Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

That must have been a dark day for Darragh Egan!

Daragh Egans autobiogaphy - Chapter 5, The Day my arse was sore from sitting on the floor of the team bus :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Daragh Egans autobiogaphy - Chapter 5, The Day my arse was sore from sitting on the floor of the team bus :pac:

Expect a telling off and being called a Troll from Kildanganaboo :D !

Wasnt having a dig at Egan just a lighthearted joke is all. FWIW its kind of scandalous that a player had to give up his seat. The team shouldnt have been put in that position.

I realise pensioners should be looked after and i commend Babs for his mindfulness in this regard but not on the team bus FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'd say Brendan would have a few decent stories alright

Will be better than shefflins one by a mile if the 'excerpts' in the papers are anything to go by. The most controversial shefflin gets is the time the Clare lad hurt his eye ....but they had a chat and there's no ill feelings. And basically Cody is a great manager.....

digzy wrote: »
    I'd say Brendan would have a few decent stories alright

Will be better than shefflins one by a mile if the 'excerpts' in the papers are anything to go by. The most controversial shefflin gets is the time the Clare lad hurt his eye ....but they had a chat and there's no ill feelings. And basically Cody is a great manager.....

I thought Shefflin gave a few good snippets namely the anecdote of that league final in 2002 when Kilkenny were all set to support Cork in their protest until Cody threw cold water on it.

• Advertisement

I thought Shefflin gave a few good snippets namely the anecdote of that league final in 2002 when Kilkenny were all set to support Cork in their protest until Cody threw cold water on it.

Perhaps,
    Just think that shefflin has had a glorious career surrounded by fantastic colleagues and support staff. You couldn't say the same for Brendan to put it mildly. Would think it would be more interesting to read about the highs and lows. Plus most of us would remember the games Brendan would be referring to.

Tbf hadn't paid much heed to shefflins snippets, could be a belter but from the headlines I can't see it being worth the read. Enjoyed keanes latest book even if he's a bit of a psycho!

County Senior Football Championship Quarter-final :

Aherlow Gaels 0-15, Eire Og Annacarty 0-08 .

Aherlow playing Commercials on Sunday in the Semi !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

County Senior Football Championship Quarter-final :

Aherlow Gaels 0-15, Eire Og Annacarty 0-08 .

Aherlow playing Commercials on Sunday in the Semi !

Big game for Lattin/Aherlow on Sunday.
    Commercials look very strong. Is Quinlavin suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Paddico wrote: »
    Is Quinlavin suspended

No, blackcrded last Sunday!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Ah I'm sure it was well cushioned by all them AI medals :D

Obviously it was a scandalous situation, probably on a par with what was done to both the extended minor and senior panel members this year, but to be fair to Babs ( I won't say that too often) it was he who brought Egan in to the panel and gave him his debut.

Looks like someone is still a little bitter that Daragh turned down numerous call ups from Seamus McCarthy, John Owens and John Evans to join up with the footballers.

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Ah I'm sure it was well cushioned by all them AI medals :D

Obviously it was a scandalous situation, probably on a par with what was done to both the extended minor and senior panel members this year, but to be fair to Babs ( I won't say that too often) it was he who brought Egan in to the panel and gave him his debut.

Looks like someone is still a little bitter that Daragh turned down numerous call ups from Seamus McCarthy, John Owens and John Evans to join up with the footballers.

:D:D:D still no sense of humour . Didn`t know and I couldn`t care less who he turned down , seen him play for McDonaghs many times and thought he looked as awkward as a Sow in reverse ;) .

:D:D:D still no sense of humour . Didn`t know and I couldn`t care less who he turned down , seen him play for McDonaghs many times and thought he looked as awkward as a Sow in reverse ;) .

He played county Minor and U21 for Tipp and captained Ireland V Austraila in compromise rules, and then having barely kicked a ball in 4 years won a Senior Couinty Medal with Thomas Mc Donaghs, says it all about club football in Tipp really that a sow in reverse could achieve all that.

He played county Minor and U21 for Tipp and captained Ireland V Austraila in compromise rules, and then having barely kicked a ball in 4 years won a Senior Couinty Medal with Thomas Mc Donaghs, says it all about club football in Tipp really that a sow in reverse could achieve all that.

Don't be letting the facts get in the way of a good insult;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

:mad:

Obviously it was a scandalous situation, probably on a par with what was done to both the extended minor and senior panel members this year,

Ah here!
    I think the fact that Brendan Cummins felt it necessary to put in his book that a young fit man had to give up his seat for some auld fella on the short trip from the hotel to croke park sums it up really. If our senior hurlers- cream of Tipperary hurling men-find such 'First World issues' to be a problem then we have no hope.

Ah here!
    I think the fact that Brendan Cummins felt it necessary to put in his book that a young fit man had to give up his seat for some auld fella on the short trip from the hotel to croke park sums it up really. If our senior hurlers- cream of Tipperary hurling men-find such 'First World issues' to be a problem then we have no hope.

What hotel are you raving about, the bus travelled from Horse and Jockey to Dublin, and if you think that affording some of Bab's elderly friends a lift to Dubliin on the team bus is in any way appropriate or ideal preperation for an AI quarter final, your more deluded than Babs!

Sure maybe we should have made them all run to Croke Park, feckin pampered prima donnas that they are :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What hotel are you raving about, the bus travelled from Horse and Jockey to Dublin, and if you think that affording some of Bab's elderly friends a lift to Dubliin on the team bus is in any way appropriate or ideal preperation for an AI quarter final, your more deluded than Babs!

Sure maybe we should have made them all run to Croke Park, feckin pampered prima donnas that they are :rolleyes:

Come to think of yer man wasn't even playing! Like I say our team can at times suffer from 'First world' issues.

Australia Cobber ;) !

I`m not interested in Darragh Egans Footballing career . I made a light hearted comment in reply to something TG said , you are the one who brought up the subject in an effort to have a go at me and Tipp Football again . Need I mention the word Troll .

I and others here have mentioned not so long ago about the state of Tipp Club football , it is poor .

Come to think of yer man wasn't even playing! Like I say our team can at times suffer from 'First world' issues.

Sure why bring subs at all at that rate, waste of money!

Still wondering what hotel you are on about or how you think its appropriate that a team bus for a AI QF be used as a ****ing senior citizens bus for a day out in the big smoke :rolleyes:

According to RTE Sport Colin has signed a 2 year Rookie Contract with Sydney Swans , Best of luck to the lad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

RTE website states (in part):

"Tipperary will be without Colin O’Riordan for at least the next two years as the dual player has signed an international rookie contract with Sydney Swans.
    The Swans have had mixed luck with Irish recruits in recent years, with Tadhg Kennelly the only former GAA player to win a premiership, while his fellow Kerryman, Tommy Walsh, had an injury-interrupted term before returning home.
    Brendan Murphy and Chrissy McKaigue are two others that failed to establish themselves and returned to Carlow and Derry respectively."

• Advertisement

Great opportunity for Colin.

Nightmare for Tipp Football (and even a hit for tipp hurling, even if he elected Tipp football)

Best of luck to Colin. Looks like Kilkenny will be missing the services of Daragh Joyce in the future too as he courts a number of suitors so best of luck to him as well.

Ah here!

The team bus should be sacred, simple as. I do appreciate that elderly fans need to be looked after, but not on the team bus and not in this day in age certainly

If babs was so worried about getting a few auld codgers to croke park he should've organised another bus for them out of his own pocket.It's easy for him to be 'a great fella' with someone else's resources-he wasn't paying for the team bus anyway.

If half the stories about him are true that I've heard over the years....good riddance.

Nightmare for Tipp Football (and even a hit for tipp hurling, even if he elected Tipp football)

Tbf the vast majority of lads who go don't make it. If he was there for 2-3 years and returns to tipp imagine the wealth of knowledge he'd bring back regarding how a professional would go about their business. I know Tommy Walsh didn't make it over there but the change in him physically is massive.

Bad in the short term but there might be a tiny bit of silver lining..

digzy wrote: »
    Tbf the vast majority of lads who go don't make it. If he was there for 2-3 years and returns to tipp imagine the wealth of knowledge he'd bring back regarding how a professional would go about their business. I know Tommy Walsh didn't make it over there but the change in him physically is massive.

Bad in the short term but there might be a tiny bit of silver lining..

I said that a while ago , if he doesn`t make it he will come back a serious Athlete , all good as far as Tipp is concerned .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It'll be a Thurles Sarsfields vs Nenagh Éire Óg county final. Now who could've called that one... To be fair, the Nenagh/ Drom and Inch game couldn't have been closer. Two Nenagh points in the last minute of extra time to win by one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

GerB40 wrote: »
    It'll be a Thurles Sarsfields vs Nenagh Éire Óg county final. Now who could've called that one... To be fair, the Nenagh/ Drom and Inch game couldn't have been closer. Two Nenagh points in the last minute of extra time to win by one point.
    Who got the goals for Sars, do you know?

Pa and Aidan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tipperary County Senior Football Final.

Clonmel Commercials V Moyle Rovers.

Sunday 18th. October. Venue: Semple Stadium, Time: 4.30.

Two neigbouring parishes, from the South.

I am sure that both teams are more than happy to travel to Thurles to avail of the comfort of the stadium.

Anyone know was there ever before a County Senior Football Final played in Semple Stadium involving two Southern teams.

I am happy with this, hopefully this is a sign of furhter recognition of our footballers from the County Board.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement