Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Going into leinster would give us more competitive games, we could compete with everyone in that province bar Dublin. Ultimately in Munster we get one game then the inevitable defeat to kerry/Cork. Would make sense to move. Weren't our minors playing in leinster at one stage?

Christ , this Post is so ridiculous :rolleyes: ! Tipp played Waterford in the First round this year in Munster , there was an open draw for the Semis , we could have got Clare !

We , along with other Counties outside Leinster play in a Minor League Competition organised by The Leinster GAA in Spring , we never played in the Leinster Championship !

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Going into leinster would give us more competitive games, we could compete with everyone in that province bar Dublin. Ultimately in Munster we get one game then the inevitable defeat to kerry/Cork. Would make sense to move. Weren't our minors playing in leinster at one stage?

If province hopping was allowable in football, would the Connaught championship not be a better bet. Only Mayo ahead of you and if lucky a trip to New York every few years to visit and beat the expats.

An added plus would be that 2 Connaught teams in Division One and one on Division Two so the standard is higher than Leinster. Too many games in Leinster championship as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

kazamo wrote: »
    If province hopping was allowable in football, would the Connaught championship not be a better bet. Only Mayo ahead of you and if lucky a trip to New York every few years to visit and beat the expats.

An added plus would be that 2 Connaught teams in Division One and one on Division Two so the standard is higher than Leinster. Too many games in Leinster championship as it is.

Yeah but think we'd have the same problem, one maybe two games before being hammered, bit like sligo this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

[quote="Spirit of 67;97155024"

We , along with other Counties outside Leinster play in a Minor League Competition organised by The Leinster GAA in Spring , we never played in the Leinster Championship ![/quote]

Aye and it didn't do them any harm. You can't beat competitive games.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Result Drom Inch 5-13 Kildangan 1-15

• Advertisement

Result Kilruane McDonaghs 1-22 Eire Og Annacarty 1-14

Q-Final Result - Aherlow Gaels 3-14 Thomas MacDonaghs 3-4

Q-Final Result - Aherlow Gaels 3-14 Thomas MacDonaghs 3-4

That`s a Preliminary Quarter Final , Cahir v Galtee Rovers tomorrow in another , then we are down to the last eight . This could be the last we see of the McDonagh Combo !

You're right! But, I just hate the term 'Preliminary Quarter Final' - HATE IT!!!! Irrational! I know! I'm sorry, but I do hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Nenagh 27 potroe 1 12

• Advertisement

Sars 1 23 clonouty 1 14

The cream has well and truly risen to the top. Barring Loughmore who had a freak year similar to what Sars had in 2013, its hard to pick another team that would belong in that last four. No surprise that Kilruane are there. They were u21 champions a couple of years ago and suffered bad injuries to some top players like Fez and Buggy. Wouldnt begrudge them a title if they can pull it off.

Clonoulty looked so promising a couple of years ago. Possibly unlucky not to have landed the title in 2011. They fell down the ladder not long thereafter.

Was the draw made after the game

buggy beag wrote: »
    Was the draw made after the game

Tomorrow night id imagine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

The cream has well and truly risen to the top. Barring Loughmore who had a freak year similar to what Sars had in 2013, its hard to pick another team that would belong in that last four. No surprise that Kilruane are there. They were u21 champions a couple of years ago and suffered bad injuries to some top players like Fez and Buggy. Wouldnt begrudge them a title if they can pull it off.

Clonoulty looked so promising a couple of years ago. Possibly unlucky not to have landed the title in 2011. They fell down the ladder not long thereafter.

it would be great to see kilruane win it all right, how is seamus hennesy playing these times and is he still affected with injuries?

Tomorrow night id imagine?

Draw is on tomorrow evening as is the Senior Football Quarter final proper . Surprise today as last years beaten finalists Cahir were beaten by Galtee Rovers !

Tipperary Club SHC Team of the Week

1. Darren Gleeson (Portroe)
    2. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
    3. Liam Ryan (Drom & Inch)
    4. Ray Moloughney (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
    5. Alan Flynn (Kildangan)
    6. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    7. Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
    8. Conor Hammersley (Clonoulty Rossmore)
    9. Michael Heffernan (Nenagh Eire Og)
    10. Andrew Coffey (Nenagh Eire Og)
    11. Pa Bourke (Thurles Sarsfields)
    12. David Collins (Drom & Inch)
    13. Seamus Callanan Drom & Inch)
    14. Conor O’Brien (Eire Og Annacarty)
    15. Cian Darcy (Kilruane MacDonaghs)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

primary 2 wrote: »
    it would be great to see kilruane win it all right, how is seamus hennesy playing these times and is he still affected with injuries?

I wouldn't begrudge any club winning a county title but IMO Kilruane winning and getting more influence than they already have would be a disaster. Don't get me wrong you have to admire the administrative setup that they have and
    the committment to their club but we have seen way too many mediocre players getting on to Tipperary panels as a result of certain clubs influence. The last great Kilruane hurler was Len Gaynor back in the 60's but I would say we have seen a dozen or more average hurlers from that club get picked on Tipp teams.

Are you talking about the O'Meara brothers? or who?

Are you talking about the O'Meara brothers? or who?

I'm not singling out any individuals. All I am saying is that an average hurler from certain clubs has a better chance of getting on the panel than if he were from a club with less influence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I wouldn't begrudge any club winning a county title but IMO Kilruane winning and getting more influence than they already have would be a disaster. Don't get me wrong you have to admire the administrative setup that they have and
    the committment to their club but we have seen way too many mediocre players getting on to Tipperary panels as a result of certain clubs influence. The last great Kilruane hurler was Len Gaynor back in the 60's but I would say we have seen a dozen or more average hurlers from that club get picked on Tipp teams.
    :D:D funny man

Go on the Dan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

danganabu wrote: »
    :D:D funny man

Thing is it's not funny. Certain clubs have the influence to get players into the underage structure. After that they have a profile and start making the minor, under 21's panels etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Thing is it's not funny. Certain clubs have the influence to get players into the underage structure. After that they have a profile and start making the minor, under 21's panels etc.

Your talking rubbish, simple as.

Have a look through the clubs represented on this years minor team as an example.

Mark O'Leary was decent and Fez was very unlucky with injuries. I think Kilruane are a fine club. Would have a lot of respect for them

County Senior Football Quarter Final draw :

Arravale Rovers v Killenaule
    Moyle Rovers v Galtee Rovers
    Eire Og v Aherlow Gaels
    Clonmel Commercials v Loughmore/C

Was the hurling draw made?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Senior hurling
    Thurles Sarsfields v Kilruane MacDonaghs
    Drom & Inch v Nenagh Eire Og

Intermediate hurling
    Newport v Golden-Kilfeacle
    Thurles Sarsfields v St. Marys Clonmel or Cashel King Cormacs
    Lattin Cullen Gaels v Clonakenny
    Ballinahinch v Drom & Inch or Kilsheelan-Kilcash

Senior hurling Thurles Sarsfields v Kilruane MacDonaghs Drom & Inch v Nenagh Eire Og

All mid final or all north final best chance of having a good final:)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement