Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

Xenophile wrote: »
    Tipperary County Senior Football Final.

Clonmel Commercials V Moyle Rovers.

Sunday 18th. October. Venue: Semple Stadium, Time: 4.30.

Two neigbouring parishes, from the South.

I am sure that both teams are more than happy to travel to Thurles to avail of the comfort of the stadium.

Anyone know was there ever before a County Senior Football Final played in Semple Stadium involving two Southern teams.

I am happy with this, hopefully this is a sign of furhter recognition of our footballers from the County Board.

Good question and funnily the same thought crossed my own mind.

Good too see too and hopefully there will be a good attendance. As your on about the footballers getting increased recognition, Just after completing Brendan Cummins book and he said in one part a championship game against Kerry back in the 90s/early 00s was delayed because they couldnt contact the man who had the keys to Semple stadium :rolleyes:

Cummins book a very very good read BTW. A window into what is Tipperary hurling and in Cummins case, football for a period. Very descriptive of each regime he played under.

I said that a while ago , if he doesn`t make it he will come back a serious Athlete , all good as far as Tipp is concerned .

There are those who carve out a great career in Aussie Rules too with Zac Tuohy, Tadhg Kennelly and the O'hailpin brothers to a lesser extent being a case in point

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tomorrow Night :

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1014/734848-2016-gaa-championship-draw-live-on-rte/

The Munster intermediate , junior , U21 and minor draws are to be held on October 22 !

Tomorrow Night :

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1014/734848-2016-gaa-championship-draw-live-on-rte/

The Munster intermediate , junior , U21 and minor draws are to be held on October 22 !

Looking forward to it.

22nd is a date for the diary. Inters and Juniors normally follow senior plan or is it changing this year?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Tipp v Waterford , Munster Senior Football Quarter Final , Cork in the Semi for the Winner !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

In Munster, Waterford take on Clare in the semi-finals, while Limerick will meet the winners of the quarter-final pairing of Cork and reigning champions Tipperary in the other semi-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Not a bad draw i suppose if we get to the final we have 3 games in thurles so cant complain to much.on paper you would imagine the winner would come from our side of the draw.

I wouldn't be so sure as that...

There's shift taking place - we really don't know where we'll be yet...

It depends on how big of an axe Ryan takes to the squad or if he chooses to roll with the same set....or if the type of gameplan he adopts works or takes awhile to work...

Waterford should come on more...

Cork are rebuilding again...

Limerick need to reassess

Clare have Collins coming back...and you never know with them...they have a lot of talent.

Could be a very open Munster?

It depends on how big of an axe Ryan takes to the squad or if he chooses to roll with the same set....or if the type of gameplan he adopts works or takes awhile to work...

Clare have Collins coming back...and you never know with them...they have a lot of talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Ya do we want to win munster even?i know of course we do but as proved before it isnt the worse thing in the world if you dont.probably out of all the munster teams clare need to win it the most

buggy beag wrote: »
    Ya do we want to win munster even?i know of course we do but as proved before it isnt the worse thing in the world if you dont.probably out of all the munster teams clare need to win it the most

There is two ways of looking at this really. If we dont win we come under intense scrutiny yet get more championship games under our belt which as proved in both 10 and 14, this is no big issue to us fine as we improve with more games

If we do win Munster on the other hand we are hailed all over the county but face a five week gap and history hasnt been kind to us in Semis in recent times.

Tbh im not convinced of the five week gap thing as Kilkenny have successfully negotiated it time and again without a real test in Leinster and i dont think for example it was the reason we lost the all ireland in 2009 when we came agonisingly close. While more games bring us on more and more, at the same time im not convinced that winning munster is much of a handicap by comparison.

I can understand the predicament Collins is in with the dual role but he is ultimately kidding himself if he tries to juggle both in this era we are in.

Though id have to wonder at times if intercounty players are overcooked in one code? I mean for example is the likes of these ridiculous trips down to Bere Island to the army rangers camp in any way beneficial or neccessary? Therefore you could be tying up resources that could be spread for the benefit of the supporters of the county.

Anyone at yesterday's football Final to report? Congrats to Na Tractaraí and best of luck in Munster

Great points from westside this week. Tipperary men involved at coaching throughout the country and yet we can't put a management team together.

http://www.tippsupportersclub.com/westside-column-23-october-2015/

I see the season ticket price raised to 99 euro BTW. Anyone know the reason?

Kerry in u21 football away, Cork or Limerick in u21 Munster hurling semi,

Cork or Waterford away in Munster minor hurling

Cork away in the minor football

Gone very very quiet this week and it a week sandwiched between the county finals. I'm getting lonely what's going on? :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Gone very very quiet this week and it a week sandwiched between the county finals. I'm getting lonely what's going on? :(:D

For a start very few people here have any interest in football.

I see your thread has been hijacked for 2016. A pity as you were doing a good job and as time went by you were getting better.

As I said several times before, this thread should be moved into GAA, the input from other county people would add a bit of spice :)

Nothing stopping you from opening a 2016 thread in GAA, go for it.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I see your thread has been hijacked for 2016. A pity as you were doing a good job and as time went by you were getting better.

As I said several times before, this thread should be moved into GAA, the input from other county people would add a bit of spice :)

Thread for 2016 is already open here and wouldn't exactly say this thread has been hijacked....

Only a few moments ago I considered whether to add a poll on this thread to ask whether the 2016 thread should be put in Tipperary or Gaa but then I discovered the new thread. Nevermind sure I'll just have to use the new one although the pedant in me is screaming 'its not ****ing 2016 yet...' :D
    Was never my thread and hijack is a strong term. Im not going to lower myself to premierview style sulking and take my ball away. The thread is for everyone and there is no such thing as ownership. Great that there is enough people that care enough to keep the show going.

Thanks for your sentiments all the same. Opening a thread in the gaa forum would be pointless at this stage and would only become a ghost thread.

Goodbye 2015 and Happy new year everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I've always wondered why there is no Tipperary thread in the GAA forum? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I've always wondered why there is no Tipperary thread in the GAA forum? Am I missing something?

It's a pity as it would get more exposure and also the Mods over there are quite good.

Nothing stopping anybody from starting one there, I know it will happen one day but the question is when!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It's a pity as it would get more exposure and also the Mods over there are quite good.

Nothing stopping anybody from starting one there, I know it will happen one day but the question is when!
    There has been general threads for tipp over there already and before just has never taken off in same way this one in tipp/Midwest forum has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Blondie919 wrote: »

It was discussed here about 2 years ago and most people wanted our GAA thread to stay here

One change on the Nenagh Eire Og team. Killian Gleeson starts in place of James Mackey.

Nenagh or Thurles Sarsfields will be away to Limerick champions Na Piarsaigh in the Munster Club Championship in 2 weeks

Congrats Clonakenny. Intermediate champions

Nenagh being outclassed at the moment

Just after I posted that - Nenagh bag two goals from Barry and Michael

• Advertisement

Lights on and rain heavy now

Michael going to full forward changed the first half - Thurles the better hurling team so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement