong for Lorrha, again the key battle will be Conor O'Brien v Bonner, if O'Brien does any way well Eire og should win.
    Sars will have too much for Mullinahone if the heads are right.

danganabu wrote: »
    It was obvious it was football, only a minority sport like that could have their showpiece match of a wednesday night :D

Ah you`re back , ran away when I proved to you that Colin chose Football this year over Hurley ;) .

Football is Played at a serious level by 31 Counties on the Island , look at the Provincial Championships straight forward compared to the Hurley Championship , lets take Leinster , all over the place with a Connacht County and an Ulster County :rolleyes: ! It is the way it is because of it`s minority status , like it or not Football is more popular ;) !

Great to see the likes of Seamus Callinan , James Woodlock and Noel McGrath taking pride in playing Football for their Clubs , don`t need a Troll like you trying to make a mockery of their efforts !

• Advertisement

Roscrea v Nenagh postponed and refixed for Sunday @ 1pm - Bereavment in the Roscrea club.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Enda McEvoy:

Tactical Strike

Five years ago Brian Cody said he did not spend his time analysing the opposition's pros and cons, but a few harsh lessons have changed his way of thinking

Mod snit to remove entire article.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

i was talking to a guy today and he was saying to me that declan carr and declan ryan are in line to form part of micheal ryans backroom team,did anyone else hear this? i know all right carr got tipp to the u21 all ireland final in 08 and should of beaten kilkenny on the day,what would he be like to bring tipp foward? and maybe after declan ryan been involved for two years might be able to grasp the situation better, he did win two munsters and got to a final and maybe if they had to hurl against kilkenny in the 12 final instead of using that stupid tactic who knows they might of bet kilkenny

Tipperary’s Seamus Callanan wants more championship game-time

Friday, September 11, 2015

By John Fogarty
    GAA Correspondent
    Seamus Callanan is refusing to blame a five-week break for Tipperary’s demise to Galway last month - but would like to be playing more championship matches.

For the 10th season in a row, the Munster champions failed to claim the All-Ireland title as the provincial council are already looking into cutting the gap between the Munster final and their champions’ All-Ireland semi-final.

With the All-Ireland SHC structure remaining untouched, quarter-finals for provincial winners are unlikely to be introduced but Callanan would like to have more outings.

“We only had three games this year and we had a five-week break there and you’re trying to play club games, you’re trying to do everything to cut down the time. Yeah, I wouldn’t like the break. I wouldn’t think it was the losing of the game for us. I wouldn’t blame it in that regard but players want to play games. I definitely think we should be getting more games.
    Mod snip to remove entire article.

I think it's a real indication of the style of hurling Ryan wants to play - if it's true he wants Carr and Declan. Two huge men who played hard and direct.

Declan had Tipp play a direct style.

I wonder how Brendan Maher would feel about Declan Ryan returning - if it's true - and Seamie...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Seamie was giving out about the penalty situation in one of the papers this morning as well.do you think the gaa will review it again or leave it as it is?he was also saying he probably had mild concussion taking it and that he still has stiffness and headaches

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

I think it's a real indication of the style of hurling Ryan wants to play - if it's true he wants Carr and Declan. Two huge men who played hard and direct.

Declan had Tipp play a direct style.

I wonder how Brendan Maher would feel about Declan Ryan returning - if it's true - and Seamie...

i remember declan ryan playing,he was as tough as you could get and he is the type of player this team is crying out for at the moment,i never saw declan carr play what was he like on the field? And would there be issues in regards declan seamie and brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

primary 2 wrote: »
    i was talking to a guy today and he was saying to me that declan carr and declan ryan are in line to form part of micheal ryans backroom team,did anyone else hear this? i know all right carr got tipp to the u21 all ireland final in 08 and should of beaten kilkenny on the day,what would he be like to bring tipp foward? and maybe after declan ryan been involved for two years might be able to grasp the situation better, he did win two munsters and got to a final and maybe if they had to hurl against kilkenny in the 12 final instead of using that stupid tactic who knows they might of bet kilkenny

I'd be shocked if Declan got involved with that team again. Tbf you've to take a lot of the stories with a pinch of salt but from what I hear he'd his hands full with them over the 2 years.. Wouldn't be surprised to see Carr involved though..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Please don't quote entire articles as this is in breach of Irish copyright law, if you find something online you'd like to share feel free to share the link and the first couple of articles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Never knew we had a moderator ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement