Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Mark O'Leary was decent and Fez was very unlucky with injuries. I think Kilruane are a fine club. Would have a lot of respect for them

I also think Kilruane are a fine club and have respect for them.

danganabu wrote: »
    Your talking rubbish, simple as.

Have a look through the clubs represented on this years minor team as an example.

Rubbish?,That's your opinion. It's pretty simple really. Go back through the years and look at the number of average hurlers from certain clubs that made it to Tipp panels. Do that and we will see then who's talking rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Burgess play a sweeper at under 16 level

The rot has well and truly started

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sweepers have been used for a long time it's only that they're being highlighted more. Against the better teams we always pulled a corner forward out around the midfield. Nothing wrong with it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Intermediate Football Semi`s :

Mullinahone v Upperchurch

Holycross v Clonmel Og .

Junior Football Quarter Final`s :

Newport v Gortnahoe/G

Thurles Sarsfields v Ballina .

Emly and Golden/K already through to the Semi`s , beat the 2 South Finalists .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Not at under 16 level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Rubbish?,That's your opinion. It's pretty simple really. Go back through the years and look at the number of average hurlers from certain clubs that made it to Tipp panels. Do that and we will see then who's talking rubbish.

Come on so name them please, if your going to make ludicrous claims at least have the courage of your convictions. And name all the players from lesser clubs who were overlooked on the basis of what club they came from while your at it.

I think if you're going to make claims like that you must back it up with evidence of average players and the clubs involved. Otherwise it's just a point without basis...

danganabu wrote: »
    Come on so name them please, if your going to make ludicrous claims at least have the courage of your convictions. And name all the players from lesser clubs who were overlooked on the basis of what club they came from while your at it.
    You know full well what would happen if I started naming players, some sensitive soul on here would report me to the mods and I'd be gone. If you have a serious interest in Tipperary hurling then you don't need me to give you a step by step guide.

Well then, focus on who should have been picked rather who was and didn't deserve it...

Name a few players at club level who were looked over, down the years?

• Advertisement

Well then, focus on who should have been picked rather who was and didn't deserve it...

Name a few players at club level who were looked over, down the years?

You're missing my point ET. I am not in a position to have knowledge of all players from Lorrha to Carrick on suir but I do know that certain clubs get their better players 'known' at a young age. They get them onto divisional underage panels, they build up a profile for them. BTW this is not a criticism, if all clubs were as committed as Kilruane we would be stronger as a county. The downside is that some of these players get onto senior panels and IMO were never really strong enough to be there. If anyone is still desperately looking for a name then I would suggest that Eamonn O'Shea is one example from that club. A lot of eyebrows were raised in North Tipp when he got picked for the county and subsequently he was a fringe player on a poor Dublin team. The reason I name him above others is that he has a high profile already and wouldn't be too pushed about any opinion that I might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

You're missing my point ET. I am not in a position to have knowledge of all players from Lorrha to Carrick on suir but I do know that certain clubs get their better players 'known' at a young age. They get them onto divisional underage panels, they build up a profile for them. BTW this is not a criticism, if all clubs were as committed as Kilruane we would be stronger as a county. The downside is that some of these players get onto senior panels and IMO were never really strong enough to be there. If anyone is still desperately looking for a name then I would suggest that Eamonn O'Shea is one example from that club. A lot of eyebrows were raised in North Tipp when he got picked for the county and subsequently he was a fringe player on a poor Dublin team. The reason I name him above others is that he has a high profile already and wouldn't be too pushed about any opinion that I might have.

Name the certain clubs you think get the breaks then dan?? Give us something to work with & you won't be reported for that surely.

Kilruane obviously but who else?

Maybe, those clubs have better structures in place that produce better underage players?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This looks like having the makings of a good double header for football fans! Hope the day is good for football!

Moyle Rovers v Galtee Rovers – Sunday October 4th at 1:30pm in Leahy Park Cashel
    Clonmel Commercials v Loughmore-Castleiney – Sunday October 4th at 3pm in Leahy Park Cashel

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

County Senior Football Quarter Final :

Arravale Rovers 0-17 Killenaule 0-9 .

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Arravale Rovers 0-17 Killenaule 0-9 .

County Senior Football Quarter Final :

Would it be between arravale and loughmore as favourites?

buggy beag wrote: »
    Would it be between arravale and loughmore as favourites?

Commercials are Favorites to win it out . I fancy Loughmore tomorrow though . Think Arravale have a lot of quality Players , reckon they have a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If Commercials are favorites after their very poor performance in the South final club football in Tipp must be fair bad.

tippspur wrote: »
    If Commercials are favorites after their very poor performance in the South final club football in Tipp must be fair bad.

That weekend Commercial Lads had Tickets for/went to Electric Picnic on the Friday Night . They were dropped for the South Final despite the fact they didn`t drink at the Picnic .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That weekend Commercial Lads had Tickets for/went to Electric Picnic on the Friday Night . They were dropped for the South Final despite the fact they didn't drink at the Picnic .
    Bollox to that,that only takes away from Kilsheelans victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

That weekend Commercial Lads had Tickets for/went to Electric Picnic on the Friday Night . They were dropped for the South Final despite the fact they didn`t drink at the Picnic .

Ooh don't ya just love it.
    I remember a few years back Wayne Rooney was pictured smoking and drinking a bottle(s?) of beer. The guys a pro at one of the most competitive teams in the worlds biggest sports.

Yet guys playing an amateur indigenous sport are expected to have higher standards:rolleyes:

On the other hand, this is Ireland so while a few beers might be 3-4 for most people there will always be a few who think it's 10+.

Pertinent to a previous conversation I had with a few posters, Kildare are proposing Cian O'Neill to take over the Kildare footballers...

Pertinent to a previous conversation I had with a few posters, Kildare are proposing Cian O'Neill to take over the Kildare footballers...

Thats a brilliant appointment for them. Jeez i never thought he'd actually dip his toes into actual management itself tbh but with the benefit of hindsight he'd have been the ideal fit. although id imagine the lure of his home county might have been the big draw. O'neill will have picked up loads over recent years with Tipperary, Mayo, and Kerry and is an accomplished man in his own right.

Brendan Cummins book serialised in the sindo today. Some good extracts. I had a right chuckle at the Babs extract myself. The bare footed wonder who recently had a pop at the county boards extravagance, had a few of his own mates travelling on the team bus.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/brendan-cummins-babs-told-me-to-go-wingback-i-told-him-that-i-was-a-goalie-31578548.html

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/brendan-cummins-i-would-compare-our-training-drills-with-the-movie-the-matrix-31578550.html

OAPs on tour! And, his son prepping Brendan before games...mother a god...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

OAPs on tour! And, his son prepping Brendan before games...mother a god...!!!!

I hope you do not harbour any secret wish to become a book critic or book reviewer. Cummins has been around a long time and I feel that he has many stories that are well worth hearing. Give the man and the book a chance, they both deserve it.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    I hope you do not harbour any secret wish to become a book critic or book reviewer. Cummins has been around a long time and I feel that he has many stories that are well worth hearing. Give the man and the book a chance, they both deserve it.

He isnt ridiculing Brendan Cummins or his book but reacting to the anecdotes given in the actual book. They are quite simply astonishing even by Babs Keatings standards and ET is more or less agreeing with Cummins as to the absurdity of each situation that arose during the Babs years.

tippspur wrote: »
    Bollox to that,that only takes away from Kilsheelans victory.

Kilsheelan appear to have a good young team in the pipeline anyway and id imagine they could develop into quite a side in a couple of years if they can keep the conveyor belt going.

Spot on, Gunner!

• Advertisement

That must have been a dark day for Darragh Egan!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement