Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Serious amount of wides.

That's what killed ye yesterday. Wtf happened Seamie. The f****r couldn't miss against us last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Every player has off days - most of the team had an off day yesterday...

This Tipp tends to do this at times - switch off...

But, Dublin had this fixture lined up from a long ways out - we knocked them out of both league and championship last year... - this was a big game for them...for us? no.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Hastings Cup Under 21 Football Shield Final : Tipp 0-8 Kerry 3-9 . Not a bad performance despite the score line , we were on top for a lot of the game . We were missing a good few of our better players due to Club under 21 games !

Well done to the Minors who beat Longford in the first round of the Leinster Minor Football League , interestingly in 2011 when we won the All Ireland we lost all 3 Leinster League games !

Tipperary hit 15 wides during the game but O’Shea believed better accuracy would come with more training and game-time.
    He said: “I don’t know why the ball goes wide sometimes, but we haven’t done an awful lot of hurling – we’re only training one day a week, on a Wednesday, so maybe it’s that.
    “We won’t panic yet, we’re disappointed, we wanted to win the game, we want to win every game, we’re not playing it down – but at the same time we have to go again. There’s another match next Sunday [against Galway] and that’s a good thing.”

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

would it be usual or unusual an intercounty team only training once a week this time of year?

• Advertisement

How many Leinster championships have they won between them in the last 16 years? Kilkenny have won 13 out of the last 16....

So i'd have to disagree with them...

KK have 17 out of the last 25, I think... - that's ridiculous...

I'm looking at this year's Leinster not the last 16 years. i think there's very little between the top Munster teams and the top Leinster teams. KK might be favourites for Leinster but that doesn't mean they won't be tested or even beaten.

buggy beag wrote: »
    would it be usual or unusual an intercounty team only training once a week this time of year?

Playing weekly league games permits very little training time. Lads are only recovering by the Wed. You want them fresh for the following weekend so there's no point training later in the week. I'd be surprised if lads aren't doing some training on their own though i.e. target practice for the forwards, ball wall for the backs etc.

The facts don't measure up to that - Kilkenny are in transition now - to an extent, not the same type of transition as most teams go through, as they still have a plethora of multiple All-Ireland winners in the team and squad.

You don't think that those 16 years of success does not give the rest of those counties baggage? Some of them are beaten before they take the field... - Dublin, Wexford, Galway, Offaly are not in the same league as KK - KK are going back by degrees - only because they've lost great players to retirement and old age - but it's not a case of these teams closing a gap with outstanding hurlers - both Wexford and Dublin are a long term project with outstanding young talents...

The toughest games KK got last year were from Tipp and Limerick? Yes?

College games this time of year is also a factor... - but it depends on where teams are - kk and tipp would be further back in their training because of the long seasons - club and inter county - they've just had...

Josh Keane looks to be a player?

• Advertisement

I liked Josh Keane as a hurler for the minors certainly. i can remember one ball going into a seemless dead end against Waterford down in Walsh park two years ago and Keane managed to outmuscle the defender before burying a goal. Looked a serious talent that night.

Bill Walsh who is a similar type of player has transferred to Mount Sion i see. May come back to haunt us if he links up with the Decie

True enough, but I was referring to his performance for the footballers last night....

That's a disaster about Bill Walsh - his striking is poor - but he is a hard worker who could catch a ball - a few seasons on the Tipp panel might have brought him on...but maybe not

As for yesterdays match while its never ideal to having travelled so far to witness such a poor performance, in the great scheme of things im not too concerned to be honest. I believe we'll be there at the business end of the year and i think we'll achieve the minimum objective at the very least which is to remain in the division

Cmon THE CATS
    Intelligent and witty, nice one, Bob! Best of luck with life!

Just after copping these posts :D Absolute classic reply ET.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Bill Walsh isn't next or near good enough for Tipp. Don't think there are to many in Swan shedding too many tears either....

Bill Walsh isn't next or near good enough for Tipp. Don't think there are to many in Swan shedding too many tears either....

His fielding ability is top notch though. I think there was a bit to work with there. Hard to really say whether a player is good enough or not consdering he is a young player. Perhaps there is more to his departure than we think

He was good enough for a good tipp under 21 team and tipp intermediates... - but i know he came late enough to the game - was there a question mark over him at swans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Up the Premier! New thread for 2015 officially opened
    Cmon THE CATS

Told you we should not open new threads each year!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

would he have to be living and working in waterford to move to mount sion? or to play for waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Is it really apt to be singling out young players for stick like this.
    I've never heard of this guy but it's not like he's paid for his sport so is it really fair to dismiss a young amateur player like this?

On a similar vein, one could argue that the inter county guys shouldn't be given such a hard time either. Personally, I see it reasonable to pass comment on established inter county guys who I imagine ain't too bothered within reason.
    However, I think it's a bit harsh being critical of under age lads.

• Advertisement

Strong Lad , really come on in the last couple of years , 0-6 was very good scoring against Kerry .

Well done to Colin O`Riordan and Liam Casey who won the All Ireland Freshers Football Final today with UCD !

He might stick to football?

He might stick to football?

I reckon it`s what he prefers .

Also well done to James Feehan from Killenaule who came on as a sub early in the Freshers game for UCD .

Forde is too much of a hurler for centre back in my opinion. To be honest, in a situation where we have Paidi, Brendan, O'Mahony and possibly also John Meagher i would hope that EOS wouldnt follow suit and consider him for there.

John Mcgrath had a decent enough game on Cillian Buckley I see.

There's no chance of Forde playing center for tipp senior there - he did captain tipp minors from center back though

John McGrath deserves an outing in the league as I said a few pages back. He's a man who has an intelligent approach to the game - he finds ways to make an impact - whether he has the strength and drive for senior inter-county remains to be seen.... there's only one way to find out. I'd say he has more to him than Denis Maher - in terms of shot selection and running...- he was on the bench against dublin

I see noel is not playing for UCD this year - i'm delighted - he could do with a long break - might re-energize him. He's still living in Dublin? Must be right pain going up and down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Strong Lad , really come on in the last couple of years , 0-6 was very good scoring against Kerry .

Well done to Colin O`Riordan and Liam Casey who won the All Ireland Freshers Football Final today with UCD !

Anybody know anything about some of the u-21’s that haven’t featured this year in any of the Hastings cup games yet. All 4 were underage in 2012
    Greg Henry?
    Colman Kennedy?
    Philip Quirke?
    Dylan Fitzelle?

Is Liam McGrath over age this year?

Paddico wrote: »
    Anybody know anything about some of the u-21’s that haven’t featured this year in any of the Hastings cup games yet. All 4 were underage in 2012
    Greg Henry?
    Colman Kennedy?
    Philip Quirke?
    Dylan Fitzelle?

Is Liam McGrath over age this year?

Reckon they are all overage , Philip Quirke was out with a long term problem with one of his Quads ( over a year ) , meant to be making a come back around now , serious player , 6`7" , he would be a great addition to the quality Forwards we already have !

• Advertisement

Reckon they are all overage , Philip Quirke was out with a long term problem with one of his Quads ( over a year ) , meant to be making a come back around now , serious player , 6`7" , he would be a great addition to the quality Forwards we already have !

Of all our minor footballers, after O'Riordan, Quirke is my favorite to watch. Such a skilful player with all the grace of a swan.

Henry has come on an awful lot. Goalman is still lethal...it was a hell of a minor team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement