Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

Who won between Nenagh and Roscrea?

I think it's a real indication of the style of hurling Ryan wants to play - if it's true he wants Carr and Declan. Two huge men who played hard and direct.

Declan had Tipp play a direct style.

I wonder how Brendan Maher would feel about Declan Ryan returning - if it's true - and Seamie...

Declan Ryan who managed a team where our most potent scoring threat followed Tommy Walsh round the field?

Carr is useless too.Had a very good u21 team and only managed 1 lucky Munster in 2008 and got a hiding from Waterford the following year.

Massive step backwards but it seems to be our thing these times

buggy beag wrote: »
    Seamie was giving out about the penalty situation in one of the papers this morning as well.do you think the gaa will review it again or leave it as it is?he was also saying he probably had mild concussion taking it and that he still has stiffness and headaches

He should have left it to Bubbles

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Who won between Nenagh and Roscrea?

Wasn`t played , someone dead in Burgoo , on Sunday now instead . Week before the Football Final , hopefully Tynan is o.k afterwards !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Nobody knows if it's true or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Clareman wrote: »
    Folks,

Please don't quote entire articles as this is in breach of Irish copyright law, if you find something online you'd like to share feel free to share the link and the first couple of articles.

What's et gonna post now .....:rolleyes:

Nobody knows if it's true or not.

Pray to god it isn't. Jeez s sudden invasion of the mediocre Carr's to contend with

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pray to god it isn't. Jeez s sudden invasion of the mediocre Carr's to contend with

Nothing mediocre about Declan Carr! Where are you getting that nonsense from?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Imagine Declan managing the hurlers and Tommy managing the footballers :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Imagine Declan managing the hurlers and Tommy managing the footballers :)

Please Allah , if you`re really up there , don`t let this happen :( !

• Advertisement

Nothing mediocre about Declan Carr! Where are you getting that nonsense from?

The job he done with the u21 team a couple of years ago. Lucky Munster win in 2008 and hammered by Waterford in 2009. A team that had noel, seamie, Padraig Maher, bonnar, Brendan on it

I had heard that Carr placed huge emphasis on fitness too when they should have been working on their touch

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

And that touch is really missing today.

The Carrs couldn't manage a Centra...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The Carrs couldn't manage a Centra...

Come on ,be fair, they were great in or around the Centra of the field !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Come on ,be fair, they were great in or around the Centra of the field !

ba dum....tish.... :D

As Westside predicted, we are left to rue what could have been for our u21s. We had the foot on Limericks throat back in July but just didnt have it in us to lean harder.

Time for change. Mick Ryan and management team (whoever they may be) as well as the underage management teams really need to sit down and ask themselves, 'How can we maximise what we have next year?' Look at Kerry in the football for example. Dublin looked like an absolute juggernaut in 2014 and it was difficult to see anything other then the back to back. Kerry werent one bit fazed and simply dont do defeatist attitudes. I find there is too much shoulder shrugging in this county after a defeat and not enough emphasis on adaptation and change.

It is interesting to see Kilkenny being lauded with praise for the way they went about things in the second half last sunday. While their workrate was admirable, as a spectacle the second half was simply atrocious to watch. Make no mistake, it was a far cry from the Kilkenny team who relentessly crushed Waterford and Limerick back in 07 and 08. No rhythm to last Sundays second half and no flow but Brian Cody, his players and his followers wont mind one bit and why should they? Interestingly, Waterford had a similar pattern to their game this year and were derided for being overly systematic about their approach. Kilkenny are currently what Waterford eventually hope to aspire to be and the difference is that Kilkenny had more men to score.

And a lot better players...

Tipp SHC Preliminary Quarter Final Thurles Sarsfields 3-16 Mullinahone 0-8 (HT)

Lanigan, Pa, and Lar (Robocop) with the goals

Annacarthy beat lorrha and kildangan beat upperchurch also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Annacarthy beat lorrha and kildangan beat upperchurch also.

Was at Mullinahone v Sars. Sars had the wind on their backs the first half but really made it count. Their use of the ball was far more slicker tbf. Mullinahone to their credit kept at them even when it was a lost cause.

Ref far too over zealous on the whistle.

Portroe ko'd Killenaule AET i believe with Kevin O'halloran very good on the frees (familiar?). Kilruane also beat the O'Riordanless Brackens by 12 points I believe.

When is the battle of the big North Tipp towns going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Was at Mullinahone v Sars. Sars had the wind on their backs the first half but really made it count. Their use of the ball was far more slicker tbf. Mullinahone to their credit kept at them even when it was a lost cause.

Ref far too over zealous on the whistle.

Portroe ko'd Killenaule AET i believe with Kevin O'halloran very good on the frees (familiar?). Kilruane also beat the O'Riordanless Brackens by 12 points I believe.

When is the battle of the big North Tipp towns going ahead?

If you mean Nenagh vs Roscre, Nenagh won 1-21 to 0-10 I believe

Ompala wrote: »
    If you mean Nenagh vs Roscre, Nenagh won 1-21 to 0-10 I believe

Oh did it go ahead the following day then?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Oh did it go ahead the following day then?

Was played today in Moneygall

Last 8 so

Portroe
    Sars
    Nenagh
    Drom/Inch
    Kilruane
    Annacarthy
    Kildangan
    Clonoulty

No south team left which is a terrible situation for the division.

Mate of mine was describing a farcial situation in the intermediate championship the other night owing to a lack of a scoreboard in Dr Morris Park where Gortnahoe were playing St Marys. Most of the crowd had Gortnahoe winning by 4 points but when the ref was asked for confirmation he had Marys winning by 2 so it would appear that the ref was giving some of the scores to the wrong team.

In the year 2015, this really isnt good enough.

Junior hurling A the weekend

St Patricks hammered Ballylooby 6-19 to 16 pts in the South final
    In the North final, Knockshegowna beat Roscrea

Any idea who is in the west and mid deciders at junior a level?

Last 8 so

Portroe
    Sars
    Nenagh
    Drom/Inch
    Kilruane
    Annacarthy
    Kildangan
    Clonoulty

No south team left which is a terrible situation for the division.

Mate of mine was describing a farcial situation in the intermediate championship the other night owing to a lack of a scoreboard in Dr Morris Park where Gortnahoe were playing St Marys. Most of the crowd had Gortnahoe winning by 4 points but when the ref was asked for confirmation he had Marys winning by 2 so it would appear that the ref was giving some of the scores to the wrong team.

In the year 2015, this really isnt good enough.

Surprised no one has been on yet to blame it on the Football !

Surprised no one has been on yet to blame it on the Football !

If the cat has kittens its all footballs fault :pac:

I dont believe in blaming any particular code for the failings of another to be honest and the recent "burn all the hurleys" comment of Gerry McEntee up in Meath just shows the clueless out of date fascists that run GAA today if thats the best solution they can come up with. I certainly wouldnt advocate a 'puncture all the footballs' policy within this county. I prefer hurling but i support the footballers whenever i can and wish them the absolute best of success in the future.

i think its fair to say that a balance has to be found though with the two codes. Lads have to make a decision akin to the same way that Jack Grealish the soccer player must make a decision on whether to play for Ireland or England, lads really should be making a decision on whether to pick hurling or football at least prior to entering Senior and ideally prior to entering u21.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Junior hurling A the weekend

St Patricks hammered Ballylooby 6-19 to 16 pts in the South final
    In the North final, Knockshegowna beat Roscrea

Any idea who is in the west and mid deciders at junior a level?
    Jaysus that South match was some miss match,wasn't expecting that hammering.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement