Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

tippspur wrote: »
    Jaysus that South match was some miss match,wasn't expecting that hammering.

Pats have been knocking on that door this year. Good age profile. Aidan Buckley is a decent enough hurler but he hasn't played at all for them this year so he'd be a big addition as would Seany Horan who emigrated some years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Drom v Kildangan
    Sars v Clonoulty
    Nenagh v Portroe
    Kilruane v Anacarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

danganabu wrote: »
    Drom v Kildangan
    Sars v Clonoulty
    Nenagh v Portroe
    Kilruane v Anacarthy

I'm going to say Drom, sars, nenagh and kilruane all to win.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Senior Football Premlim Quarter Final :

Aherlow v T MacDonaghs

Loughmore v Kilsheelan

Cahir v Galtee Rovers

Killenaule bye .

Senior Football Premlim Quarter Final :

Aherlow v T MacDonaghs

Loughmore v Kilsheelan

Cahir v Galtee Rovers

Killenaule bye .

So who else is in the quarter stage awaiting the preliminary winners?
    Commercials? Moyle Rovers?

The new Tipperary GAA website is beyond atrocious for obtaining fixtures and results. The last one was slow to navigate but at least it was functional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

The new Tipperary GAA website is beyond atrocious for obtaining fixtures and results. The last one was slow to navigate but at least it was functional.
    Eire Og, Arravale, Moyle Rovers, Commercials

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm going to say Drom, sars, nenagh and kilruane all to win.

When are you going to say it?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Saturday September 26th at Semple Stadium Thurles

Drom & Inch v Kildangan at 2pm
    Eire Og Annacarty v Kilruane MacDonaghs at 3:30pm

Sunday September 27th at Semple Stadium Thurles

Nenagh Eire Og v Portroe at 2pm
    Clonoulty-Rossmore v Thurles Sarsfields at 3:30pm

When are you going to say it?:D

Back to sleep Dan, good lad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

An absolute disgrace ! Intermediate football , South Tipp all over the place !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

While all the talk is going on about the Senior game, there is of course a small matter of a minor final to be played before hand.

Very quite on here about it yet but best of luck to Tipp minors on Sunday.

Two underage all Ireland finals in a year and Tipp going for a second minor all Ireland in 4 years.
    Not so bad for a 'weaker' county

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Not if, but after we beat Kerry on Sunday..................the homecoming celebrations should be held in Thurles, I hope these gallant young men get a better welcome home than our Minor Champions got in 2011.

I am sure they will, as football is now being played at a high standard right throughout the county!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Not if, but after we beat Kerry on Sunday..................the homecoming celebrations should be held in Thurles, I hope these gallant young men get a better welcome home than our Minor Champions got in 2011.

I am sure they will, as football is now being played at a high standard right throughout the county!

At intercounty level yes , Club Football is poor , proof will be when The Munster Club Championship comes around , hope I`m wrong but not confident this will be the year that a Tipp Club wins a Munster Club Championship . Had high hopes 2 years ago when Drom won the Tipp Junior that they would win Munster , beaten in the first round by a Limerick Club :rolleyes: !
    Waiting now for a certain Ape to ask " what would you do to improve etc etc " !

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

At intercounty level yes , Club Football is poor , proof will be when The Munster Club Championship comes around , hope I`m wrong but not confident this will be the year that a Tipp Club wins a Munster Club Championship . Had high hopes 2 years ago when Drom won the Tipp Junior that they would win Munster , beaten in the first round by a Limerick Club ! Waiting now for a certain Ape to ask " what would you do to improve etc etc " !

What would you do to improve it etc etc hehe:)😛

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

Were you at the 2011 homecoming? The whole of O Connell St, Gladstone St, Market St, Emmett Street and Parnell St in Clonmel were lined with people. I couldn't see that happening in Thurles.....

The minors had their homecoming in Thurles back in 2011? As is tradition with the minor hurlers they brought the cup home to the cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Were you at the 2011 homecoming? The whole of O Connell St, Gladstone St, Market St, Emmett Street and Parnell St in Clonmel were lined with people. I couldn't see that happening in Thurles.....

Thurles was the first stop, in 2011 Clonmel was so well represented that year seems to be a better spread from around the county this year.

Here is the line up of the 2011 winning team.

Tipperary: E Comerford, N O'Sullivan, J Meagher, C O'Sullivan, C O'Riordan, D Fitzelle, S Kennedy, S O'Brien, I Fahey, G Henry, J McGrath, B Maher (0-01), L McGrath (1-02, 0-01f), M Quinlivan (1-01, 1-00 pen), TJ Ryan.
    Subs: P Quirke (0-3) for J McGrath, C Kennedy (1-2, 0-2f) for Ryan, A McGuire for O’Riordan, J Lonergan for Henry, J Martin for Maher

Apart from anything else Thurles is very central with a motorway on each side of it. Thurles is where Borrisokane and Ballyporeeen easily meet.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Eddie Connolly RIP

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

In the true spirit of Connolly - a score for Eddie goes ahead tonight to celebrate Eddie's life

http://tipperary.gaa.ie/eddie-connolly-rip/

Tipperary GAA Press Release – Eddie Connolly RIP
    Friday, September 18th, 2015
    It is with great regret and sadness that we learned of the death of Eddie Connolly who sadly passed away last night peacefully at home with his family.
    Eddie was born on October 22nd, 1985 and played for the Loughmore Castleiney GAA club. Eddie won County and Munster Club Championship honours with Loughmore Castleiney in 2007.
    Eddie played for the Tipperary Under 21 Footballers in 2006 and was part of the Tipperary Senior Football panel in 2006 and 2007. In continuing his upward ascent Eddie finally arrived on the Tipperary Senior Hurling panel in 2011, making his National Hurling League debut against Offaly at corner-back in March 2011. Further success followed when Eddie captained Tipperary to Munster and All-Ireland Intermediate Hurling titles in 2012.
    In late 2013, Eddie was diagnosed with brain cancer. Since then he had been bravely and courageously battling to overcome his illness and had a terrific outlook on life and was undergoing a new form of cancer treatment in Spain.
    The Eddie Connolly Trust Fund was established to help fund this special cancer treatment for Eddie by organising a special “Night at the Dogs” for tonight, Friday September 18th at Thurles Greyhound Stadium.
    At the request of his family, tonight’s Eddie Connolly Trust Fund “Night at the Dogs” at Thurles Greyhound Stadium will still go ahead in a celebration of Eddie’s life as the GAA community of his native Loughmore Castleiney, Tipperary and further afield come together to honour and remember Eddie.
    In paying tribute to Eddie Connolly, Tipperary County Board Chairman Michael Bourke said, “When the light of life is extinguished in someone young it always strikes to the heart with immense pain and grief. With the passing of Eddie Connolly that pain and grief is more intensified because Eddie was determined to overcome this battle and get back to what he did and loved best, playing for his club and county.
    Eddie took to this his greatest test with the same determination and belief that he carried to the fields of play with Loughmore Castleiney and Tipperary, a true warrior in every sense of the word.
    On behalf of Tipperary County Board we extend our heartfelt condolences to his mother and father, Maureen and Jim, sisters and brothers, Niamh, Fiona, James and Gerard at this very difficult time.”
    Ar dheis De go raibh a anam
    Funeral arrangements to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Thurles was the first stop, in 2011 Clonmel was so well represented that year seems to be a better spread from around the county this year.

Here is the line up of the 2011 winning team.

Tipperary: E Comerford, N O'Sullivan, J Meagher, C O'Sullivan, C O'Riordan, D Fitzelle, S Kennedy, S O'Brien, I Fahey, G Henry, J McGrath, B Maher (0-01), L McGrath (1-02, 0-01f), M Quinlivan (1-01, 1-00 pen), TJ Ryan.
    Subs: P Quirke (0-3) for J McGrath, C Kennedy (1-2, 0-2f) for Ryan, A McGuire for O’Riordan, J Lonergan for Henry, J Martin for Maher

Apart from anything else Thurles is very central with a motorway on each side of it. Thurles is where Borrisokane and Ballyporeeen easily meet.

Is there a full squad of this years Tipperary team anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rest in Peace Eddie, condolences to his family, friends and the Loughmore club.

Didn't know the guy personally but am friendly with a number of Loughmore lads and a few of my club mates were part of the Intermediate team with Eddie that won the AI and each to a man had nothing but nice things to say about the man, a leader on the field and a warrior off it, Ar dheis de go raibh a anam usuail.

Very very saddened by the news of Eddie Connollys passing. I didn't know the guy personally but I was full of admiration for the bravery, courage, spirit and resilience shown in the face of adversity

May he rest in peace and my sincere condolences to the Connolly family

Right , this is the Team , hopefully another famous day for Tipperary GAA on Sunday , Tiobraid Arann Abu :) !

1. Charlie Manton (Fethard)
    2. Tadhg Fitzgerald (Moyle Rovers)
    3. Jack Skehan (Holycross Ballycahill)
    4. Tommy Lowry (Arravale Rovers)
    5. Danny Owens Capt. (Moyle Rovers)
    6. Liam Fahy (Rockwell Rovers)
    7. Emmet Moloney (Drom & Inch)
    8. Jack Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials)
    9. Tommy Nolan (Drom & Inch)
    10. Aidan Buckley (St. Patricks)
    11. Alan Tynan (Inane Rovers)
    12. Colin English (Fr. Sheehys)
    13. Stephen Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    14. Brian McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
    15. Brendan Martin (Kilsheelan Kilcash)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ready to hit the road to cheer on the minors today. Hopefully we get a bit of silverware to bring home!

Ready to hit the road to cheer on the minors today. Hopefully we get a bit of silverware to bring home!

Good stuff , enjoy the day .

Nothing to lose for the minors, hope they give it a good shot, nice to have some silverware, gwan Tipp.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

I know the minors will give it as good as they've got and that might be enough. They's done county very proud with their efforts this year (in both codes). Best of luck to all concerned

It's just the beginning of long careers for a lot of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement